What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stuart & Australian players claim conspiracy & stitch-up

ozenzud

Juniors
The kiwis got their fair share of calls for once. Usually they don't, or when they do, the games over.

At worst, the decisions that went with the kiwis were 50/50. Monahan was eitehr sent off or penatly try. Agree it was 50/50 so either call was equally right.

Conspiracy theory? What, slater paid to through that pass, when he was brilliant setting up two others.

Why was that forward pass let go? Why wasn't monahan called for the strip on Harrison? That is so embarrising! I have this huge cultural cringe today!

Godz Illa

Coach
The conspiracy theory that really cost Australia is that Stuart selected his buddies Tupou and Fitzgibbon over more worthy candidates like Nate Myles, Sam Thaiday or Ben Creagh. Players that would've provided some kind of impact, and some kind of relief to the only two props he named in that final (and why name only two props against such a big pack??). Stuart needs to answer for these mistakes before he goes pointing the finger at anyone else.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
This is what happens when you let the scummers get involved with the national team.

Meth

Staff member
Yeah, its all a big conspiracy. Couldn't possibly be as simple as the better team on the night won

Pistol

Coach
FMD

just when you thought Gallen couldnt be more of a cat and sticky couldnt be more of a cry baby.........

they keep lowering the bar.

australia lost..... end of story. they were beaten by a passionate Kiwi team.

The Colonel

Immortal
The only real conspiracy was the easy semi final run Australia had after playing PNG.

Kiwis had the tougher draw having to play the Poms twice. They wanted it more in the end.

The only other possible conspiracy will be if Stuart keeps his job. Would have loved to have seen the Aussies win but was more than happy to see a Kiwi win. They wanted it more and that showed in the end.

Simo

First Grade
We had ample opportuniy to win, Lockyer doesnt drop the ball over the line we are up 16-0 and its game over with a big score.

Monohan panicked when he dropped the ball and blatantly took out hohia...it had to be given.

That ankle tap from whoever when Thurto cut through the line when we were down by 8 was also a match saver, would have been a grand stand finish had that come off.

The last try was a bit dodgy but the game was over by then, as was the try to take them to 12-10 but I think that is how the rule is applied and as such it is the rule that is sh*t as opposed to the ref (the supposed strip in the tackle try that went about 50m).

We put ourselves in a position to loose and did it, had chances (about 50 from marshall!) to win the game and didnt.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
the unfortunate thing about australian culture is that when a national team or a favourite gets betane there's always a whinge or an excuse. when the swimmers or runenrs get ebat it's cos the others were using drugs but when an aussie tests positive it was a 'mistake'.

klein was crap BUT the better team won. he didnt force the mistakes or ignore the kiwi's mistakes.

Stuart wanked on about bringing back pride to the jersey (and he has done to a degree) but the fact is the players didnt aim up (were they well prepared?) and instead of using the backs we had at our disposal the game attack centred around inside balls up the middle of the field for the whole game.

congrats to the kiwis for aiming up and playing well, they coudl have dropepd the bundle at 10 -0 liek previous teams but they didnt, they were more desparate and took their chances

The Colonel

Immortal
england were sh*t, i reckon png aimed up mroe against australia than the poms so i'm not so sure about the easier draw.

They at least put up more of a fight than PNG and Fiji did for the Australians.

The England v Kiwi semi was one of the better games of the Cup.

The Wrong Eye

Juniors
lets wait and see the great gus's views on this.
I bet you he could see this happening 2-3 weeks ago.
It will make interesting reading.

Matterhorn

Juniors
I wish they would just say the better team won.

They had there chance & blew it.

Noone except the kiwi team came them a chance but they took it & caused the biggest upset in 100 years.

I mean when Australia loses no credit goes to the team that beat them.

instead it is based around what happened or what went against them.

Imagine if Australia won & NZ were denied by a few unlucky calls. There would be calls of whinging & unfair sportsmanship.

They just have to face they are 2nd in a great game of footy.

End of story.........

Simo

First Grade
yet our semi final was pretty much decide by the last play of the game,either of us looked like scoring at the end,had we scored it would have gone into extra time..not bad against the world champions is it :lol:

You can try and save face as much as you like but Sterlo put it best when he said the only real disapointment in the tournament was England.

Everyone had much higher hopes and they peformed way under expectation.

Hanscholo

Bench
I gathered from the post match huddle and the arrogant way tate ordered the camera man away that Ricky and the boys werent going to accept this defeat all that well.

There was a penalty try, 50/50 imo, but in a final a blatant professional foul so close to the ball in goal means you shouldnt f**king complain about conspiracies. Benji's knock on, yea sure 9/10 thats called a knock on but the referee didnt see it that way, typical response really to a rule that doesnt even exist, cant blame anyone there.

The referee didnt make Lockyer drop a certain try, miss an easy tackle on the goal line, he didnt make Monoghan fumble and f**k up all night he didnt make our forward pack get absolutely utterly outplayed by NZ on the night.

I think the loss shows just how poor a coach stuart is, he is an obsessive little twerp that cant take responsibility for his own failures, im sure its always been someone else's fault with this bloke. The hide he has to go up to carr at the end of the match and complain that they were stitched up, what a disgraceful effort, makes me embarressed to be australian.

To bring the game under disrepute like that is worse than anything I have seen coach's say about NRL referees. Yet Carr is responding with a ball sucking effort in return. Stuart should be fined, sacked and should have to appologise to the referee, the organizers and NZ.

Last edited:

The Tank

Bench
You can try and save face as much as you like but Sterlo put it best when he said the only real disapointment in the tournament was England.

Everyone had much higher hopes and they peformed way under expectation.

France

Latest posts