What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SuperCoach 2013

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Made 3 trades this week, leaves me with 11 left.

Peats ----> Lyon
Marshall ---> Segeyaro

And the one I'm probably gonna flip flop around on is

A. Harrison ---> G. Stewart

I just have a feeling he's gonna explode on the run into the finals, it's time to take some risks and get some points of difference.

torana12

Juniors
Who are everyone putting the captain on this week?

Thinking, VC on Roberts, since their playing eels this week, and C on Tolman (Do have Graham also), and if Roberts goes big again do the vice captain trick.

firechild

First Grade
Traded in Oates, Sao and Gillett for Sue, Loko and K. Sims. Oates and Sao are unlikely to play after this week so they'll get me a few points and then revert to being non-players for the rest of the year. I have only 4 forwards playing this week (Oates, Sao, Horo, Graham), 1 half (Lui) and 6 backs. Not too hopeful of any wins.

Captaining Lyon, hopefully he can put Williams away for a few tries.

Good week for the Captain's loophole. Vice captaining James Roberts and if he kills it, Watmough becomes captain.

abpanther

Staff member
First time I've got my hands on a BE spreadsheet, wow this is invaluable, will definitely be getting SC Gold next year.

Can someone please confirm for me, a player's price doesn't change after a week that they don't play correct?

For example, it has Reece Robinson with a BE of 104 and saying he's gonna drop about $20k (I assume this is based on his current average) next week. Does this price drop happen after this round or after the next round that he actually plays?

I assume the latter but just wanted to get confirmation

Thanks

Spot On

Coach
Who are everyone putting the captain on this week?

Thinking, VC on Roberts, since their playing eels this week, and C on Tolman (Do have Graham also), and if Roberts goes big again do the vice captain trick.

Can you explain this a little more. I may have to use it this week for the H to H victory. Can I go in after the Penrith game and change the VC to C with Roberts if I go with your above example?

Dragon Jim

Juniors
Can you explain this a little more. I may have to use it this week for the H to H victory. Can I go in after the Penrith game and change the VC to C with Roberts if I go with your above example?

What you do (and someone can help if I havent hit it), is if you make Roberts VC and he scores, say 80. That would be perfect for a Captain score.

So you go back into your team, and allocate the C against a player in your team that isnt playing this week. By doing that, since your new Captain gets 0, the double points automatically revert to your VC who is Roberts.

The tip though is to make sure you have the C on a guy who plays after Roberts, so basically make sure your VC plays before your Captain.

Dragon Jim

Juniors
3 trades this week leaving me with 8...

Sue to Peachey
Widdop to Hampton
Loko to Lyon

Have $615k in the bank to bring in the keepers over the next few rounds.

abpanther

Staff member
Okay so after much thought, I've reversed my trade on Taufua and just making one trade this week which will leave me with 7, moving Loko out for Oates to free up some $ and hopefully he doesn't play again this year.

Very tempted to bring in Taufua for the points and the cash increase but I think I've just decided backs (wingers in particular) are just so variable in scoring, I wanna focus on getting my forward pack set to make sure I compete in every game and then I'll bring in a couple of centres I like if I have the trades.

I've worked out my targets, gonna bring in Smith, Parker and Thurston after Round 19, will bring in Jennings next week.

I'm kinda 50/50 on Gallen, He's got a hefty price tage ($354k) and his average isn't that spectacular (75), coupled with his injuries, I don't know if he's worth it. Thoughts?

Thinking JWH @ $277k presents much better value.

I would also like to bring in J.Morris @ $154k if I can after Round 19, I think he will finish the season strong

abpanther

Staff member
After some more research I'm not convinced that Oates won't play another game, with Reed out he may play a few more games.

I want someone with the best chance of not playing any games after this week to avoid a AE nightmare in the finals

So who best fits that; Oates, Lowe or Ligi Sao from Manly?

Dragon Jim

Juniors
Oh I like this move, I have Widdop too. Leaves me with 6 trades and about 280k to get some guns back next week.

Especially if you have a gun as a 5/8 it would be better to have someone who wont play again and you free up cash for a forward keeper. Well that was my thought process anyway

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
Yeah I've got Sutton, Kelly and Benchie right now. Happy with Sutton & Kelly, will concentrate on getting my second rowers and centres improved

Walt Flanigan

Referee
The guy I'm playing has 4 Broncos players who don't usually score well and they come out of last nights game with huge scores somehow. I'm toast already.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
If he retains kicking duties then he's definitely keeper material. Gordon probably isn't kicking due to his injury so weather or not he takes over from Carney after a week or two is the question.

abpanther

Staff member
Yeah me too

Time to dump Wade Graham this week, he joins a list of guys who are gonna be shown the door this week (Rero and Campo)