What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Super Bright and Shiny New Pic Thread

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
nice Unit

one problem though, the Beatles drum kit is set up wrong, hi hat belongs on the other side for a right handed drummer

I actually mentioned that to the tour guide.

they then tried to tell me that Ringo was ambi-dexturous despite all images/videos of him playing the drums in the museum have him playing right handed.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
but the floor tom tom is on the right so its set up for a right handed drummer

tour guide = doofus

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
either that or Ringo was the most uncoordinated drummer that ever lived.

Joker's Wild

Coach
is it ok to put a photo of my balls on here?

images

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
either that or Ringo was the most uncoordinated drummer that ever lived.

he was probably one of the worst, or most simplistic drummer I have ever seen

if he tried to play anything that Danny Carey plays he'd probably look like he was having a seizure

Martli

Coach
Ringo wasn't technically proficient, but he still provided the right feel for the Beatles and you've got to give him credit for that. It's just not something anyone can do after a couple of lessons.

He's often criticised for being a bad drummer, but the Beatles' music didn't need technical drumming, the focus of the Beatles' music is the singing and the guitars, the drums are just there to provide the beat and to sit in the background. All the Beatles needed was a drummer who could provide the right sort of atmosphere and feeling, and Ringo provided it really well - I don't think there's any denying that.

Comparing him to a metal drummer is pointless (and Joey Jordison is far from the pinnacle) because metal does require technically proficient drumming. It's apples and oranges really. He might not have been a great all round drummer, but he was a great drummer for the Beatles.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Ringo wasn't technically proficient, but he still provided the right feel for the Beatles and you've got to give him credit for that. It's just not something anyone can do after a couple of lessons.

He's often criticised for being a bad drummer, but the Beatles' music didn't need technical drumming, the focus of the Beatles' music is the singing and the guitars, the drums are just there to provide the beat and to sit in the background. All the Beatles needed was a drummer who could provide the right sort of atmosphere and feeling, and Ringo provided it really well - I don't think there's any denying that.

Comparing him to a metal drummer is pointless (and Joey Jordison is far from the pinnacle) because metal does require technically proficient drumming. It's apples and oranges really. He might not have been a great all round drummer, but he was a great drummer for the Beatles.

This.

Last edited:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Has the greatest fish and chips at the Magpie Cafe.

best in the world.

I just had fish and chips back home in Australia and I realise that us Aussies have no idea how to properly cook battered fish.