What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestions Thread for Next Year's Version

Crippler

Juniors
MOre ATTRIBUTES. The more there is the closer it gets to every players being more unique compared to each other. Also include it to 100 and not 10 as the max.

Instead of just SPEED change that to :-
Speed over 20 metres
speed over 50
speed over 100 etc.
This will separate the campbells who are fast in short distances from the Scott Donalds who are fast over 100 metres. RESULT another way to make the game more lifelike.

With the side step attribute.
Separate that to left and right footed sidestep.

Fittler instead of having say a 9 for both feet would have 8 for right and 10 for his well known left footstep RESULT makes the game more lifelike.

Also have some unique abilities that certain players can use.

E.g. Solomona can to around the corner offloads
Andrew johns can do banana kicks etc.

The more things there are the separate every player from another the MORE CLOSER WE GET TO REALISM!

Crippler

Juniors
People might like it but get rid of the Matrix Kicking.

Jonah Lomu has the BEST GENERAL KICKING system there has ever been in a sports game.

I just dont like the fact that the camera view changes all the time when kicking when i use the side on camera angle. PLus the top view for kicks is very awkward to tell who is ur player or not.

The power level of kicks has to be Lomu style where if you dont time your kicks right the kick arrow will go small again and u will kick a small distance.

You can free up a button as well if you use lomus style. You only need 1 button for kicking.

1) Holding forward and kick does a long punt
2) Holding forward and tapping the kick will do a chip over the top
3) Holding backwards and kicking will do a bomb. Just like lomu.

Keep the same camera angle at all times as its very disorientating having it change all the time when kicking,.

Crippler

Juniors
IanRitchie said:
Also, a button that will pass the ball directly to your playmakers - and they stand back from the line from tackle 4 onwards.

Yes that is a must and can be implemented with the button that isnt needed which I talked about in the kicking idea above.

I am sick of props getting teh ball on the 5th!.

Crippler

Juniors
Also there a space under the score list which can be used to display the attacker or defender you are currently using.

I dont like having to rely on Andrew voss commentary to tell me if I am using Andrew johns or Ryles etc as I use the Side on camera.

NPK

Bench
How about having an aggression circle around the player you are controlling? Let me explain: as it is, there is a red circle around the player you are in control of - it would be nice if that circle gets bigger (or changes colour?) as their aggression increases. This could help in knowing how aggressive a player is when you make a tackle etc...to avoid giving away penalties etc :) Anyone like that idea?

Also, a fatigue meter next to each player on the interchange screen will help determine which players need a rest.

MadDogMason

Juniors
Just be happy with wat u got for the time being. If there is a sequel im sure it wil have all u want so d/w #-o

NPK

Bench
MadDogMason said:
Just be happy with wat u got for the time being. If there is a sequel im sure it wil have all u want so d/w #-o

Most of us are happy with what we've got. But this is a thread for suggestions, hence we are making suggestions.

NPK

Bench
How about using the left trigger button when tackling? We use the right trigger + tackle button to do an aggressive tackle, maybe the left trigger + tackle button can be a low tackle or something?

Blunty

Juniors
One thing I want is off tap kicks, have a forward running onto the ball, they are always caught flat footed if u don't run forwards a bit which also dampens their impact.

NPK

Bench
When I make more than 1 interchange at the same time, Vossy only mentions 1 of them. maybe he could mention them all. eg: "Webcke, Tallis and Meyers are being replaced by Webb, Parker and Wyatt".

Can balls in the ingoal be dived on to score a try? If not, that should be implemented.

Razor

Coach
Crippler said:
1) Holding forward and kick does a long punt
2) Holding forward and tapping the kick will do a chip over the top
3) Holding backwards and kicking will do a bomb. Just like lomu.

How do you do a grubber?
How do you do a field goal?

If they bring in a one-button kick system there is no way I'll be buying the game.

The matrix style kicking is great. Maybe they can put in an option to turn it off, and have it normal speed for those who don't like it.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
NPK said:
Can balls in the ingoal be dived on to score a try? If not, that should be implemented.

I was playing with Bradford in the ESL. I scored a number of tries off deep kicks that went into the ingoal. The players just seemed to force the ball and keep running. Haven't had that luck with grubbers yet, though...

NPK

Bench
1) have different weather throughout a game..eg. starts off fine, than rains, then stops raining...

2) have different wind throughout a game...it seems that the wind is exactly the same speed throughout the entire game.

3) have commentary during replays (which are longer as already requested by others)

4) 3 man gang tackles 8)

5) The sendoff/sinbin animation where the ref waves the player over to "have a chat". It would be nice if sometimes they only get a warning to add variety because as it is now, you know they are going to get sentoff/sinbinned.
Also, make the ref's lips move when he talks in that cut scene :D

Azkatro

First Grade
Crippler said:
MOre ATTRIBUTES. The more there is the closer it gets to every players being more unique compared to each other. Also include it to 100 and not 10 as the max.

