What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Super League 2009 Ins and Outs

Evil Homer

Staff member
is there a list off all ESL players off contract for 2009?
Not seen one this year, which is unusual.

Has Sculthorpe been signed up yet?
Not yet. Originally said to be going to Salford, but they have denied any interest. Chances are he will either join Wakefield for a final pay day and to play with his brother, or retire and take up a back room position at Saints.

News of Celtic too, they are announcing their squad at an official launch night so that explains the lack of transfer activity.

Evil Homer

Staff member
The anti-tampering deadline has passed today, so we should start to see some domestic movements now.

Evil Homer

Staff member
I was on about Stooper's post. You must have submitted yours while I was still posting. To be honest, I had completely missed it until just now. Sorry for the confusion.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Quins have announced a lot of departures and two new signings. Their squad looks really weak for next season. Ryan Hudson returns to Cas also.

bartman

Immortal
They're promising two more British signings this week - they'd want to be half decent ones if they are to compete next season.

bartman

Immortal
He should go OK in their pack, so long as he adjusts to the change of country etc.

letsbe avenue

Juniors
I predict the standard of rugby in SL in 2009 will be the lowest since the League was formed.
There are no characters, no pace and everyone is coached/programmed to react in exactly the same fashion. 5 drives and a kick, with "proper" tackling being an optional extra.
Sad but true

deluded pom?

Coach
Ryan Esders and Scott Wheeldon to Dull KR from York and Hull respectively. Mark Calderwood from Wigan to Hull.

Last edited: