What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Supercoach 2012.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Think I will take a gamble don't believe I will lose any cash so could pay off at worse cost me a trade fixing.

Don't forget Sims will be unavailable for plenty of games due to origin and byes still to come. Might be a better pickup afterwards. To fix that, why not swap Paulo for Matt Ryan. Ryan is $70K cheaper and is getting roughly the same score as Paulo. I would but I needed to use my trades elsewhere this week. This way you have extra cash, and after origin (or when you decide it won't hurt you so much to get him in), you have a player worth as much as Paulo as his price is due to rise to Paulo levels + 70k.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
Ryan still has a massive negative break even too.

I ended up going Gallen -> Fensom and Buderus -> Friend. Next week I trade out Cam Smith for Burgess. Should leave me with 400k spare and 13 trades left to get Gallen back in after Origin.

Grave_Digger

Juniors
Don't forget Sims will be unavailable for plenty of games due to origin and byes still to come. Might be a better pickup afterwards. To fix that, why not swap Paulo for Matt Ryan. Ryan is $70K cheaper and is getting roughly the same score as Paulo. I would but I needed to use my trades elsewhere this week. This way you have extra cash, and after origin (or when you decide it won't hurt you so much to get him in), you have a player worth as much as Paulo as his price is due to rise to Paulo levels + 70k.

Well even though I didn't take your advice mate, thanks for the feed back.

I picked up Ryan last week before the price rise so that was one of the reasons why I wanted to get Paulo out, as I didn't want carry two Eels rookies in my 2nd row. Thought about moving him to 5/8 and trading out Sezer but seeing I have only just put him in I decided agaist it. It would of cost me an extra $100k and I wouldn't of been able to trade Kevin Gordon for Gavin Cooper come round 13.

gronkathon

First Grade
Took a punt on gallen playing. Would have worked out great if Moga had not played as Sio scored really well.

oh well

Edwahu

Bench
1010 with Merrin and Ciraldo to play. Pretty pleased with that since I had Gallen, Luke and Fulton all unavailable.

Last edited:

Dogs Of War

Coach
1008 with Lewis and Mansour still to go. Started Gallen, lucky Moga got a game as my bench was bare with everyone else on a bye.

beads6

First Grade
My teams f**ked. won't get 1000 for the 2nd week in a row. Was killing it early in the year.

eozsmiles

Bench
I'm having my best week so far. Broken 1100 with all my teams and still have 1-2 players to go in all teams. Daniela and Robinson in most of them.

jim_57

Staff member
1025, Gallen abd Hodges in my team with 0, Lewis and B Morris to play, K Gordon 17 as most likely emergency reserve. If Gallen and Hodges both played it could have been a big week.

Tweek

Juniors
I currently have Parker, Fensom, Gallen, Fulton, Ryan and Paulo in my second row. I want to upgrade paulo into a keeper second rower. I was looking at thaiday or Taylor. i only play head to head so dont care about origin.

Will Thaiday still get big scores with parker back in the team? and with Taylor his scores seem low except fora few weeks he scores trys. i would rather someone more consistant.

any other second rowers im missing?

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I think both would be better buys after Origin.

There's byes in SC for every week before origin, sure. But origin players (especially forwards) usually play reduced minutes the week after which will effect your head to head matches.

Personally I'm not making any unforced trades over the origin period. Getting Burgess this week then nothing for a good while.