What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Super League Crowdwatch

bartman

Immortal
70K divided by 3 is still 23,000 for each of the six games, if both days sell out - not bad, and worth their while to count it just like that.

t-ba

Post Whore
langpark said:
each total attendance should be divided by 3, so 70k divided by 3 and 70k divided by 3 if that's the attendance for each day. But knowing the RFL, they'll say all 6 games got 70k ech to them.

It's what the RFU do with their Twickenham double headers.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander and all that...

deluded pom?

Coach
What did the NRL do when they had double headers at Telstra? I really can't see Cardiff selling out on either day let alone both. I personally know very few people from Hull that are actually going.

langpark

First Grade
bartman said:
70K divided by 3 is still 23,000 for each of the six games, if both days sell out - not bad, and worth their while to count it just like that.
I agree, that will make a huge difference to the league average, but they might get greedy. I'm just basing it on what happened at the Quins double header, where i hear only about 3000 stayed for the League match, but the crowd was counted as being 12,000.

t-ba

Post Whore
deluded pom? said:
What did the NRL do when they had double headers at Telstra? I really can't see Cardiff selling out on either day let alone both. I personally know very few people from Hull that are actually going.

The attendance was counted once in the Aggregate, the attendance was kept as one figure, but for the purposes of averages, the Crowd were split in half IIRC.

BJW#84

Juniors
The target for season 2007 for both teams has got to be for the NRL to see an average of 15-16,000 with only a minority of crowds less then 10,000. The ESL has to see an average of 10-11,000 with as many crowd above 8,000 as possible.

hutch

First Grade
t-ba said:
The attendance was counted once in the Aggregate, the attendance was kept as one figure, but for the purposes of averages, the Crowd were split in half IIRC.

i thought the clubs didnt include it in their average attendance. but yes, the nrl did add the attendance to the aggregate.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Hudds, Salford and Hull KR were all close to 7,000 yesterday too. The only major let-down attendance-wise this year is Quins, who's crowds continue to stay around the 3,500 mark.

ledzep

Bench
Last night's crowds:
9,200 @ Perpignan
9,106 @ Wakey
9,409 @ St. Helens
9,483 @ Warrington
23,002 @ Hull
edit:
16,465 @ Leeds

Average: 12,778

They're some pretty good crowds aren't they?

Evil Homer

Staff member
If Leeds get anything over 9,500 tonight it will be the best round crowd-wise in Super League history (16-20k expected tonight BTW).

Catalans are doing great at the moment, there will have been very little visiting support in that 9,200 so a superb effort by them.

Round 8
Bradford v Leeds 17,706
Wigan V Saints 24,028
Salford v Wire 6,177
Hull KR v Catalans 6,701
Hudds v Wakey 6,757
Quins v Hull 3,545
Round total: 64,914
Round average: 10,819
Season Total 488,900
Season average: 10,185

Round 9
Hull v Hull KR 23,002
Catalans v Quins 9,200
Wakey v Bradford 9,106
Saints v Salford 9,409
Wire v Huddersfield 9,483
Leeds v Wigan 16,465
Round total: 76,665 (record)
Round average: 12,778 (record)
Season total: 565,565
Season average: 10,473

In-goal

Bench
Tell me again why Rugby League is on death row in the North of England and Southern France!!

Absolutely Fantastic for Rugby League world wide, the best thing about records is that they generaly always get broken.

RL moving forward.

Summer Rugby it'll never catch on.

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
Do the French have bank holidays on the same days then?

I'm finding it very difficult to find a reason for the bumper crowd at the Les Cats v Quins game, as Quins don't have more than 100 travelling hardcore and if it wasn't a special holiday in France, the game would have been played on a normal weekday?

Strange, but good news if its true. I just fear it was 920 instead of 9200!

Ari Gold

Bench
Fairleigh Good! said:
Do the French have bank holidays on the same days then?

I'm finding it very difficult to find a reason for the bumper crowd at the Les Cats v Quins game, as Quins don't have more than 100 travelling hardcore and if it wasn't a special holiday in France, the game would have been played on a normal weekday?

Strange, but good news if its true. I just fear it was 920 instead of 9200!

Have a look at the pics from the french section and you will see it was easily 9000+

langpark

First Grade
It's Easter Monday worldwide isn't it?

And les cats have great support this year, they have something like 2000 season ticket holders don't they?