What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Summary?

bottle

Coach
Went to the game Friday night, I didn't know what all the fuss was about. Just sat down again this afternoon and watch it again, now I do. Just because those nine whingers say we are negative we think we are up the crapper. Ray Warren at the end of the game says of kicking dead "you can handle that tactic once or twice but this seems incessant. I don't know how many times they are used it".

Three times actually Ray, the rest stayed in field.

Phil Gould going on about how the Knights have showed courage because not much went their way tonight. Oh give me a break, we had two tries disallowed as well, the Dean Young non-strip, Beau Scott called for not marking up when clearly the Knights player walked off the mark, the countless high tackles on Flo.

It was a high quality second half IMO. If you want to see lots of points scored watch Toyota Cup, or even better AFL.

BTW, Jamie ran at the line plenty in that game and came up just short when Chris Housten made a try saving tackle.

As for Ben Hornby, you need to be committed if you think he needs to be dropped.

Good post. Some facts at last instead of hyperbole and pointless criticisms.
Yes Soward ran at the line a few times. The thing is it's a waste of time trying to rationalise with haters, their mind is already made up. That's why I don't bother trying, it's more fun just taking the piss out of them.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Went to the game Friday night, I didn't know what all the fuss was about. Just sat down again this afternoon and watch it again, now I do. Just because those nine whingers say we are negative we think we are up the crapper. Ray Warren at the end of the game says of kicking dead "you can handle that tactic once or twice but this seems incessant. I don't know how many times they are used it".

Three times actually Ray, the rest stayed in field.

Phil Gould going on about how the Knights have showed courage because not much went their way tonight. Oh give me a break, we had two tries disallowed as well, the Dean Young non-strip, Beau Scott called for not marking up when clearly the Knights player walked off the mark, the countless high tackles on Flo.

It was a high quality second half IMO. If you want to see lots of points scored watch Toyota Cup, or even better AFL.

BTW, Jamie ran at the line plenty in that game and came up just short when Chris Housten made a try saving tackle.

As for Ben Hornby, you need to be committed if you think he needs to be dropped.
Yep, and been saying the same myself Kiama. Your post summarises the 'summary' better than anyone.

If Nine was giving us wraps all night, and talking up our halves, they'd be influencing people's opinions in that direction. But they rubbish our halves, and talk up the Knights all night - it was one of the most bias commentaries I've heard in a long time. And 'lo and behold! We get the gimps, trolls and their sock puppets coming out of the woodwork.

Not sure why people allow the media to do their thinking for them, but it does seem to happen a lot.

I have just been through this thread from the start. It was you trolls who again and again brought up Hornby.

Hornby? Oh yeah him. You mean that halfback /club legend/ captain/ all round good bloke who plays for the Dragons? What? You want him sacked?
Now that' is huge news!! And I bet you want to replace him with K Stanley! He's played well at 5/8 in the juniors and his one game there in first grade, you know. Just thought I'd mention it in case you weren't aware of it.

Cheers / Auf wiedersehen comrade

Reyter

Juniors
Hornby? Oh yeah him. You mean that halfback /club legend/ captain/ all round good bloke who plays for the Dragons? What? You want him sacked?
Now that' is huge news!! And I bet you want to replace him with K Stanley! He's played well at 5/8 in the juniors and his one game there in first grade, you know. Just thought I'd mention it in case you weren't aware of it.

Cheers / Auf wiedersehen comrade

You mean "Genossen" you moron!

I'm sure Hornby is the "best bloke" in the whole world and in the netherworld. I just wish he was a good halfback.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Hornby is most likely in his final season. He has given us a lot, and is set to break Norm Provan's record for most games.

I reckon that type of of loyalty deserves something, and a little bit of loyalty should be returned.

This year could be Hormby's final run in the Red V. He won't cost us a premiership, but dropping him could cost us a lot more.

Try to show some class Reicher.

big pat

Coach
Yep, and been saying the same myself Kiama. Your post summarises the 'summary' better than anyone.

If Nine was giving us wraps all night, and talking up our halves, they'd be influencing people's opinions in that direction. But they rubbish our halves, and talk up the Knights all night - it was one of the most bias commentaries I've heard in a long time. And 'lo and behold! We get the gimps, trolls and their sock puppets coming out of the woodwork.

Not sure why people allow the media to do their thinking for them, but it does seem to happen a lot.

they allow the media to their thinking, because idiots take too long to think for themselves.

64 Dragon

Coach

It sounds like the commentators are talking through their wallets. They must have had their money on the Knights!

Reyter

Juniors
Hornby is most likely in his final season. He has given us a lot, and is set to break Norm Provan's record for most games.

I reckon that type of of loyalty deserves something, and a little bit of loyalty should be returned.

This year could be Hormby's final run in the Red V. He won't cost us a premiership, but dropping him could cost us a lot more.

Try to show some class Reicher.

