What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

super league in australia

Moffo

Referee
Yes mate, at least one game a week

Games are usually from the weekend before (from memory?) haven't been able to see one for a while, they are played on friday early afternoons

Southernsaint

Staff member
I watched one at about middnight last night, Saints vs Wigan.

It's a lottery, just like coming across a Queensland Cup game.

Cheers,
Ben S.

Earl

Coach
They showed St Helens v Wigan at 12.30 yesterday arvo followed by Leeds v Bradford at 2pm. They normally show 2 games a week on the friday after they occured.

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
Southernsaint said:
I watched one at about middnight last night, Saints vs Wigan.

It's a lottery, just like coming across a Queensland Cup game.

Cheers,
Ben S.

Out of curiosity what did you make of it? (Cue a hundred posts from Aussie school children about how anything other than the NRL is lame)

Now that is funny.

He asks for opinions....then before anyone even replys he is calling them names if they dont call SL the greatest thing since sliced bread. :roll:

As for me...I think its great that there is a place that players can go and make a good living out of when they dont quite make the NRL standard.

Everyone Remember Dennis Moran? Well he was recently called "World Class" by his current SL coach. :lol:

:lol:

ESL is a pensioners League. I watch it occasionally on Fox with my son and we play "Spot the bloke who played in the NRL 5 years ago".

Everlovin' Antichrist said:
:lol:

ESL is a pensioners League. I watch it occasionally on Fox with my son and we play "Spot the bloke who played in the NRL 5 years ago".

Now thats just childish.....

Its much harder to spot the Pom! :D

coldhardbitch

Juniors
The super league is actually very entertaining.

i enjoy watching all the great action from the uk, and look more towards the great young british players going around, and seeing how they match to nrl players(i.e. mcguire, horne etc.)
i think the english game has improved amazingly since david waite came over, and they are definitely on the up.
i also enjoy how thecrowd get into it. alot more vocal than aussie crowds.

(note to lf. 'salford vs wakefield'- must see tv!- to people outside sydney, parramatta vs perith might seem a bit lame. i mean, a battle between 2 sydney suburbs, very national and exciting.)

Wakeup to yourself! :roll:

Salford and wakefield dont belong in any top level Rugby League competition.

Salford, Wakefield, Widnes, Warrington, Castleford.....whating them play is like watching a VERY bad game of Jim Beam Cup football.

Queensland Cup games are played at a higher standard.

Anyone here remember Craig Weston?

He was signed up by Widnes a number of weeks ago....he had been working on a coffe shop and he walked straight into the Widnes lineup.

Quality! :lol:

Latest posts