What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stuart & Australian players claim conspiracy & stitch-up

Very simple reaction to this if I was the ARL - Ricky Stuart - resign or we fire you. Paul Gallen - enjoy playing for Cronulla, we'll never pick you again.

pcpp

Juniors
Disappointments

1. Australia
2. England
3. France
4. Tonga
5. Samoa

Surprises

1. NZ
2. Fiji
3. Ireland
4. Scotland
5. PNG

the kirwan kid

Juniors
It's embarrassing how we can't take a loss on the chin. At the end of the day our players did a few dumb things and the other team won. Sh#t happens. Get over it. In the big picture it's probably a good thing that the kiwis won.

abpanther

Staff member
What a bunch of f**ken whingers, they lost coz they played crap, NZ showed up with more passion, take it on the chin and move on, talk about poor sportsmanship

Pistol

Coach
Very simple reaction to this if I was the ARL - Ricky Stuart - resign or we fire you. Paul Gallen - enjoy playing for Cronulla, we'll never pick you again.

if sticky stays, so will Gallen. See also for Anthony Tupou

Wayne Bennett left after losing the Tri Nations. Australia just lost the WC with Sticky in charge... perhaps he'll fall on the sword

Pass the Ball

Juniors
He is a spineless germ..

He needs to be fired, as he will not "fall on his sword"..

He promised the Roosters he would walk if he did not make the 2006 finals...He then had to be fired with a financial pay-out...

f**king germ...

Ziggy the God

First Grade
I expected nothing less from Sticky and Gallen, they are a disgrace to the game.

Furthermore, if that doesn't bring the game into disrepute, I don't know what does, so what does Carr say...........he can keep his job.

What a farce.

rupertpupkin

Juniors
if sticky stays, so will Gallen. See also for Anthony Tupou

Wayne Bennett left after losing the Tri Nations. Australia just lost the WC with Sticky in charge... perhaps he'll fall on the sword

Pigs will fly first. Sticky will dig his fingers in, and will require being dragged away by the legs, as he wails about persecution, and screams random invectives- "Screw you Bennett. I didn't lose like you, I was cheated dammit." and "Fitzy was an awesome selection." etc

Eddie.

Bench
This is I love seeing whingers and morons like Stuart and Gallen lose.

Australia talked rubbish all week about Bashing Benji and now they just look like sore losers with these latest claims, hardly surprising though.

This game was the highlight of the year.

TimmyB

Juniors
If it was a conspiracy Vatuvei's close call would have been awarded a benefit of the doubt try. It wasn't.

God-King Dean

Immortal
"It was terrible, to be honest. We knew we were going to have to play bad to be beaten. We didn't play our best game but we weren't that bad. It was a bit of a stitch-up, I thought, in some decisions."
-Cat Gallen.

With an attitude like that, no surprise Australia lost.

And I'd like to take this time to point out Stuart & Gallen are from the Cronulla RL Club. :cool:

Roosterphin1

Juniors
Look the Kiwis played well but I must say I came away from that game thinking the same thing. I dont think we will ever see a try like the one where marshall knocked on and also the very dubious penalty try given in any other game.

As for Vatuvai's no try if you watch the replay from behind you will see his knee is clearly out before he grounds the ball.

Godz Illa

Coach
"It was terrible, to be honest. We knew we were going to have to play bad to be beaten. We didn't play our best game but we weren't that bad. It was a bit of a stitch-up, I thought, in some decisions."
-Cat Gallen.

With an attitude like that, no surprise Australia lost.

And I'd like to take this time to point out Stuart & Gallen are from the Cronulla RL Club. :cool:
Gallen has previously shown his disdain for stitches of any kind

Frailty

First Grade
Bloody hell Stuart and Gallen! Way to take a loss graciously. I couldn't care less if they did think it was rigged, but that is just poor.

Especially you Gallen, you played reasonably well and appeared to have shut your mouth for once!

dubby

Bench
Disgraceful comments from our national coach.

I thought the ref had a pretty good game actually. What lost it for australia was our poor handling and costly errors.

The kiwis had a bit of luck, but every team gets luck; the good ones make use of it.

I think the NZ win was what the game needed at International level. Sticky and his cronie in Gallen have tainted the result with some immature and unneccessary whinging.

Grow up Sticky.

miccle

Bench
Conspiracy?

If that was not a penalty try, i don't know what is.

Disagreed. That's my only real complaint - I still think there was enough doubt that Slater would've gotten to the ball. He can definitely motor. I believe it should've been a penalty and Monas sent off. Same result undoubtedly - in fact, the Kiwis would've beaten us by more if we only had 12 men on the park from then.

Penalty try has to be given only when a blatant act of foul play has stopped a certain try. That was anything but certain IMO, but it changed absolutely nothing in the end.

Sticky, you're a f**king embarrassment. We were beaten by a conspiracy? Puh-lease. We were beaten by a Kiwi team with 10 times the amount of passion and self-belief than we had, end of story.

The Tank

Bench
I thought it was the most blatantly obvious penalty try myself. Hohai was there and was reaching out to grab the ball. If Monaghan doesn't touch him, he scores. He was in a much better position than Slater. But I guess that's just my opinion, I couldn't blame the video ref if he gave it either way so I'm not sure why they're whinging.

Latest posts