What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sunday Roast

undertaker

Coach
The Sunday Footy Show needs to either be a separate 1 hr show followed by 1 hr of the Roast or scrapped altogether. This "show within a show" concept cleary isn't working.

ceagle

Bench
The Sunday Footy Show needs to either be a separate 1 hr show followed by 1 hr of the Roast or scrapped altogether. This "show within a show" concept cleary isn't working.
They need to go deeper.

How about a show within a show within a show?

undertaker

Coach
This used to be the best show on TV you couldn't f**k it up more if you tried to. I would kill for the days of Matt Johns, MG, Gus and Vossy. Even last year with TK replaceing Matt.

Like last year, I wouldn't mind TK there on the panel IF MG, Gus and Vossy were brought back. For all the crap he copped on this forum last year, it was A MILE above what the show has dished out this year.

But I agree: up until Johns was exiled in 2009, Johns/MG/Gus/Vossy was the best panel in the history of the Roast. The best combination of league personalities. The cohesion amongst those panelists was a mile above the current panel today. It will never be that way again after Johns and MG have gone to Fox since then and Gus is now the duke of Penrith

Last edited:

Walt Flanigan

Referee
They need to go deeper.

How about a show within a show within a show?

inception-derp-9Z2TrK.jpg

undertaker

Coach
Gus too busy with Penrith (hopefully they can get him in some weeks)

The only good thing about this is that at least Gus will not be spending too much time in the commentary box instigating the "two old folks in the nursing home" routine with Rabs

BunniesMan

Immortal
Never would have picked it but Fletcher has serious potential as a panelist. Quite funny and intelligent.

Brutus

Referee
Farkin TK is back

Pathetic Channel 9

I'm no TK fan, but he beats the crap out Andrew Webster. Give me TK anyday over that union clown.

In fact, TK was the best of a bad bunch today and I didn't mind the likes of MG, Voss and Gus giving it to him last year. It made for good TV.

Channel 9 continues to prove why it's a network on the decline.

Last edited:

ceagle

Bench
I'm no TK fan, but he beats the crap out Andrew Webster. give me TK anyday over that union clown.

In fact, TK was the best of a bad bunch today.

It shows you how low the show has sunk.
Yep, was far the worse out of Gus, MG and Voss.

Now sadly he seems to be the only one who knows how the show works.

Stagger Lee

Bench
The only show on ch9 worth watching and they f-k it up.

I used to enjoy TK but getting him shut down by Gilbert was sad to see.

Eric Galt

Juniors
Was a great show last year, hardly worth watching now. TK is the best one on the show. Also a shame the League Lounge has gone west, along with the 2011 version of the Roast these were the 2 shows I always recorded and watched during the week.:crazy:

Mr Saab

Referee
You know you are stuggling when Teeeeeeekaaaaaay gets the better of you! Tim Gilbert you are a nuffy.

M2D2

Bench
watching it now, as i was sick and in bed.
Watching TK be right. GOD WHAT THE f**k HAS HAPPENED TO THIS SHOW.

dragon_around

Juniors
Don't know if it was obvious to anyone else, but they played ZERO footage of the weekends games.

Can you imagine the roast of last year not showing any footage from the Friday and Saturday matches?

TK mentioned the high tackles from the dragons tigers game, nobody else touched it.

They did show footage of Ian fkn Thorpe though. Disgraceful that the roast has turned into a sideshow segment.

What made it worse though was to pad out some "unused time" that could be spent discussing the games, fitler has a player throwing a ball into a target...