What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Supreme Court grants Bulldogs summons power

Vimpy

Juniors
The problem with putting some ridiculous figure of compensation on the defection is that SBW's lawyers can then use that figure to argue what their player is worth and claim he was being underpaid and that the salary cap is a restraint of trade. The more they try to hurt SBW in the pocket, the more it might bite them in the bum.

Kiki

First Grade
will any of this result in jail time?? i really wanna see that cowardly bitch in a prison issue green tracksuit. can u imagine the tears? it would be amazing. AMAZING.

El Diablo

Post Whore
why would he come back if it meant going to jail?

France let Roman Polansky live there despite being wanted in the USA

Eels Dude

Coach
will any of this result in jail time?? i really wanna see that cowardly bitch in a prison issue green tracksuit. can u imagine the tears? it would be amazing. AMAZING.

Interesting theory... what could they charge him with though?

Kiki

First Grade
wasnt there an article last week saying if he didnt appear when summoned they could freeze his assest and it could result in jail time? im sure it was usual journalistic hyperbole but i swear i read that. maybe just wishful thinking on my part.

he is such a whingy bitch in general life. can u just imagine him in jail. i would never ever stop laughing.

Titanic

First Grade
If ever you wanted to escape international law and live an exotic lifestyle, then you have to look no further than France.

To be honest, I have no interest in Williams (even his SBW tag leaves me cold) but the sanctity of a signed contract needs to be protected at all costs.

Shorty

Staff member
If ever you wanted to escape international law and live an exotic lifestyle, then you have to look no further than France.

To be honest, I have no interest in Williams (even his SBW tag leaves me cold) but the sanctity of a signed contract needs to be protected at all costs.
Bingo.

hitman82

Bench
Well mercenaries are known as the dogs of war, and he is most certainly a low dog. I was suggesting it in a more optimistic tone, the idea being he'd get torn to pieces by a land mine or captured by extremists in the east somewhere.

hitman82

Bench
while they were torturing him for treacherous information maybe his 'management' team could negotiate a deal with the terrorists involving a few million in blood diamonds.

Sleep

Juniors
Regardless of what happens he isn't going to play for the Dogs again. Even if the NRL welcomed him back I'd be very surprised if his teammates did.

Plumplechook

Juniors
NRL are dreaming if they think France are going to give a k*nting f**k about some sporting breach of contract ruling issued in a NSW court. This is a country that gave the agents who blew up the Rainbow Warrior their highest national honour on their return to France. They operate under their own rules over there. And how exactly do the Bulldogs think they are going to get compensation from the millionaire who owns Toulon? Set Fred Briggs on him? The best they can hope for is to get some sort of contempt of court ruling against SBW if he fails to respond to some court order. But that's hardly going to be grounds for extradition from France. Even the judge this morning was saying that "there are some fairly turbulent and difficult waters ahead'' in pursuing this case. The only people who are going to come out of this smiling are the lawyers - and $BW of course.

Kiki

First Grade
Well mercenaries are known as the dogs of war, and he is most certainly a low dog. I was suggesting it in a more optimistic tone, the idea being he'd get torn to pieces by a land mine or captured by extremists in the east somewhere.

bahahaha. i like you.

well he definitely has the mercenary thing going for him. no actual loyalty. maybe the legion would be perfect.

If a coward such as williams deserted his Great Soviet Red Army/Navy Comrades at say Stalingrad/Kursk/Mumursk/Sevestopol/Leningrad he would be quickly captured and swiftly executed and his name struck from any military records like he never existed.

williams name should be struck from all league records/publications/trophies etc including anywhere and on anything at the bulldogs club.

Last edited:

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
NRL are dreaming if they think France are going to give a k*nting f**k about some sporting breach of contract ruling issued in a NSW court. This is a country that gave the agents who blew up the Rainbow Warrior their highest national honour on their return to France. They operate under their own rules over there. And how exactly do the Bulldogs think they are going to get compensation from the millionaire who owns Toulon? Set Fred Briggs on him? The best they can hope for is to get some sort of contempt of court ruling against SBW if he fails to respond to some court order. But that's hardly going to be grounds for extradition from France. Even the judge this morning was saying that "there are some fairly turbulent and difficult waters ahead'' in pursuing this case. The only people who are going to come out of this smiling are the lawyers - and $BW of course.

I am not so sure. It is not a done and dusted deal on the French side, despite the insipid behaviour and lies from the president of Toulon. In l'equipe this morning Serge Blanco, head honcho of the French national rugby maintains that SBW should finish the season in Oz before playing in France. He also finds it amusing and bizarre that a player can break a contract mid-season and blast off like SBW has done. Finally he states that he has still not received a demand for a contract from RCT.

This story is starting to attract some more serious interest in France, and in my opinion is far from finished if Serge actually sticks to his words (which is not what the president of Toulon did).

maple_69

Bench

I think you're right in that extradition isn't going to happen while he's in France. But while is ignoring the proceedings and I might add the sentencing in his absence, he will never be able to return to Australia for one and I'd have BIG doubts on him being able to go to New Zealand. NZ I believe would co-operate with extradition. So if I'm right he couldn't play for the All Blacks and if I'm wrong he could never play for the All Blacks on Australian soil.