Instead of just SPEED change that to :-
Speed over 20 metres
speed over 50
speed over 100 etc.
This will separate the campbells who are fast in short distances from the Scott Donalds who are fast over 100 metres. RESULT another way to make the game more lifelike.

What do you call "Acceleration"?

Crippler said:
The power level of kicks has to be Lomu style where if you dont time your kicks right the kick arrow will go small again and u will kick a small distance.

That doesn't sound realistic at all. In real life, when you stuff a kick up, it's not like it's going to dribble 5 metres in front of you. It'll go flying, it'll just be off the side of your boot or something. And ET's used to have the left-right type meter, but that sucked too - having to wait for the meter to get to the right spot always resulted in you getting tackled.

I think the kicking in this is spot on. I've also noticed that kicks often come off the side of the boot, which perfectly reflects reality. Makes it impossible to do that kick into touch every time, sometimes bombs don't go exactly where you aim etc.

I agree with a couple of your other suggestions though. The camera angle during a bomb could be tweaked a little and I'd like to see the player's name on the screen.

Also make sure it's well advertised what happens, eg if a player gets sinbinned but you skip the cutscene you never know who it was or what really happened. Just needs an information message at the bottom saying "Player was sent off" or similar.

NPK

Bench
Another thing - more faces and heads and body shapes to choose from when creating players..would it be possible to have different facial features to choose from? ie, you choose a nose, eyes, mouth, jaw etc to create a face that more accurately resembles who you are creating?

Crippler

Juniors
That doesn't sound realistic at all. In real life, when you stuff a kick up, it's not like it's going to dribble 5 metres in front of you. It'll go flying, it'll just be off the side of your boot or something. And ET's used to have the left-right type meter, but that sucked too - having to wait for the meter to get to the right spot always resulted in you getting tackled.

How about this.
IF you hold down the kick button too long the tip of the arrow turns red which is overpower mode. You will kick it long and high but not accurate at all.
You can use it to get out of ur own area but you cant use it to do 40/20s etc as it will go alot less accurate and go out on the full like in real life.

I think the arrow has to grow by holding down the button rather than using the stick because I am of the opinion that the lomu style of kicking is fantastic where by you hold back for a bomb rather than designating a whole button for it.

If the arrow grows from scratch it will give you much more control of putting chips over the top etc rather than a full string bomb which happens alot with the current setup (although I cant really tell because you cant tell how high a ball is with that silly top view for kicks).

Also a cancel kick option which is used very well in Pro evo soccer,

While holding down the kick button simply hold the sprint button with it and it will cancel the kick to allow you to do dummy kicks and then run.

[/quote]

NPK

Bench
I'd like a replay for offsides - so that you can see who was offside etc.

Or is offside in this game random?

umosay

Juniors
- Replay tool in menu
- All players need to run onto the ball more, especially when passing along the backling, it seems you gain ground and then lose it because the players are always lagging behind.
- more cut scenes, especially before and after games... before game: shows players running out of tunnel, away team first... then the team lineups can come up as an overlay with starting team, interchange and coach... and after the game it can have players shaking hands
- fix bugs where player stands still and runs on spot
- Make the AI kicking game more realistic, they aim to kick it out at least 70% of the time, in real games its more like 10%, they need to kick long when in their own half and keep the ball in play, scrums stop the flow of the game and can potentionally ruin it because of the ease in which you can score.
- add a secondary commentator, (sterlo would be great)
- analyzing of moves
- a quick interchange option maybe at the top of screens that is shown as a bar
- camera angles that show off the graphics, all of them are too far away to see close ups... also a tv style presentation where the camera zooms in and is locked in centre field.
- make props look like props and not wingers... shane webcke is suprisingly small in this game, need a better physique for bigger blokes.
- ability to turn options on and off, including offsides, head highs etc... and make head highs more the players fault, if they choose to do a big hit or deliberate penalty, its unfair when a AI player on your team gives away a penalty.
- video ref and more heldup, scoring animations
- ...sometimes when there is a turnover, and it goes up close to the ref, players continue to tackle the guy with the ball... good ways to start fights *hint hint*
- online play is a must
- jump feature is a must, would add a new dimension to the game
- offside warning, cursor around player flashes
- manual feeding to scrums and set plays from base
- bartercard cup would be cool, as with reserve grade
- training mode, simulation of coaching and managing
- classic mode, with not only classic games but the ability to be all the classic teams in friendly etc
- big tv in stadiums could show action?
- Less graphical clipping, makes the game feel 2D sometimes
- Player taunting and communication, eg for an inside pass "inside,inside!" lol
- Judicary and report system
- Stats after game... show different pages of stats instead of just he score rundown, eg each players stat, main stats page with possession territory etc... graphs
- more convential copybook animations
- shirt grabbing lol
- kickoff bugs :/

Well that's all i can think of off the top of my head, i know its heaps but i've been building them up over the last week or so... the game is still awesome and very well done!

Latest posts