What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Supercoach 2012.

That guy must have had Burgess captain, lucky prick!

1,055 which is impressive IMO with Aubusson & Carney stinking the place up and Reynolds getting injured. Ranked 5,000 overall for 2 rounds, not bad.

Are halves in SC worth having? It seems they can either hit extreme highs or low. I'm trying to take SC a bit more seriously this year. Also do trades roll over? If I do no trades this week do I get 4 next week or is it a flat 2 per week use 'em or lose 'em?

Walt Flanigan

Referee
You get 30 trades to use for the entire season so you don't have to use them. In fact it's better if you don't.

I'll make a fair few at the start to get my side ironed out. Then I'll try and hold off making trades until the back-end of the season.

But things happen like injuries or a hot new rookie comes into the game like Elijah Taylor last season.

You just don't want to be left high and dry with trades at the business end.

parraeels2010

Juniors
They only gave me one auto reserve which was Reynolds so my final score was 1103 with 16 players.
My overall ranking is 2808/108,000

blaza88z

Coach
what do you guys think I should do?

I got Parker and i'm going to get rid of him (for obvious reasons), I already have Smith & Burgess, I was going to get Hindy but I know he didn't play last night, is he injured?

shiznit

Coach
what do you guys think I should do?

I got Parker and i'm going to get rid of him (for obvious reasons), I already have Smith & Burgess, I was going to get Hindy but I know he didn't play last night, is he injured?
need to see your whole squad bro...

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I've gone for Merrin rather than Smith. Averaged 75 over the last 2 rounds and is 120k cheaper.......also allows me to beef up my bench a bit. Hindy in for Parker.

beads6

First Grade
I actually traded Parker for Cam Smith and transferred Burgess to the back row and traded Bromwich for Merrin

Last edited:

Dogs Of War

Coach
That guy must have had Burgess captain, lucky prick!

1,055 which is impressive IMO with Aubusson & Carney stinking the place up and Reynolds getting injured. Ranked 5,000 overall for 2 rounds, not bad.

Are halves in SC worth having? It seems they can either hit extreme highs or low. I'm trying to take SC a bit more seriously this year. Also do trades roll over? If I do no trades this week do I get 4 next week or is it a flat 2 per week use 'em or lose 'em?

Yeah, halves can be all over the place. It's why I traded in Mateo this week to replace Hayne. I think that consistency will help me beat others. I only play to beat people head to head, cause one of the guys at work won a few years ago, and I saw how much work he put into doing it, then realised I could never be bothered doing that.

Either way, I need to bookmark Merrin and Aubusson to come into the team in the next few weeks, and then hope either Humble or Norman have a few big weeks so I can get a proper fullback. Otherwise pretty happy with my squad now.

Geohood

Bench
Disappointed I dropped down to rank 684 now.. but makes up for it being 393 in NRL Dreamteam... lol :)

Aubusson going back to 2nd row is good for my Supercoach but not for Cordner.. Hope he scores a try to make up for it.

Mr Saab

Referee
Dropped Parker for Mateo and Buderus for Isaac Luke.
Now have Burgess, Gallen, Fenson, Luke, Farah, Cam Smith, Mateo.

Punk in Drublic

Juniors
I'm coming 2nd to Sanga in my private league...not really fussed though, as I am in a growth stage and only care about the H2H comp.

I'm gonna make a couple of trades this week in preparation for the big price changes after round 3 then try to conserve my trades until the end of the season.

BEERM4N

Juniors
Need a bit of direction here. I've already made my trades for this week but need a little help on what i should be aiming for in the coming weeks. Also I'm in it for the Head2Head rather than the Total Points:

1. Stanley, K
2. Sio, K
3. McManus, J
4. Blair, C
5. King, M
6. Carney, T
7. Reynolds, A
8. Graham, J
9. Tolman, A
10. Mannah, T
11. Burgess, S
12. Fensom, S
13. Gallen, P

14. Tedesco, J
15. Moga, T
16. Vaivai, T
17. Whare, D
18. Sezer, A
19. Carr, R
20. Learoyd-Lahrs, T
21. Mason, R
22. Hoare, S
23. Williams, T
24. Hinchcliffe, R
25. Hindmarsh, N

Remaining Salary - $285,800

I obvisously had to get rid of Parker this week so have a bit of extra cash for next week. I need to get Tedesco out aswell so hopefully injury free this week.

hardbaby

Coach
Beerman, there looks like a couple of things for you to consider:

1) Too many props and not enough hookers, Props are solid scorers because they rely on base stats e.g. hit ups and tackles. But they don't play for 80 minutes and get very few attacking stats. But a good hooker will play the full 80, get all the base stats and make good attacking stats. So Farah or Luke will bang out high 90s and crack 100 some games.

2)You need backrowers in the centre position. Across a season sheer workrate makes them must haves. I can see you have Williams but there are plenty more options out there. Watch Aubusson and Mannering this week as they are both in the forwards now. Compare their points this week to last week. That's how many points you are missing out on.

Good luck...

MisterLove

Juniors
433 overall in super coach on 2,157 and number 1 in w.a haha....got rid of Parker and teb taia from the side and bought in Gallen and Mateo

beads6

First Grade
I have really ordinary halves. The plan is to start upgrading them as soon as I have some extra funds. Currently I have Carney, Rankin, Reynolds and Moltzen

Geohood

Bench
Going out on a limb here and not trading in another gun 2nd rower for Parker yet..

Instead moved one of my 4 2nd rowers out of my centres to the actual 2nd row (Had Williams, Halatau, Mannering, Aubusson) and traded in Hodges (hopefully he'll stay injury free and be the Gasnier of this year), and upgraded Tasi to Graham with Hurrell one of my bench spots who should score well if he plays 80m.

I won't be able to afford Hindmarsh so have to look to bring in a bit cheaper a gun next week.

Dunno if I'm taking the right tactic. Hodges seems a good point of difference if he stays injury free and if he scores a try or 2 he will hit 100 easy.

Mr Saab

Referee
Need a bit of direction here. I've already made my trades for this week but need a little help on what i should be aiming for in the coming weeks. Also I'm in it for the Head2Head rather than the Total Points:

1. Stanley, K
2. Sio, K
3. McManus, J
4. Blair, C
5. King, M
6. Carney, T
7. Reynolds, A
8. Graham, J
9. Tolman, A
10. Mannah, T
11. Burgess, S
12. Fensom, S
13. Gallen, P

14. Tedesco, J
15. Moga, T
16. Vaivai, T
17. Whare, D
18. Sezer, A
19. Carr, R
20. Learoyd-Lahrs, T
21. Mason, R
22. Hoare, S
23. Williams, T
24. Hinchcliffe, R
25. Hindmarsh, N

Remaining Salary - $285,800

I obvisously had to get rid of Parker this week so have a bit of extra cash for next week. I need to get Tedesco out aswell so hopefully injury free this week.

IMO you have way too many players that actually play. I have about 8 or 9 87k players and of those i think 4 will never se first grade