What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SuperCoach 2013

Nevcost

Juniors
Traded in George Burgess for Martin Taupau and Josh Mansour for Shaun Kenny Dowall. Brisbane Brewers for Round 2

1. Kurt Gidley
2. Josh Mansour
3. Greg Inglis (V-C)
4. Michael Gordon
5. Gerard Beale
6. Johnanthan Thurston (C)
7. Aidan Sezer
8. Robbie Farah
9. Cameron Smith
10. Jamie Buhrer
11. Tony Williams
12. Feliti Mateo
13. Ben Te'o
Reserves
14. Jacob Loko
15. Nathan Smith
16. Jack Buchanan
17. George Burgess

Nevcost

Juniors
I'm also considering the flick. He gets this week, and maybe the next depending on which cheapies are in for a big rise.

Thinking next week if he doesn't improve of moving Nathan Smith into the centres and getting a cheap back rower as there isn't a lot of cheap centre/wingers besides the ones I already have.

MSIH

Bench
I was tempted to do a few panic trades, but have held off. That said, there's still nearly 12 hours before game 1, so I probably will make a trade or two.

Beale's in my crosshairs as well.

abpanther

Staff member
Is it possible to trade a player out and recruit someone in a different position?

I have the issue at the moment where I want to trade S.Burgess out and move Lewis Brown from the centres onto my 2RF bench, and then trade in Mansour to start in the centres.

Can I do that somehow? Can't seem to figure it out

Mateo Moi Moi

Juniors
Is it possible to trade a player out and recruit someone in a different position?

I have the issue at the moment where I want to trade S.Burgess out and move Lewis Brown from the centres onto my 2RF bench, and then trade in Mansour to start in the centres.

Can I do that somehow? Can't seem to figure it out

Yeah you can do it. Click to trade Burgess. A S icon will appear next to Lewis Brown. Clicking that will move him to the 2RF.

Wato

Juniors
Yes when you make the trade and the list of potential players comes up and then a listed version of current players, there should be a silver s next to some players press that for them to swap positions. For example this week I trade out Mateo and Horo for Inglis and G.Burgess.

abpanther

Staff member
Yeah you can do it. Click to trade Burgess. A S icon will appear next to Lewis Brown. Clicking that will move him to the 2RF.

Doesn't seem to work for me

When I press 'T' to trade out Burgess is automatically sends me to the Trade Centre page with all the available 2RFs to choose from, no 'S' next to Brown's name

Utey

Coach
Why are you guys all using trades first week in? Isn't that a massive SuperCoach no no?

I'm only playing for the second time this year, so I may make one change, luckily more trades have been offered up this year, got caught out last!

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
Doesn't seem to work for me

When I press 'T' to trade out Burgess is automatically sends me to the Trade Centre page with all the available 2RFs to choose from, no 'S' next to Brown's name

Have you got Burgess in the front row? That would explain it.

Why are you guys all using trades first week in? Isn't that a massive SuperCoach no no?

Extra trades this year, it's less of an issue.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
I drafted him in the front row, swapped him into the 2RF for Buhrer, now want to trade him out and get Brown to replace him

Can't be done?

Did you swap Buhrer for Burgess before trying to make the trade? You can only do one swap in The Trade Centre, you'll need to swap in the normal squad page first.

abpanther

Staff member
Did you swap Buhrer for Burgess before trying to make the trade? You can only do one swap in The Trade Centre, you'll need to swap in the normal squad page first.

I swapped Buhrer for Burgess in the normal squad page, also then subbed Burgess onto the bench for Nathan Smith on the normal page too.

Haven't done a sub on the Trade Centre page yet

Walt Flanigan

Referee

I don't think so.

I generally do a fair bit of trading early to get a side I'm happy with. It's the best time to work out who the best cheapies are and how some players go at new clubs. After the first 3 rounds the good cheapies prices will sky rocket.

I usually ease up on the trading after Origin. I went 5 weeks in a row without trading last season.

RHCP

Bench
Yeah. I think the first few rounds are a good time for trading, within reason - no point hanging onto a lemon for too long and you don't want to miss out on the cheapies that are going to play for most of the season.

Tooooks

Bench
I find I need to strengthen weak spots in my squad by doing some early trades. After I've got a good 17, I lay off the trades until they're needed.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
Still deciding which of my front rowers to downgrade for G.Burgess - Sam Rapira, Finucane or Klemmer. I think Klemmer has shortest shelf life when Kasiano/Pritchard get back so he's the favourite to get the punt.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Still deciding which of my front rowers to downgrade for G.Burgess - Sam Rapira, Finucane or Klemmer. I think Klemmer has shortest shelf life when Kasiano/Pritchard get back so he's the favourite to get the punt.

I'm in the same situation but I'll probably get rid of Finucane, purely based on price. I don't see either player earning big money but Klemmer is 40k cheaper. Plus with the money the Bulldogs have invested in him, I expect Klemmer will see a fair bit of first grade.

Latest posts