What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SuperCoach 2013

Tooooks

Bench
G. Burgess in, Buhrer out
Farah in, McGuire out

1-Hayne
2-Uate
3-T.Williams
4-Inglis
5-Gordon
6-Thurston
7-Sandow
13-Hinchcliffe
12-Mateo
11-Te-o
10-Burgess
9-Farah
8-C.Smith

Might take a punt on Albert Kelly as reserve, along with Nathan Smith, Loko and Harris. Don't know about captain yet.

firechild

First Grade
Hayne
Whare
Lyon
Hodges
Taufua
Thurston (c)
A. Reynolds
Buhrer
Smith
G. Burgess
T. Williams
Maitua
Harris

Finucane
Kelly
Fonua
James

gronkathon

First Grade
I was all set to relent and trade Klemmer our for G. Burgess but will give it another week, I want to see where Buchanas figures land this week first and compare with Burgess.

The Robinson for Gidley trade may well be on though

Wato

Juniors
Traded out mateo for inglis and horo for g.burgess. So team this week is

Hayne
Gordon
Boyd
Beale
Locke
Marshall
Thurston
Merrin
C.Smith
G.Burgess
Teo
Buhrer
Lowe

Gidley
Maloney
Inglis
Buchanan

Tooooks

Bench
Why would you trade Buhrer out?

Mainly to grow cash. G Burgess may or may not be a keeper, but either way, he is going to go up in value in a big way. If he's a keeper, good. If not, I'll sell him and upgrade down the track.

It's probably not the best tactic (trading out a pretty good performer), but I think it'll work out.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I'm not making any trades this week. Going to see how a few players go this weekend before shedding them. In particular, Sam Burgess.

beads6

First Grade
I've got

Whare
Inglis
Gordon
Robinson
Beale
Hayne
Maloney
Merrin
Farah
Smith
McGuire
Williams
Buhrer

Kelly
Burgess
Loko
N.Smith

Should get a decent score. Going with Farah as skipper.

Tooooks

Bench
I'm not making any trades this week. Going to see how a few players go this weekend before shedding them. In particular, Sam Burgess.

Sam's not playing this week. If you mean George, I liked the look of him and reckon he'll go 60+ this week. Even without the try last week he scored over 70 and may get more game time with his brother out.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Sam's not playing this week. If you mean George, I liked the look of him and reckon he'll go 60+ this week. Even without the try last week he scored over 70 and may get more game time with his brother out.

Didn't know he was suspended actually. Cheers for that.

Based on that news I've made 2 trades:

Burgess out for Maitua
Drinkwater out for Sandow

RHCP

Bench
Maitua is a very risky prospect imo. Had a corker of a game which IIRC didn't have a lot of base stats to it so might not be able to keep it up.

Reversed trades, Idris out for Reece Robinson. He is almost a must-have now Dugan is gone, in my books.

I'm holding on G Burgess. One swallow does not a summer make.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Yeah I don't expect a repeat performance every week but he's an 80 minute backrower with a decent attacking game for 200k. I think he'll go ok.

Robinson is a gun at fullback. Going to let him have his 2 games and see if there's an opportunity to pick him up cheaper. Will most likely hold price though.

Last edited:

Spot On

Coach
Considering flicking Beale. Have grave doubts about his ability to score greater than 50 points. Thoughts???

afinalsin666

First Grade
Who are coaches trusting with the captaincy this week?

I'm taking a punt on GI. Storm v Cowboys should be low scoring, so no Smith, Slater or Thurston. Tigers are woeful, so i'm not gonna bet on Farrah or Marshall, and the Eels have a pretty hard test against the Bulldogs, so no Hayne. Inglis is pretty much my only option i think.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
Yeah I don't expect a repeat performance every week but he's an 80 minute backrower with a decent attacking game for 200k. I think he'll go ok.

In his favour Paulo is at 5/8 with Kelly out for a while with a hamstring injury. So he should play some big minutes again, and he's a good point of difference.

Who are coaches trusting with the captaincy this week?

Thurston will be my #1 captain all year if he's playing. Went with Smith last week and regretted it. Will probably have either Smith or Inglis as vice.

RHCP

Bench
Considering flicking Beale. Have grave doubts about his ability to score greater than 50 points. Thoughts???
I'm also considering the flick. He gets this week, and maybe the next depending on which cheapies are in for a big rise.