What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sunday Roast give it to yawnion!!

TinghaInMotion

Juniors
Funny how Fitz was missing from the Back Page tonight after the weekend of the Festival of Rugby. lol

Paul Kent didn't miss though about the RU games and its self-proclaimed status as a "world game"

Nugby

Juniors
A lot of good points there guys. I would, however, like to point out that Australia 74 - 7 is not a cricket score though ;-)

iggy plop

First Grade
Nugby said:
A lot of good points there guys. I would, however, like to point out that Australia 74 - 7 is not a cricket score though ;-)

Yes it is. I'd be quite happy to watch a team score 74 runs in 80 minutes of play. How many fours did Wendell hit? :lol:

Nugby

Juniors
Ha ha, how many'd he drop? I was refering more to the fact that we don't really ever concede 7 wickets by the time we've scored only 74 runs

Kurt Angle

First Grade
legend said:
IMHO, the other codes fear league more than any other sport as it has the potential to dominate in Australia and take it's rightful place as our national winter sport.

Despite his frothing at the mouth at anything Rugby League, John O'Neill admitted as much.

Before he joined the soccer mob he is on record as saying that RL, and not soccer was the sleeping giant of Australian sport.

Nugby said:
Ha ha, how many'd he drop? I was refering more to the fact that we don't really ever concede 7 wickets by the time we've scored only 74 runs

Well, we did last night. lol

Australia all out for 79.

It was close for a while.

Nugby

Juniors
Ha ha, bad time to post it, eh, bloody 20twenty, give me a good Test any day... um, week!

Brutus

Referee
A good bangladesh test.
Just like a Wallaby test against Samoa or an All Black test against a fellow top ten union country.

TeamSatan

Juniors
M G was spot on
its about time we gave some stick to union on tv (you just CANT take whalan out of the boy)

Personally whenever i come up against rahrahs socially I just tell them that i am a league man and that their chosen handicap does not bother me.

Never be afraid to speak out over our code Just dont be a tool when you do it

iggy plop

First Grade
Like AFL poofs in melbourne that shamlessly bag our code.

We can give the same stick right back at em.

When I meet someone who professes to be a fan of Rugby Union I sit them down and explain that for Rugby Union to become as popular as Rugby League in this country there is a simple way to do it:

Ban males from playing it and ensure that only females with a cup size D and over play. The attire would have to be NRL cheerleader standard attire.

That would make the lineouts at least interesting and the rucks and mauls would look like a Jenna Jameson flick.

Hell, I promise if they do that, I'll watch it.

Misty Bee

First Grade
So in other words, Everlastin', you want all Union players to look like Matt Dunning in an AFL strip?

Fair dinkum, Yawnion fans are pathetic. On origin eve, how can ANY Yawnion fan dare suggest that their code has anything to counter us by? 25000 Lions fans in New Zealand? Notwithstanding the fat Poms can't even pick an animal from their own country, the only other notable fact from that the population of the Shaky Isles has doubled, and looks more like a boozer and darts comp with warm beer somewhere in Surrey than the neighbour we in Oz remember only when the Warriors play.

I wonder if there is still room for the sheep?

Can any of you comprehend the fact that people can enjoy BOTH codes? I love league and prefer it just slightly above union but I enjoy and appreciate both, for different reasons.

Tighthead

Can any of you comprehend the fact that people can enjoy BOTH codes? I love league and prefer it just slightly above union but I enjoy and appreciate both, for different reasons.

LAH LAH LAH LAH I CAN'T HEAR YOU LAH LAH LAH LAH.

Brutus

Referee
Wristy McSlashalot said:

I'm not like you.

I hate rugby union and I'm proud of the fact.

Brutus

Referee
Tighthead said:
LAH LAH LAH LAH I CAN'T HEAR YOU LAH LAH LAH LAH.

Tighthead is a rah rah fan who spends most of his time on this forum defending his pathetic code of football. He never talks rugby league. Sad but true.

if rugby union isn't a world game then neither is cricket. Paul Kent was right when saying only 5 teams (SA, Australia, england, NZ and France) have a chance at winning the world cup but I'd say that's more then have a chance at winning the cricket world cup.

eelandia

Juniors
The comments I receive from unionists when bagging league is a) it is stop / start, and b) it's only for the working class.

When supporters need to draw the old class lines over a sport, then you know they are struggling for any meaningful and intelligent comment. I'm sure many 'fringe' unionists are suffering from a major dose of cultural cringe (they prob voted for Aust to remain a monarchy too..!!). Actually watching a game and judging it by its merits don't even come into it.

Latest posts