What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestions Thread for Next Year's Version

Ronaldo77

Juniors
OK, this is my first post. This looks like a great forum and I thought Id get my ideas down, regardless of whether they have been posted before.

Video Referee - adds realism, and Ive had a few controversial decisions that would require a video ref.

All SL Stadiums - I was disappointed that only 5 of the SL stadiums were included, and 1, Wilderspool, is old. So Id like to see the rest added - Odsal, The Jungle, Griffin Park, Headingley, The Willows, Knowsley Road, Halton Stadium and HJ Stadium.

Franchise Mode (ive seen the threads) - have injuries and suspensions that carry through matches ie. player gets sent off, they miss 3 matches. Have the salary cap and be able to make transfers. Go continually over 10 seasons, and record player appearances and tries scored etc. so after 10 seasons you have some players with like Played 250 Tries 100 for example.

A dive button - I am frustrated on grubber kicks that I cant dive to reach the ball if I cant get to it. This could also act as a jump button for when the ball is in the air.

Improve pick up - it annoys me when the ball is spilt, and you run over it and the player doesnt pick it up. Its like the computer sets it up so only one particular player can pick up the ball, and only he can get to it.

Another Franchise Mode one - when playing SL, have Challenge Cup matches at times, and in NRL have the SoO in the middle of the season. Obivously for a Challeneg Cup you will need to add a few NL1 sides, id be happy to help provide stats for them, I have created a number of sides on the current game.

Pitch markings - why dont the SL stadiums have the 10,20,30etc. markings on the pitch in competition mode? The NRL ones do.

Im sure ive got more, Ill try to post if I remember them!

Red Bear

Referee
Have some classic matches as well as unlockable teams like North Sydney in the 90's, Newtown 81, teams no longer in the top grae.
North Sydney Oval!!!!!!!!!!
More options when creating players for sure
Also have alot more set positions eg halfback first reciever in the last cuple of ackles, 5/8 one out from him etc. But bring the fullback ino the line alt more in attack, he is wasted behind the player all the time.
Pay more atention to where the fan sit eg have the burrow in their bay at when Souths are pllaying, have that bay all red n green, dragons army on the norhern side of he hill at Win etc.

gil10

Juniors
Please Mario add the ability of controlling every team in Season Mode.

I currently had to resort to pencil & pad to complete one of my Custom seasons using friendly mode.

ARL '96 had that option, and that was a game made 8 years ago.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Advantage rule

Injuries that last longer than a game....maybe season ending? career ending even!

Have it so you can release players mid season ala Vince Mellars, Ali Lautititi, Henry Faafili and Justin Murphy etc

Mascots

Have Sterlo say a word or so when a try gets scored

Have it like when SOO comes around you can choose to coach it whether your team is succesful AND you loose your players for those rounds

Judicary

Video Ref

blood bin

shot of benches

When teams walk out, have them show whos on the interchange as well.

CPU teams use interchange

CPU teams take a shot at goal when penalites happen

CPU also re-shuffles thier pack due to form, injuries and suspensions

CPU teams reshuffles through just form as well

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
CPU teams go for field goals earlier in the match.

That really cost Leeds against me a few weeks ago.

Marduk

Juniors
I'm not sure if it has been mentioned.

Retro Jerseys!

And having the choice like in the NBA Live series to select which strip to wear. Maybe have 3 to choose from. Eg... Home, Away or Retro.

NZtiger

Juniors
I may have mentioned this a while back (infact i know I did!) but I just wanna say it again coz I was playing a game of SJRL just before and there was a few times when a 'hold' button would have come in SO handy! And it would add such more realism to the game too!

When the defending player makes a tackle, and the ref yells "HELD!" you should be able to take your finger off the tackle button to let the player go, or hold the 'tackle' button down to slow down the play-the-ball a wee bit....and timing should be very crucial...because, depending on referees different AI tolerance, you can get away with or not. The attacking player too can come into play, and tap the 'sprint' button to quicken the play-the-ball and maybe, milk a penalty (convince the referee).
If it happens too many times, the ref could have a quick word to the captain and penalised player and cut away to the classic ref talkin to player's mic shot..."talk to your players mate! There is TOO much slowing down of the play the ball! Next time, someone will go to the bin!") In such an IMPORTANT game, the defending player wouldn't DARE try it again, therefor giving the attacking player a heads-up in quicker play-the-balls!

All in all, this hold down option can come into play at how fast the game is played in general (factors = different ref's tolerance rates, team skills, occasions eg. SOO/Grand Finals) and could make it a real SKILL for an advanced gamer to master different 'holding' speeds! It would also be handy to use when a line-break occurs and you are trying to re-gather your defensive line....of course, holding down extra long after a line-break could occur in a send-off or penalty try!

Yeah? :D

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Wouldnt mind the ref talkin to captains.

Fix it so when you score 3 tries with a person, have them say hatrick instead of double.........etc.

In franchise have like a Big League section, Rugby League Week or log on to NRL.com.au to see the recent happenings to show re-signs, resigns, new signings, if a player gets released show it there, recent injuries, when a player returns from injury and so on. basically the things youd find on nrl.com.au

wouldnt mind a wrap up show, maybe chief, fatty, sterlo, matty, reggie and mario could show scores, have the screen like the score summary and flick through games, then show the try of the week and the hit of the week and any highlights would be awesome!.

have it like, so on computer you can make your own playlist of mp3's or whatever to have as menu and pause-game menu music, much like the style of gta3 when you can control the mp3 station.

Rolling subs, you dont have to wait till the ball goes out or whatever.

wouldnt mind a confidence meter, have it like any other stats and the rookies come in at a lower level and slowly progress up. If a players on bad form, the confidence stat would go down and having it more likely that he'd drop the ball or make a mistake. Also have it so if you sit a guy out, the confidence would go up as he'd be more hungry for the ball.

Have like a workhorse stat, with the likes of Price, Hindmarsh, Nutley etc kinda players getting it, the players who put in over 110% in everything an lead tackle count an all.

Definately the hold down button on defence would be great!!

Action replays and ability to change the view of it.

Definately have it so you can change position on-feild, for eg if you have Betham on as hooker, Koopu on as Lock and you want to put on Latu as hooker you could change Koopu and Latu and then change Latu and Betham round so you have Betham as lock, Latu as Hooker and Koopu on the bench instead of having to interchange Betham with Latu then Koopu with Betham.

Fixed commentary - i was the playing the other day an used my interchange for the first time, and it said " its back to the benches for Wiki" but it wouldnt be back to te benches as its my first change.

Fix the stats with completed sets and hit-ups is a must.

If your playing a 10 min half game, the forwards could need interchanging every 3 or 4 mins as they get tired - optional though.

simostorm

Bench
Not sure whether this has been said cos I havnt read all 23 million posts in this thread, but in the next version it MUST have players bios, weight, height
and usual positions.

P.J.

Juniors
I haven't read the 9 pages previous, but my suggestion is that the team song for the NRL club plays when they score.

Like for Souths, then Glory Glory starts to play in the background. With the Sharks, they play "Let Me Entertain You" at the moment, or Up Up Cronulla.

That'd be a sensational addition.

The position part would be a nice addition - i don't know about a biography for every player, but to add the players usuall playing positions in his stats would be nice, expeiclally for when your playing the ESL and who encounter a player you've never heard of and stick him on thw wing even though he's a prop :?

AND FIX THE HIT-UP STAT! :mrgreen:

(it would also be nice to review more stats at half and full time in friendly games)