What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sunday Roast

undertaker

Coach
For mine once the Olympics are over, or the NRL season is over at the latest then Voss will be gone from C.9.

I read a story in the paper today saying he is happy at nine, but I don't believe him. Come season 2013 he will be with another network.

Yeah, of course he's putting on a brave face when he's far from happy being dumped from calling the Friday night match, Sunday Roast and TFS. If he expresses his contempt now, he'll be given the arse by Nine.

Regarding the first paragraph, I'll probably say end of NRL season

Last edited:

undertaker

Coach
Sounds like Freddy, so half of em sound drunk.

Yeah, I noticed that about Paul Kent. Got some good ideas but when he talks, he really slurs his words like a person who's had a few glasses of merlot.

However, nobody in the NRL media can sound more naturally drunk than Rothfield. Far out, has anyone heard him speak before? He sounds like he goes to the pub for a big night out, 7 nights a week. Not to mention, in the words of Billy Birmingham, he's got a face like a red inflammed haemorrhoid

Last edited:

Jason Maher

Immortal
Speaking of Billy, after watching hin on the Back Page, he craps on pretty much everyone fulling a similar role for 9 and Fox's league coverage. Nein should hire him. He could cover for any of the commentators as well.

Dresden Dan

Juniors
They could do Roast without Gilbert or any other host and it wouldn't be the worse for it. Gilbert just wanted to get his own views across today even though Moore and MacDougall are the experienced experts in the game.

josh1111

Juniors
I think Gilbert is trying to be like Vossy but he can't pull it off,now that they have lost all the original members its just not the same and never will be. Crap!!!!!!!!!!!

Hench

Juniors
Big surprise, MacDrugall thinks grapples, chicken wings etc are fair play. Always was, always will be a scumbag.

His flying knee (with the ball mind you) on Julian O'Neill was disgusting.

And I agree with the sentiments of the last few pages. I used to watch it every Sunday and my fiancee would know that we couldn't go on one of her bullshit Sunday shopping outings until 1pm.

Mr Saab

Referee
Tim Gilbert is a lightweight. He is better off suited to doing fluff pieces on the Today show.

BranVan3000

Coach
I think Gilbert is genuinely stupid enough to believe what Fletcher said about Craig Wing signing for an AFL team on April fool's day

Latest posts