What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SuperCoach 2013

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
Jump straight into the Free Agent bin. It's surprising the amount of decent players that people overlook.

That's the good thing about only having a 12 team league. I'm sure I can find someone.

I've got Mullen as one of my other halves and been playing Mateo in the second row, so I can move Mateo to 5/8 and put Rochow in the second row now if there are no other half options around.

ek999

First Grade
1,050 with a win and a draw in my 2 leagues. Not real happy but Bird moving to 5/8 didn't help my cause and Benji only got 29 when he scored a try. He's gone this week to bring in S Burgess and I will get rid of Sene-Lefao to bring in Stockwell for some nice pay rises in the coming weeks

beads6

First Grade
1132, could have been better if Tupou was ruled out earlier and I could have picked Fahnoua instead of getting 9 for Drinkwater

ek999

First Grade
I thinks Smith's bump came from getting a try assist for the try to Vave (I think it was). Saw on news.com.au that Benji could be out for up to 3 months

firechild

First Grade
Saw on news.com.au that Benji could be out for up to 3 months

With the way he's been playing, I'd be surprised if anyone noticed.

Any good suggestions for a wing/centre/FB to trade Whare for? Looking for someone cheap to try to make some money.

firechild

First Grade
Leumape from the Warriors looks like a good buy. Will at least stop the money drain with Whare.

Dogs Of War

Coach
With the way he's been playing, I'd be surprised if anyone noticed.

Any good suggestions for a wing/centre/FB to trade Whare for? Looking for someone cheap to try to make some money.

Tedesco, especially if Benji is injured. I could see Tedesco getting that fullback spot fulltime. Moltzen into the halves as the miller experiment seems to be over, unless Siro is put there instead.

Anyway my trades this week, Fishelli (or whatever it is) out, Tedesco in. Hayne out, Thurston in.
Still have 187K in the bank. Next week I was going to get rid of Klemmer and Horo, I need to add a non state of origin front row forward, and a low price 2nd rower. Nearly have fixed my team so I don't need to make too many changes during State of Origin time.

Last edited:

firechild

First Grade
I've had Sam and George Burgess from day 1 for precisely that reason. The fact George has made almost 100K has been quite a bonus.

Warmess

Juniors
Benji -> Thurston
RTS -> Laumape

Means I have over 120k for some trades next week. Tbh I was thinking of giving Benji the flick earlier. Might flick Lillyman next week and get Gillett or Watmough.

firechild

First Grade
Ended up going:

Whare -> Tedesco
T. Sims -> Stockwell

Leaves almost $140k for next week, probably going to upgrade a front rower.

Tooooks

Bench
Horo out - Tanginoa in
Buchanan out - Merrin in

Starting to plan my trades for the Origin period. Will be tricky to field 17 players in round 12 and 15.

RHCP

Bench
Starting to plan my trades for the Origin period. Will be tricky to field 17 players in round 12 and 15.
What are everybodys strategies for this? I've only ever played for H2H so Origin/byes have never been an issue.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
I've got

Buhrer -> Stockwell
Naiqama -> Tedesco

But I have enough cash to do Naiqama -> Gillett so I may do that. Would kill me for Origin though.

HowHigh

Coach
Finished on 1107. Wasn't great compared to how a lot of people were doing.

I'm doing Hoffman -> Sam Burgess (who I'll keep for rest of season)
Scott Moore -> Stockwell

Pretty happy with my forwards, only really need to upgrade Lewis Brown when I get a chance later but he's doing alright for now.

My backs are inconsistent as f**k..

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
FFS looks like I can only add Tedesco in if I play either him or Humble at FB. Can't put Inglis/Gordon back there right now :(