What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Super Bowl XLVII: The Har-Bowl

Eelectrica

Referee
Finished watching the game not long ago.
In the end the better team won and I'm certainly no Ravens fan. I understand Flacco getting MVP, but if their was such a thing as co-MVP it would have gone to Boldin.
In my mind he was the real difference between the teams.

I notice Jim Harbaugh all but accusing the refs of costing them the game. I think if the 49ers were perfect, he may have a point. But relying on refs to give you 50/50 calls generally doesn't work out so well. Especially in the big games.

I can see the 49ers being back in the SB in 2 or 3 years. Maybe even next year again. the NFC seems so wide open.

gronkathon

First Grade
Gore did himself no favours saying the Ravens got lucky and the 49ers were the better team.

For a guy whose side did nothing until a half odd hour fluky power outage to talk about getting lucky is just dumb

Hahah beave

Anyway.
I lost heaps of cash so f**king hell ravens. Ruin my day in november. Ruin my day today.
It's a damn shame the seasons over again

DC_fan

Coach
Ravens were the better team and deserved to win. If the power failure had not occurred then I suspect the score would not have been as close as it was.

Raider_69

Post Whore
agreed. The black out brought the niners back in to the game. I dont think they'd have got a sniff without it, the ravens had a 3rd and 13, having opened up a big time lead and smelling blood, they came out totally flat after the break

im glad it didnt result in us sitting here talking about whether the break changed the game result
ravens deserved to win and they did.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Jacoby Jones......Just the way he just took off and went straight and hard... was awesome.

my dad is 81, has never watched american football and was standing up cheering how good that return was.

damn near untouched.

@MarTiger

Juniors
my dad is 81, has never watched american football and was standing up cheering how good that return was.

damn near untouched.

Nice side story re: your dad. I am betting the NFL gained a whole bunch of new fans for anyone who watched that Super Bowl as their first game or were sitting on the fence about following it more.

beave

Coach
Now this is what you call responsible parenting.............

b34cc06f8b549d5b9fc6bf062f422aac.jpg

My boys first superbowl..... Well 2nd but he was too little to watch the last years one.

abpanther

Staff member
Sadness, frustration, anger, disappointment. Just a few of the emotions that I have been through in the past 24 hours and continue to feel about this missed opportunity.

I am trying to tell myself all the positive stuff that has come from the season and the reasons to be optimistic. Our team is finally relevant again and is definitely one of the elite teams in the league, we have found our QB of the future and he is only going to get better and better. We have a boatload of talent and a bunch of picks in the first 3 rounds to infuse more talent into an already loaded roster. We should be an annual threat to win the SB for the next 3-5 years. Despite all these facts, this one hurts and hurts a lot.

Firstly, congratulations to Baltimore. They were the better team on the day, they held their nerve when it counted and did enough on the big stage to win it all.

I can’t help but walk away from this game though and feel that we shot ourselves in the foot. I know plenty of 49er fans are blaming the ref for the non-PI call on 4th down, but I don’t. I look at the poor playcalling at that stage, 4 plays inside the redzone to win the game and you don’t once put the ball in the hands of Kap or Gore to punch it in? I look at all the other things we did throughout the game that cost us; too many silly penalties, blown coverage on Jones on a 3rd and 10 that led to a TD, blown special teams coverage that led to a TD, lack of pass rush, turnovers, etc. I walk away from this game feeling that we are still the better team on paper, but Baltimore showed much more poise on the big occasion and as a result they got the win. Kudos to them.

I feel this game confirmed to me that our defense has been a little overrated this year and that’s where our offseason attention needs to go to. The pass rush was anemic at best in this game and our secondary just didn’t hold up. If anything I think we’ve now reached a point where our offense is ahead of our defense. I think this could be a top 5 offense next year with the maturation of Kaepernick. We still need some more WRs though, Crabtree’s emergence has been great but there’s little else out there at the WR position.

Not much more to say really, feel like shit, this one really hurts, after all the crap we did to ourselves throughout the game we still had a chance to win it at the end but just weren’t good enough.

abpanther

Staff member
One more thing, the Alexandria Hotel was f**ken awesome. Packed out, at least 250 people there, so many NFL jerseys and the atmosphere was awesome.

Cheergirls walking around with buckets of Miller beers, good food and great people.

Ended up getting consoled by so many people, got rounded up by a group of dudes and we smoked a few joints they had in the middle of the courtyard outside, also started a 30 man arm wrestling competition. We were all so smashed!!

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Lol looks epic, hope you had a great day, know the feeling of losing one, or well two in a row now.

Last edited: