What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SuperCoach 2013

gronkathon

First Grade
Hayne had to go in the end.

I think he is an amazing SC player but I have real questions on the platform the Parra pack can lay for him to work. Now watch me be wrong

Dogs Of War

Coach
Should we be thinking about trading out sharks players now?

If you have Sharks players then you were going to lose anyhow. No Sharks players = Winning! (except for M.Gordon - And he wasn't involved in any of the stuff going on currently at the Sharks)

Dogs Of War

Coach
Hayne had to go in the end.

I think he is an amazing SC player but I have real questions on the platform the Parra pack can lay for him to work. Now watch me be wrong

He scored huge last year, and that was a pretty piss poor excuse for a team. I am hoping to pick him up down the track if I can. Just that cash could be better spent elsewhere currently.

That said, I am sitting on something like 150K in the bank.

gronkathon

First Grade
Yeah I tried to fit he, Gordon & Inglis into the same backline and carrying the two big name hookers.

I think I have finalised my side but I had to compromise down out of Hayne, Merrin & Burgess to get a better balance across the park while still having some cash cows. Took your advice on lawrence though. Left me really thin on available cash but I think I am covered

abpanther

Staff member
Reading Hayne's recent interview, he says he will stay in the fullback position as long as Luke Kelly can hold up at 5/8.

Therefore Hayne could slide to 5/8 at any time, bit of a worry isn't it at that price tag?

gronkathon

First Grade
Yeah that mixed with the high price, The Sticky factor and my assessment of their forwards are why I had to dump him. Allowed me to put Thurston at pivot which was a safer option and he can still pull monster scores

some11

Referee
Agree with posting your teams like mentioned and if that is your team listed than i will say i like it.(Whats your team name?)

Eminence Front :cool:

Tossing up between Klemmer and Taupau, might just go Klemmer and keep 30k in the kitty.

As far as Drinkwater and Tedesco go they should both force their way into their respective sides eventually.

DictatingTerms

Juniors
Just signed my and my brothers' teams into the NRL Scouters Inc as there were still a few spaces open. Nearly done picking my team, but I'd be curious if anyone has suggestions as this is my first year with Supercoach (formerly played the Fox Sports version):

Tolman/Myles/Farah (G.Burgess/D.Klemmer/G.Rose for comedy value.)
Gillett/L.Brown/Fulton (Finucane/T.Harris/J.Horo)
Cronk (Drinkwater)
Thurston (A.Kelly)
Whare/M.Gordon/Inglis/G.Beale (W.Naiquama/N.Smith/Loko)
Bowen (Fonua)

With just under $52,000 in the bank.

abpanther

Staff member
I think Drury Low will be a steal, reports are that he and Turner will switch positions

Dogs Of War

Coach
I think Drury Low will be a steal, reports are that he and Turner will switch positions

I grabbed Drury cause I figure Barba won't be back for at least 5-6 weeks. Enough time for him to become a cash cow for me. I still want to see him play before I start him though.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
I think I'm finally done with my team.

1. Inglis
2. L.Brown
3. Te'o
4. Gordon
5. T.Williams
6. Hayne
7. Thurston (vc)
8. Merrin
9. C.Smith (c)
10. Buhrer
11. M.Ryan
12. Mateo
13. N.Smith (Panthers)

Bench:
14. A.Kelly
15. Naiqama
16. T.Harris
17. Sam Rapira

Reserves:
Horo
Loko
Klemmer
Finucane
Don
Ryan James
Drinkwater
Low

I've got about 27k left, was tossing up between Wes Naiqama and Tuivisa-Sheck. Wes should be kicking goals which was enough for me to pick him now

Nevcost

Juniors
If you have Sharks players then you were going to lose anyhow. No Sharks players = Winning! (except for M.Gordon - And he wasn't involved in any of the stuff going on currently at the Sharks)

What about players who used to play for the sharks?

RHCP

Bench
How will the Panthers bench affect Lewis Brown and Nathan Smith's minutes???

Tariq - still a buy off the bench or wait till in starting lineup and a few weeks under his belt.

Hayne - too expensive at 385K or a must have?

Anyone taking a punt on Idris?
I think both Brown and Smith will be good buys. I have a hunch Brown will get a lot of minutes but that's just a guess really.

I'm holding on Tariq for a little bit.

I can't fit Hayne in my side at the moment. There's a lot of great halves and fullbacks so imo not a 'must have'

Yep, I am. Feel like the new scoring system benefits him + he had an absolute shocker of a year last start so he is a bit underpriced as it is.

My team right now. Any thoughts?

1. Inglis
2. Gordon
3. Uate
4. Jennings
5. Idris
6. Thurston (vc)
7. Sandow
13. L Brown
12. T Williams
11. Frizell
10. Merrin