What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SuperCoach 2013

Wato

Juniors
What are everybodys strategies for this? I've only ever played for H2H so Origin/byes have never been an issue.

Yea I have been trying to figure out how to deal with this as well since I have only ever played H2H so I reckon I will save my trades and just cop whatever scores I get.

Tooooks

Bench
What are everybodys strategies for this? I've only ever played for H2H so Origin/byes have never been an issue.

I'm going to start trading players for the origin period in about rd9. Souths, Titans and Dogs play in rounds 12 and 15, so I'll be looking at those teams.

torana12

Juniors
Traded Horo for S Burgess and Whare for Tedesco, leaves 60grand in bank will be upgraded either humble or kelly to A reynolds next week and then won't be trading till origin.

Nevcost

Juniors
Decided to get rid of Buhrer and Te'o for Merrin and Stockwell. Which means my team this week will look something like this

1. Jason Nightingale
2. Greg Inglis
3. Michael Gordon
4. Chris McQueen
5. Reece Robinson
6. Johnathan Thurston
7. Nathan Fien
8. Robbie Farah
8. Cameron Smith (C)
10. Trent Merrin
11. Sonny Bill Williams
12. Anthony Watmough
13. Tohu Harris

Reserves
14. George Burgess
15. Jack Buchanan
16. Jack Stockwell
17. Mahe Fonua

Tooooks

Bench
My overall rankings plummeted as predicted. Still in top 1% though. Here's my team for this week (pending any late changes).

1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Michael Gordon
3. Greg Inglis
4. Jacob Loko (hasn't been named, but Ricky generally copy and pastes from last wk)
5. Aquila Uate
6. Jonathon Thurston
7. Tom Humble
8. Trent Merrin
9. Cam Smith
10. Robbie Farah
11. Sonny Bill Williams
12. Anthony Watmough
13. Tohu Harris

14. Jack Stockwell
15. George Burgess
16. Kelepi Tanginoa
17. Greg Bird

Undecided on captain, but will probably be Smith.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Here is my full squad now...

10. Lawrence, B
9. Merrin, T
8. Smith, C
20. Burgess, G
21. Buchanan, J
22. Klemmer, D *

12. Te'o, B
13. Symonds, T
11. Williams, S
23. Harris, T
24. Horo, J *
25. Sims, T

7. Humble, T
19. Kelly, A

6. Thurston, J
18. Kelly, L

5. Williams, T
4. Boyd, D
3. Inglis, G
2. Gillett, M
15. Brown, L
16. Loko, J
17. Toutai, V

1. Gordon, M
14. Tedesco, J

Was thinking of getting rid of Klemmer or Buchanan and upgrading to Sam Burgess or another non origin prospect. As well I was going to cash in Horo who really seems at a price that he will settle on, and bring in a cash cow (though no idea who really unless I move Tony Williams/Lewis Brown and find another back cash cow).

THoughts?

Utey

Coach
Klemmer OUT, Stockwell IN

Toutai OUT, Laumape IN

I will probably cash in on Buchanan shortly.

HowHigh

Coach
My team:

M.Gordon
Inglis
Fonua
McQueen
Hayne
Cherry-Evans

C.Smith
Merrin
Farrah
S. Burgess
SBW
L. Brown

Reserves:
A. Kelly
R. James
T. Harris
Stockwell

Others - Rapira, Buchanan, Horo, Humble, Naqiama, Loko (and 2 that have never played)

Happy with my forwards, I'll stick with them all season besides an upgrade to Lewis Brown after origin I guess.
The backs need a bit of work though.. I'll look to upgrade McQueen and another centre soon.

SydneyRaider9

Juniors
My team:

M.Gordon
Inglis
Fonua
McQueen
Hayne
Cherry-Evans

C.Smith
Merrin
Farrah
S. Burgess
SBW
L. Brown

Reserves:
A. Kelly
R. James
T. Harris
Stockwell

Others - Rapira, Buchanan, Horo, Humble, Naqiama, Loko (and 2 that have never played)

Happy with my forwards, I'll stick with them all season besides an upgrade to Lewis Brown after origin I guess.
The backs need a bit of work though.. I'll look to upgrade McQueen and another centre soon.

What's your overall ranking?

Dogs Of War

Coach
Dump T Rex. He is a super coach BUST. J Lyon would be better value

I have already copped the money penalty on him. And I have marked Teo to go first cause he is only solid, and how Souths use him is uninspired. If T-Rex was playing in the 2nd row for my team, he would have gone already, but in the backs I am not as worried. I think he may break out when the rest of the muscle returns, and at least I would be onto a good thing at that point. Lyon has his big games, but also can disappear.

T-Rex scores thus far without actually doing anything in a game : 51,39,46,62,47 avg 47.8
Lyon who has had some big games : 40, 73, 19, 54, 78 avg 52.8

So really not much separates these two at this point, but the upside is that if Des unlocks T-Rex, I may be seeing consistent 60-70 point scores each week.

Last edited:

Dogs Of War

Coach
12,000 pretty shit lol
I had a few duds that cost me a lot of points but I've used a fair few trades to fix up the team.. should be a lot more consistent and move up the ranks now I hope!

Sounds like me, I just tinkered with my team one too many times, and I am bringing back all the guys I had in my team originally, before I decided before the first cutoff to really change things up.

Tooooks

Bench
I have already copped the money penalty on him. And I have marked Teo to go first cause he is only solid, and how Souths use him is uninspired. If T-Rex was playing in the 2nd row for my team, he would have gone already, but in the backs I am not as worried. I think he may break out when the rest of the muscle returns, and at least I would be onto a good thing at that point. Lyon has his big games, but also can disappear.

T-Rex scores thus far without actually doing anything in a game : 51,39,46,62,47 avg 47.8
Lyon who has had some big games : 40, 73, 19, 54, 78 avg 52.8

So really not much separates these two at this point, but the upside is that if Des unlocks T-Rex, I may be seeing consistent 60-70 point scores each week.

Good point about She-Rex. I almost persisted with him for the same reason (scores aren't that bad for a centre). The other upside is that Bulldogs play in the bye rounds where origin players aren't available, so as long as he doesn't make SOO, he'll be available for those rounds.

ek999

First Grade
His scores aren't bad. But his price is dropping very quickly. He has lost almost $40k so far. If he can lose a bit more value he will be a pretty good pickup around Origin time

Utey

Coach
I'm not overly excited about Tedesco. He will be in line for some price rises, but Laumape seems a better option.