What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sucked in Russel Crowe

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
m0j0 said:
Awesome come-back. Particularly loved the premiership-buyers comment. Of course we'd never see Souths buy up a huge wad of talent in an effort to win a premiership. That'd be well above them...
Ouch!

ozzie

Bench
Raiding Dazz said:
Souths,Roosters and Parramatta try and buy the premiership and sucked in to all of your teams as you will never win it from here on in.
The only reason the roosters won the comps was of salary cap breaching and Having one player only; Fittler, since his departure they have had nothing.
Do you follow the Raiders by any chance - if so explain how come you broke the slary cap and was allowed to keep a premiership - am waiting for all Raider fans to jump on this - because they know its true

ozzie

Bench
Dave Q said:
Furg orf boring rooster filth premiership-buyers.
oh do you have teeth to say that with. Did you see they are doing a touch up of the last Souths premiership? - they are re-touching it so you can watch it black and white - oh hang on it is in black and white - maybe there are touching it up so you can watch it in colour

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
Souths cannot be classed as premierhip buyers, as their juniors & fulltime roster was poached when they were kicked oout... they are buying some players to get back on their feet now... once they are successful, im sure this will stop.

Also, to the accusation about Parra... youre right, why we buy Finch when we got Green, Hodgkinson and Keating coming through, ill never know.

j5o6hn

Juniors
At least hes trying to promote League which is a damm sight more than a lot of clubs have Sydney,also could this be a bit of jealousy coming through at least Souths are not proping up the comp like Easts(i refuse to call them Sydney City)

fatshark

Bench
And it was during these times that I saw evidence of something that made me wince - Crowe's bizarre propensity for nickel-and-dime media manipulation.

It seemed Russell was running his own parallel, one-man PR fix-it campaign.

He'd go through the daily papers and call journalists in person, chastising them for perceived inexactitudes.

He once bragged to me about how he had called a prominent Sydney gossip columnist who had been dumping on him, promising her that should she publish a positive word or two, he would grant her an exclusive interview. Like magic, a nice mention appeared in her column the following week, and the exclusive interview followed.

read the embarresment that is Crowe hear

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national...e/2006/06/06/1149359738242.html?page=fullpage

Jonelle

Juniors
j5o6hn said:
At least hes trying to promote League which is a damm sight more than a lot of clubs have Sydney,also could this be a bit of jealousy coming through at least Souths are not proping up the comp like Easts(i refuse to call them Sydney City)

Im Down with you on that one.

Its good to see his support in Rugby League and celebrities not just being Hollywood stars.

I 2nd you... Jealousy....

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
keeney said:
No, do you?

Why do I have to know him personally to formulate an opinion? Sure it doesn't carry as much weight as if we went to school together and I personally saw him having sex with a goat, but nevertheless I'd like to think the guy has done enough stuff that has been well publicised for me (or anyone) to decide whether they like the guy or not.

For me I think he's a wanker, he's done a lot of stupid sh*t, and being passionate about a football club isn't enough to erase that. I get a little sick of the parochial nature of Australia sometimes, just cos he's famous international export (he's not even ours), we're meant to fall rank and file behind him?

I don't like the guy, it's my opinion, obviously at least one other person here shares it, what's the problem? It has nothing to do with your club.

No I don't.

I'm glad we've cleared that up. He is a low human being for throwing a phone at a bloke. You must have serious issues with an awful lot of people then if that is all it takes to fall into the category of a low human being.

Paedophiles are low human beings. Rapists are low human beings.

I have no problem with you offering your opinion. I will challenge someone's opinion if I think it is unfounded.

fatshark said:
Quote:
He once bragged to me about how he had called a prominent Sydney gossip columnist who had been dumping on him, promising her that should she publish a positive word or two, he would grant her an exclusive interview. Like magic, a nice mention appeared in her column the following week, and the exclusive interview followed.

read the embarresment that is Crowe hear

Firstly,

It's 'here' not 'hear'.

Secondly,

You clearly have a misunderstanding as to how Hollywood works.

ShineDog

Juniors
when is crowe going to make a rugby league movie???

he would be a great lock...but he would need a stunt man...ummm who looks like big rus??

melon....

Coach
Dodger said:
Not really, he and PHaC have done wonders for the club and in some ways the game of RL.

LOL@GOOSTERS are still bottom of the ladder remember ;-)
When the Filthy Dogs are smashed by a useless Tigers, you know the Chooks wont be last for long.

NGR

Juniors
melon.... said:
When the Filthy Dogs are smashed by a useless Tigers, you know the Chooks wont be last for long.
i hope your not suggesting the dogs will come last... :crazy:

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
ShineDog said:
when is crowe going to make a rugby league movie???

he would be a great lock...but he would need a stunt man...ummm who looks like big rus??

how awesome would that be? anything with an actual story and good acting so it can be sent overseas (unlike League Legends, which was shocking)

roosterman57

Juniors
gregstar said:
well i wish i could live the dream & part own my footy team. what do you part own & run roosterman?

well since im only 17 i dont own anything... but im completeing my HSC and everything is on track so far :D All i said is im happy to see him upset because he was so sure of the win 4 minutes earlier... Im not bagging him out as a person or as an actor or anything. When Roosters lose u guys are happy because u dont like to see us winning and happy as fans. Its a 2 way street.

The Riddler

Juniors
roosterman57 said:
well since im only 17 i dont own anything... but im completeing my HSC and everything is on track so far :D All i said is im happy to see him upset because he was so sure of the win 4 minutes earlier... Im not bagging him out as a person or as an actor or anything. When Roosters lose u guys are happy because u dont like to see us winning and happy as fans. Its a 2 way street.

Good luck with your HSC mate.

roosterman57

Juniors
The Riddler said:
Good luck with your HSC mate.

Thanks mate. Only 6 months til its finally all over :D CANT WAIT!!! I know, i know... u all are goin to say how ill miss school rah rah rah... but at the moment i cant wait til all this pressure is gone... and schoolies here i coooommee!!!

Latest posts