What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Superthread XXXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cliffhanger

Coach
I appreciate cricket, I just think watching a whole test match is ludicrous.

One of my favourite sporting moments ever was watching Steve Waugh get his 29th test century and one of the biggest mistakes I ever made was watching Rudolph's entire innings when he scored that 100 in Perth I think it was.

I don't think a cricket matches should be shorter or anything, just that watching a whole test match is too much,

Cliffhanger

Coach
Look Clifford, I know yore missing Bunniesman but please don't use me as substitute. He'll be back soon and you two can continue you're verbal tango of love.
AG, I know pretending every girl who was repulsed by you in fact loved you helped you get through some tough times, but I am a straight forward person, I wear it all on my sleeve, when I am hostile towards someone it means I dislike them, the more hostile I am towards them, the more I dislike them.

dogslife

Coach
Great minds think alike. I love cricket and test cricket most of all. 50 over cricket bores me and T20 can be fun but it's nothing like Tests. There is nothing else in sport like a 5 day battle of cricket.
Yours is not a great mind champ...

Tests>>>>>>>>>>>>ODI>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>T20 just quietly

Hallatia

Referee
Yours is not a great mind champ...

Tests>>>>>>>>>>>>ODI>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>T20 just quietly
I don't think you have enough >s. T20 does not deserve to be considered cricket. ODIs have value, but tests are infinitely better

Cliffhanger

Coach
I don't agree that T20 has no place in the game or should not be considered cricket, it definitely has its place.

I do agree that tests and one days are much, much better. But I think the introduction of T20 cricket was important in ensuring the game continues to expand and become more profitable.

It will also help when it comes to getting more young kids to choose cricket as their sport.

Hallatia

Referee
shut up Cliffhanger.

is Baz around? I want to know how to make sambal oelek and I have a sneaking suspicion he may be able to help me out

dogslife

Coach
T20's are just catering for the gimps over in India who don't have to patience for Test cricket. I'd be happy if it was relagated to just being a circus act over there and we stick to real cricket here

Bazal

Post Whore
shut up Cliffhanger.

is Baz around? I want to know how to make sambal oelek and I have a sneaking suspicion he may be able to help me out

Easy as. Chilli, salt, vinegar, and a little bit of sugar. Blend it all up. You can use lime juice instead of vinegar but I like to use rice wine vinegar. Quantities are a bit fluid depending on how big (and hot) the chillies are and how wet you want it. I usually use about a teaspoon or two of vinegar for every 100g of chillies. A decent pinch of salt should be enough for every 100g as well. Sugar is pretty much to taste, I use light palm sugar personally. If you're only making a small amount a mortar and pestle gives a better texture, but it's tough to do a big batch in.

Hallatia

Referee
Easy as. Chilli, salt, vinegar, and a little bit of sugar. Blend it all up. You can use lime juice instead of vinegar but I like to use rice wine vinegar. Quantities are a bit fluid depending on how big (and hot) the chillies are and how wet you want it. I usually use about a teaspoon or two of vinegar for every 100g of chillies. A decent pinch of salt should be enough for every 100g as well. Sugar is pretty much to taste, I use light palm sugar personally. If you're only making a small amount a mortar and pestle gives a better texture, but it's tough to do a big batch in.
thanks, I am using it with fish today, this recipe I'm making for my dad called for it, so I looked it up on wikipedia because I had no idea what it was, judging from the information I got, I figured you could help :).

Bazal

Post Whore
thanks, I am using it with fish today, this recipe I'm making for my dad called for it, so I looked it up on wikipedia because I had no idea what it was, judging from the information I got, I figured you could help :).

Thats the traditional "Oelek" version. If you want (and if you have it), add a clove of garlic per 100g of chilli, about 1cm of ginger, and a bit of lemon grass. It's not really sambal oelek, it's a different sambal in name but it's just as good and probably works better with fish

Hallatia

Referee
Thats the traditional "Oelek" version. If you want (and if you have it), add a clove of garlic per 100g of chilli, about 1cm of ginger, and a bit of lemon grass. It's not really sambal oelek, it's a different sambal in name but it's just as good and probably works better with fish
I have fresh(ish) garlic, but dad has a big aversion to it, will go the lemongrass and ginger though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts