What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sunday Roast

undertaker

Coach
I just hope Ray has to pay him $50000, it will absolutely kill him...

And you wont hear crap about it on 2gb

I think you left off a 2 infront of the 5. Given that $315000 (in 2012) is the most you can claim in damages on the grounds of defamation, $250000 would definitely shut Hadley up and bring his ever-growing ego down to earth...

...and in typical Hadley style, he would immediately cut off any caller who tried to mention it, just like he does with ppl on the CCT who want to talk RL.

Last edited:

undertaker

Coach
Voss has been offered a multi year deal @ 9 provided he is prepared to settle with Hadley rather than go through what could possibly be an explosive legal battle.

Voss obviously feels strongly about what he had to deal with and is holding his ground.

I don't know where you got that info from, but assuming it's true:

Using a poker analogy (quite appropriate you call yourself "The Gambler":lol:), it appears as though Vossy isn't falling for "The Bluff" about a multi-year deal with 9...yeah, more like a multi-year deal calling RL......for the QLD CUP and still playing third fiddle behind Rabs and Hadley.

However, as I have said in another post, I do hope Voss has properly thought this through about the potential side-effects of his decision (even if he feels justified in pursuing legal action, which I'm not saying he isn't) and accepts responsibility that there is a potential that he will have burnt all bridges and end up in RL media oblivion like what happened with Garry Shandling in the U.S. It will be made 100x worse if he loses the case, ends up jobless and hit with a massive legal bill from Hadley (as well as the potential of being counter-sued) that could make him bankrupt. As I said, even when he was calling NRL matches, he annual salary would've only been a small fraction of Hadley's.

Last edited:

undertaker

Coach
the first time I've tuned into the Roast for many months....:lol: at Tim Tam Gilbert cutting off TK when TK started to talk about something Tim Tam disagree with. It's clear that Tim Tam has no respect for TK but lets Freddy and Mad Dog speak more because they are ex-players and furthermore, tries to kiss up to them. Vossy was clearly the right host for this type of show, as he at least did the simple fundamentals such as ALLOWING THE PANELLISTS TO TALK and allowing for some improvisation. With Tim Tam as host, they just jump from one topic to another (according to what he likes) and each panellist only has about two sentences maximum to express their point.

Fair dinkum, this show really has gone from hero to zero within the space of 12 months. What an absolute disgrace that Vossy got kicked off his own programme and got replaced not only by Hadley in the commentary box, but more importantly by Tim Tam on his own show. Tim Tam is your typical Ch9 lackey: has absolutely no interpersonal/people skills at all and has no idea how to host/moderate a discussion/forum. I just love how he tries to stamp his imprimatur on the show and act like he's some big shot, but clearly suffers from Napoleon complex (a.k.a small man's mentality). And no Tim Tam, just because you get the last word in it doesn't mean you're unequivocally right

Last edited:
the first time I've tuned into the Roast for many months....:lol: at Tim Tam Gilbert cutting off TK when TK started to talk about something Tim Tam disagree with. It's clear that Tim Tam has no respect for TK but lets Freddy and Mad Dog speak more because they are ex-players and furthermore, tries to kiss up to them.

Fair dinkum, this show really has gone from hero to zero within the space of 12 months. What an absolute disgrace that Vossy got kicked off his own programme and got replaced not only by Hadley in the commentary box, but more importantly by Tim Tam on his own show. Tim Tam has absolutely no interpersonal/people skills at all and has no idea how to host/moderate a discussion/forum. I just love how he tries to stamp his imprimatur on the show and act like he's some big shot, but clearly suffers from Napoleon complex (a.k.a small man's mentality). And no Tim Tam, just because you get the last word in it doesn't mean you're unequivocally right

Haha I just made a thread on this 2 mins before u posted.

undertaker

Coach
Haha I just made a thread on this 2 mins before u posted.

Given that this is the first time I've tuned into the Roast since early in the season when I knew it was clearly a shadow of it's former self, would it be fair to say in your opinion that I haven't missed out on much since March/April.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Beat me to it. Gilbert went on a massive speil about how the refs treated thurston and no-one else agreed with him. Basically shot him down and made him look amateurish.

This show is rubbish with Gilbert the clown behind the reigns. Nein should either bring back Voss or cancel the show.

undertaker

Coach
Also, where the hell did Ch9 pluck people like Tim Tam from? Bond University?:lol:

Or should I say an Open University (which is what Bond University is, but the difference with Bond is that you just need craploads of money to get in like most U.S. institutions) where the cut-off/qualifying marks are so low that pretty much anyone can get their Mickey Mouse degree from there? Even a guy I know who's HSC marks were atrocious got into an Open University.

undertaker

Coach
The mix of Voss, Gus, MG with Freddy and Matt Johns worked well - the discussions were well argued and the show moved along well. Damn shame Voss is on the outer - IMHO he is unparalleled in anchoring a show like that.

Agree with your post, and Voss/Gus/MG/Matty was the best panel the show ever had.

undertaker

Coach
9 are trolling since they're going to lose the rights.

A shame you weren't correct about this prediction
I reckon the year Vossy sat on the Thursday night Footy Show panel was the beginning of his downfall. I actually enjoyed him on TFS, but he copped so much negativity from people on forums such as these and from the usual agenda-driven set in the media.

The current Sunday Footy Show panel/Sunday Roast is a utter bore, disgrace call it what you like. The people at Nein coming up with all these horrible ideas deserved to be punted immediately.

The rights need to be split up more than ever and if 9 were told to piss off completely then I'd be happy.

Agree about 2009. It all started on that very first episode Voss was permanent pannelist on TFS and he lambasted Russell Crowe. From that moment onwards, he copped a lot of criticism in the media and on this forum. If you wanna talk about having an acid flashback, have a look at some of the comments regarding this incident from members of this forum in this thread:

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?p=5458323

Last edited:

undertaker

Coach
I also find it interesting that besides Mark Geyer (who is now on Fox Sports), none of the other Ch9 personnel have spoken publicly about Vossy since he got demoted.

Do you think they (e.g. Fatty, Sterlo, Gus etc.) know what has been going on behind the scenes at Ch9, or do you think they've tried to distance themselves from him since Hadley came on board (or distance themselves from the Voss/Hadley feud)? How do you think they must feel on the rare occasion this year that they'd have to commentate alongside Voss, after doing it regularly over the previous few years?

undertaker

Coach
Tim "timtam" Gilbert was better as light relief not the host

:lol:You....have...got...to...be...joking. I guarantee you that with the training that Tim Tam has had over the years, the majority of people on this forum could do a much better job, even as a fill-in host.

Did anyone notice how Gilbert was trying to make him cry at the end ?

Geez thats low, he said he gets emotional about his father so they kept the camera on him for an extra 5 seconds to see if he would shed some tears.

I agree. That is very low. That's what I hate all those tv shows like Dr Phil where they claim they are helping people but instead exploit peoples' emotional pain for ratings, especially with all the camera techniques and dramatisation such as the slow zoom-in on the face etc.

Sure, we know that Geyer moved to Foxtel, but i thought it still could've gone on with him and add another person in his role. And from reading the posts here, i was just a handful of people who actually liked Terry Kennedy.

Silly decision, Channel nine for this axing of the show!!!

Eddie McGuire is contract with Ch9 and he calls AFL games for Foxtel. Surely Geyer could've negotiated a similar cross-station deal

The Roast was the only good 9 RL show. If they carry on with the current presenters it will be dead before the end of the year. It used to be lighthearted but also informative at times. This weekend's offering was neither.

The show somehow survived, but that's not saying much since it rapidly declined from the first show this year

I don't wanna sound sexist here, but f**k it. Women that don't know much about Rugby League shouldn't be on there talking about it like they are experts. It's painful viewing.

Get her off!

No, I don't think you are sexist. I agree with you. It's because of political correctness (via feminism) that this situation has eventuated where we pick women not because they can do the job, but simply because they are a woman. This is the situation in most workplaces today and after all the off-field incidents involving players, I think the NRL/Ch9 have felt the pressure from the media to have women in prominent positions and to have initiatives such as the "women in league" round

Boys, you miss the whole point of the Roast. To be on the Roast you don't necessarily have to know what you are talking about, eg; Mark Geyer. May be I'd be good on it then. Why is the blonde from Nine on the show? Cause her husband runs channel 9. Channel 9 is one big mates club and they all live on the Northern Beaches. If you fall out with them it can be very nasty for you.

:clap::clap::clap:Take a bow drago brelli. Very well said. The only thing of disputation is that they all don't live on the Northern Beaches though. You're not telling me that you recently saw Tim Tam Gilbert step outside of an opulent house on the Northern Beaches, are you?:lol: The guy couldn't even afford a crapshack in Dumnuts, Idaho

David Gyngell is just laughing at RL fans by putting his wife on the Roast.

I like Leila, but a football expert she's not.

I don't like Leila. She may be attractive compared to most blondes but from the moment I saw her interview Corey "The Party Boy" Worthington, she immediately reminded me of my high school year advisor (who also looks similar to Leila, but not as attractive) who was one major suck-up and would manipulate and step on as many faces as possible to get to the top. Like a lot of the personalities who work at Ch9 and have got to where they are not because of talent nor hard work, the statement which is applicable to them: "It's know what you know; it's who you know"

Tim Gilbert just annoys me more and more each week.

Keeps giving his opinion and then goes "ok ok we're moving on", before anyone can argue against it. Effectively has to have the last word on everything.

And no Tim Tam, just because you get the last word in it doesn't mean you're unequivocally right

Last edited:

undertaker

Coach
Interesting in the interview on this link how Vossy said that, in response to why he wasn't on the Sunday Roast, he said "the producer said no MG, no Gus....no show". That obviously isn't true as the show is still running and Tim Tam is host.

Something doesn't add up here

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Just while Geyers name is being thrown around, why are Fox no longer using him at all as a panelist on anything ?? Seemed about midway through the year he disappeared off our screens on NRL on Fox

aads

Juniors
Agree with your post, and Voss/Gus/MG/Matty was the best panel the show ever had.

Yes it was the best mix. I actually liked TK in that as well as he had a point of difference - even if it is very different - it at least got the issue flushed out

Sterlo would do it better right now i agree

The whole thing aboout the roast was that it could over run - and sometimes break schedule - they would run with it

The roast now is time restrained point driven and opinionated Gilbert does not ask open questions and YES let his guests talk

The funniest part of the roast all year was watching this pass from joey nearly take Gilbert's head off
ScreenShot002.jpg

Ads