What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sucked in Russel Crowe

Rocky Rabbit

Juniors
Russell is a fan just like all of us.
I was absolutely gutted after the siren as would any of you if your team lost with 30 bl**dy seconds to go.
Cut him a little slack. As has been stated hes great for the game great for souths and a great bloke

ozzie

Bench
Ron Jeremy said:
Grow up ffs, so he's thrown a phone at someone? that makes him a lowlife? If you haven't met the guy personally then I cannot see how people can label him in such a way. He has good intentions
I'd much rather have Crowe at my club then a Politis or Fitzy. Actually i think any club would take Crowe if they had the chance.

hmmm - yes good intentions of hitting someone - bad aim though - he could do with phone chucking lessons, and forget it I would prefer a Politis than a broken down hackkneed actor

keeney

First Grade
S.S.T.I.D said:
Do you know him personally?

No, do you?

Why do I have to know him personally to formulate an opinion? Sure it doesn't carry as much weight as if we went to school together and I personally saw him having sex with a goat, but nevertheless I'd like to think the guy has done enough stuff that has been well publicised for me (or anyone) to decide whether they like the guy or not.

For me I think he's a wanker, he's done a lot of stupid sh*t, and being passionate about a football club isn't enough to erase that. I get a little sick of the parochial nature of Australia sometimes, just cos he's famous international export (he's not even ours), we're meant to fall rank and file behind him?

I don't like the guy, it's my opinion, obviously at least one other person here shares it, what's the problem? It has nothing to do with your club.

m0j0

Bench
Ron Jeremy said:
i cannot believe people on this bored giving it to crowe. What the f**k has this guy done? He brought the club he's loved since a kid, brought some brains, taste & players to the club, makes them now competitive and he's now a lousy human being?

Grow up ffs, so he's thrown a phone at someone? that makes him a lowlife? If you haven't met the guy personally then I cannot see how people can label him in such a way. He has good intentions, very popular member around the club and lets face it, his profile isn't doing league any harm for publicity of the game overseas.

I'd much rather have Crowe at my club then a Politis or Fitzy. Actually i think any club would take Crowe if they had the chance.

To be fair to Roosters fans, it was only a couple of years ago that just about every Souths fan here took absolute delight in every Roosters loss because their beloved rabble couldn't muster up a handful of wins all season. Now the shoes on the other foot, and we're reacting like Souths fans did back then and they can't hack it. If you can't get as good as you give then don't cry about it here... we don't care.

As for Rusty, I guess we tend to have a particular dislike after his dig at the Chooks and the cheque book rugby league comment followed soon after by him waiving his big novelty size cheque book at just about every off-contract player going around.

I don't care that he's thrown a phone at someone, or that he picked a fight with Eric Watson and was subsequently belted. The whole hypocracy of this one act is enough for me to have some dislike of the man. FFS, if he's allowed to have a hatred of the Roosters and their fans, then surely we're allowed to feel the same way in return.

Dave Q

Coach
m0j0 said:
To be fair to Roosters fans, it was only a couple of years ago that just about every Souths fan here took absolute delight in every Roosters loss because their beloved rabble couldn't muster up a handful of wins all season. Now the shoes on the other foot, and we're reacting like Souths fans did back then and they can't hack it. If you can't get as good as you give then don't cry about it here... we don't care.

As for Rusty, I guess we tend to have a particular dislike after his dig at the Chooks and the cheque book rugby league comment followed soon after by him waiving his big novelty size cheque book at just about every off-contract player going around.

I don't care that he's thrown a phone at someone, or that he picked a fight with Eric Watson and was subsequently belted. The whole hypocracy of this one act is enough for me to have some dislike of the man. FFS, if he's allowed to have a hatred of the Roosters and their fans, then surely we're allowed to feel the same way in return.

Furg orf boring rooster filth premiership-buyers.

chunk

Juniors
How childish is the first post.

How can you bag a guy for showing passion for his team.

He has brought tremendous passion and exposure to Souths and the game we all love.

Grow up....

keeney

First Grade
coolumsharkie said:
Really?

Well what would you suggest he do?

Haha, I dunno, know I'm just being an opionated asshole. I do hate how the cameras always focus on him though. Gladiator was more than enough time on camera for Rusty.

gregstar

Referee
roosterman57 said:
Dont u just love the sight of seeing Russel Crowe so happy and so sure of a victory, only to be brought back down to earth in a matter of four measly minutes, shaking his head in amazement as the full time siren sounded. Topped my day! Oh and the fact i tipped the warriors :D lol... nothing against u rabbits fans but i just hate the wanker...

well i wish i could live the dream & part own my footy team. what do you part own & run roosterman?

Rocco

Juniors
S.S.T.I.D said:
I can't really argue with that. They should of been up 14-0. That second 'no try' was the worst call I ahve ever seen in my life. How it even went to the video ref is beyond me. Every single official from the game today should be sacked.

sadly thats jason robinson. the ex arrive alive cup ref and ex jim beam cup ref as well?

he cant handle the pace of the game

Raiding Dazz

Juniors
keeney said:
Haha, I dunno, know I'm just being an opionated asshole. I do hate how the cameras always focus on him though. Gladiator was more than enough time on camera for Rusty.

That sh!ts me too when they have the cameras on him,who gives a sh!t what he is doing,we are watching it for the footy not for Russell.

haha

Juniors
ozzie said:
hmmm - yes good intentions of hitting someone - bad aim though - he could do with phone chucking lessons, and forget it I would prefer a Politis than a broken down hackkneed actor

car sales man V hollywood actor :crazy:

m0j0

Bench
Dave Q said:
Furg orf boring rooster filth premiership-buyers.

Awesome come-back. Particularly loved the premiership-buyers comment. Of course we'd never see Souths buy up a huge wad of talent in an effort to win a premiership. That'd be well above them...

Raiding Dazz

Juniors
Souths,Roosters and Parramatta try and buy the premiership and sucked in to all of your teams as you will never win it from here on in.
The only reason the roosters won the comps was of salary cap breaching and Having one player only; Fittler, since his departure they have had nothing.

m0j0

Bench
Raiding Dazz said:
The only reason the roosters won the comps was of salary cap breaching

Please explain further. Don't forget to provide the evidence required when making such allegations.