What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

super league in australia

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
so thats no excuse when super league is suppose too be crap

Not making excuses. I'd just like to have seen how Bradford would have performed in front of a packed Penrith FS.

And what was the score in the WCC for the 2002 comps?

coldhardbitch

Juniors
i thought you guys were rugby league fans?

league isnt just the nrl and sydney.
or is that what u want- if so, then i'll inform you that sydney means squat in the scheme of things.

if u are league fans, u should support league in all levels and in all countries. fans on here like joker, roopy, yakstorm, dmitri, mat parsons, ali, screeny, and any others i have left out are the real league fans here.
wankers like nospam49 shoud bugger off and support AFL or some other loser sport

mikdalton

Juniors
You've pretty much hit the nail on the head really. We have 5 decent/good teams and then theres a big gap, but its to be expected. RL is pretty small time in GB, mostly played in medium sized towns around big cities of the north. My team Widnes ex-WCC winners come from a town of 55000 people and our average crowd is about 13% of the population, but thats only 6700. Bear in mind Liverpool football club is around 5% of the population. We also share borders with Warrington (100,000), St Helens (120,000) and are about 15 miles from Wigan (88,000). Its popular in these places but they are just not big enough to sustain a huge array of talent or pay huge wages without a sugar daddy. Once you get past the top 5 you are left with teams of average home grown talents and below Nrl standard imports, however they do a very good job for teams like Widnes. Even the worst NRL team would compete in SL so anyone who has played NRL is basically a top 5 SL player and thats how the Super League coaches see it.

As for the WCC 97, I think its unfair to bring that up because we had had merely one year of fulltime proffessionalism. A stastic I saw the other day was that since we switched to summer the average player runs 3 miles more in a game than before SL. That will have to be having an effect on closing the gap fitness wise. I honestly think our best team will give you a run for your money in the tri-nations.

coldhardbitch said:
i thought you guys were rugby league fans?

league isnt just the nrl and sydney.
or is that what u want- if so, then i'll inform you that sydney means squat in the scheme of things.

if u are league fans, u should support league in all levels and in all countries. fans on here like joker, roopy, yakstorm, dmitri, mat parsons, ali, screeny, and any others i have left out are the real league fans here.
wankers like nospam49 shoud bugger off and support AFL or some other loser sport

Dont cry! :lol:

Someone wanted an opinion and I gave them one.

What, cant you handle that? Are you so mentally weak that you cant handle is that someone has an opinion thats different to yours.

You weak ****! :lol:

In-goal

Bench
mikdalton brilliant, maybe some of these idiots will start to realise that small RL is played in the North of England and not in posh Sydney Suburbs thats the difference.

Leeds, Hull F.C., Wigan, Bradford and St.Helens would be very good in the NRL as for the rest they would strugle like Souths.

I support the game....I just dont talk B.S. like you lot in the hope that if I say things long enough they might actually become true.

Nook

Bench
Also Gray Viane....St Helens signed him up....as a center!

If you are going to carry on like you are know everything, know everything!

Viane has played a fair bit of centre for Wests. Alot of Tigers fans wanted to see him in the centres for us this year. Young, ex-Aussie schoolboy with plenty of potential.

The top 5 clubs in England can play some great football. They would all be in the mix for anywhere between 3rd and 12th here. Anyone who says ohterwise doesn't see enough to know what they are on about. The rest are a bit of a basketcase, but they have to deal with P&R over there which doesn't help.

Nook

Bench
Dont cry!

And PS, everyone* thinks you are an idiot. You make a complete arse of yourself on the Pommy forums, and give us a bad name. You make an arse of yourself here. You're an arse. Carry on.

*+/- 1%

Nook

Bench
Oh....arent they just so cute when they are all upset!
:lol:

Upset? :lol: We enjoy having you around. It reminds us that no matter how bad things get, there are always people out there that suck more than us. A sad, uppity f**k from Penrith whores himself out all over the web and gets smashed from pillar to post by all and sundry. Thats entertainment! :clap:

You must be one of my former b*tches that I owned on one of the various sites I visit.

Ofcourse...I use the same name everywhere and I dont hide.

So youw name do you normally go by....or does your low self esteem keep you from telling me! :lol:

Can't argue that SL is at the same standard as the NRL but at least we actually:
a) Watch the game (please sit down and keep still, you can go without a beer/pie)
b) Support our team (Let's Go 'insert name', Let's Go does not constitute support)
c) Admit there is a gulf between the top and bottom clubs (one word....Souths)
d) Have the current World Club Champions playing in our league (do you realise how much it pained me to write that?)
Seriously, I just spent three weeks in Sydney, watching seven games in the process. I loved every minute of every game and saw some outstanding football. I was insanely jealous at the widespread (well, NSW) coverage RL receives, but there is real talent in SL at the moment. We have some outstanding young players coming up and, as highlighted in Big League recently, not all Aussies coming to SL are has-beens (I cite McKenna as an example, tell me several NRL clubs wouldn't take him). To dismiss the SL out of hand is to display real ignorance for mine (we get two NRL games over here a week, some incredible games, some pretty average).

Latest posts