Thanks for your opinion. My opinion is that he will cost us at least several games and also go some way to screwing up next season. I know he has been very loyal and I'm sure he is a "top bloke" and etc etc but as I have previously stated, there are 2 ways to look at this.

After seeing how poor the attack has been so far this season (look at the "points for" on the ladder) despite a blowout score line against the Tigers, I believe my opinion is correct. If these trolls (don't know if you are one of them. I don't pay too much attention to them) keep asking me about and keep attacking my opinion, I will keep defending it.

Minh

First Grade
In summary talking footy not nonsense I'm pretty happy with the 4 from 7 start to the season, if this is really bad I can't wait till it all gels and we click. Hornby and Soward are doing a good job and like mentioned before it is only a media beat up that Soward has been playing poorly. Soward vs Carney vs Mullen sells papers all hyperbole.

When we get Cooper back and with King and Chase Stanley available for selection, I think we have a very promising season ahead. In my opinion we are slightly above par even right now, we've had a pretty damn tough draw so far. I'm confident we can make it deep into the top 8 and from there anything is a possibility. Go The Mighty Dragons!!!!:cool:

TheRev

First Grade
it is only a media beat up that Soward has been playing poorly.

Up until 2 weeks ago, Soward was going great guns, not so much in those awsome length of the field line breaks which we love, but in Maturity, Kicking, Goal-Kicking etc.. just looked the goods in early 2012.

But as has happened before, the media/origin pressure really gets to him around this time, and he is trying too hard, hes running because everyone tells him to run and its just ending in a nothing play (but I dont think anyone minds him trying), and his attacking kicking has been off.. so yes he really did play pretty ordinary these last 2 weeks, but he will get over it.. I just cant wait for the Origin team to be announced so he can focus back on his club footy.

Minh

First Grade
He'll bounce back, he's a good'un young Jamie a couple of bad games won't break him. The media will always hound him I guess being a high profile player these days.

64 Dragon

Coach
Thanks for your opinion. My opinion is that he will cost us at least several games and also go some way to screwing up next season. I know he has been very loyal and I'm sure he is a "top bloke" and etc etc but as I have previously stated, there are 2 ways to look at this.

After seeing how poor the attack has been so far this season (look at the "points for" on the ladder) despite a blowout score line against the Tigers, I believe my opinion is correct. If these trolls (don't know if you are one of them. I don't pay too much attention to them) keep asking me about and keep attacking my opinion, I will keep defending it.

No-one really wants to hear your opinion! The comments you are making about Ben Hornby are way out of line. How is he going to screw up next season? Lets get this one over before you get stuck into bagging next season. Put it to bed. This has gone on too long. Go on over to someone elses' forum and bag their players. Real Dragon fans don't say the things you have said about Hornby. We can think it but keep it to ourselves.

Reyter

Juniors
Real Dragon fans don't say the things you have said about Hornby. We can think it but keep it to ourselves.

What?! WTF have I said about Hornby? That he and Soward both lack the ability to take the ball to the line and pass, keeping the opposition defence undecided as to whether to tackle the man with the ball or look to try and tackle support players? This is a fact and telling it how it is, not an insult to Hornby who as I previously stated is surely the No.1 "top bloke" in all the world and in the netherworld.

Godz Illa

Coach
Haven't checked this thread in quite a while, and it looks like Reyter has turned up the wankery to 11.

We are early in a long season.
The key at this stage of the season is simply to win games and remain in a competitive position on the ladder.
Defence is the baseline of that.
The team must grow and build into the season, ideally peaking at around finals time.
Blowing teams off the park with blistering attack in March and April is usually counter-productive.

Stagger Lee

Bench
The team must grow and build into the season, ideally peaking at around finals time.
Blowing teams off the park with blistering attack in March and April is usually counter-productive.

Agreed 100%

Given the new attacking plays and tweaks to the defencive line from the past few years AND given the fact that we have a new coach we are really not in that bad a position.

Anybody that has been around the game for a long time would know that. How we are playing around finals time is the key indicator. Hornby is doing all right and it would be stupid in the extreme to even think about dropping him.

But then again I have only been watching Rugby League for over 45 years so what do I know .... :sarcasm:

Last edited:

big pat

Coach
Agreed 100%

Given the new attacking plays and tweaks to the defencive line from the past few years AND given the fact that we have a new coach we are really not in that bad a position.

Anybody that has been around the game for a long time would know that. How we are playing around finals time is the key indicator. Hornby is doing all right and it would be stupid in the extreme to even think about dropping him.

But then again I have only been watching Rugby League for over 45 years so what do I know .... :sarcasm:

mate id back you to know more than these other 2 clowns, i'm drained already from reading their shit, and its not even friday.

Haven't checked this thread in quite a while, and it looks like Reyter has turned up the wankery to 11.

We are early in a long season.
The key at this stage of the season is simply to win games and remain in a competitive position on the ladder.
Defence is the baseline of that.

:clap: