What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suspend Tonie Carroll

Ghoulies

Bench
innsaneink said:
A low dog act imo....totally unnecessary and anyone defending its just as bad.
Just in case this little barb is thought to apply to me: if Carroll is indeed guilty, I'm in no way excusing him. It is a dog act, but until I at least see it again, I'm holding off with judgement.

walt flanigan said:
I don't think Sione went through with the complaint because Carroll wasn't actually gouging but he's hands were around that area. In saying that I think something should be done, although I don't think it was that bad I do think that having hands and fingers in that area at all should be punished.
I think he didn't follow through with it because he wasn't absolutely 100% certain that it was a gouge (and I'm sure there's some serious punishment for making false accusations of that magnitude), but he obviously felt something was wrong.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Ghoulies said:
I think he didn't follow through with it because he wasn't absolutely 100% certain that it was a gouge (and I'm sure there's some serious punishment for making false accusations of that magnitude), but he obviously felt something was wrong.

Yeah that's what I was getting at. It would set a dangerous precedent if he escaped unpunished no matter how light that particular incident was.

Rotten Rooster

Juniors
Lockyer4President! said:
Wasn't fully intentional imo.

LOL had a go at his eyes at least three times man come on, and he was even looking him straight in the face whilst he did it... his gone!

Big Pete

Referee
I believe it's a pretty low act from Carroll, unlike him and it's a blight on a good game. Karma struck when he cost the Broncos a chance to win the game though.

He'll be gone for six weeks.

Stewie Griffin

Juniors
Dragon said:
Even though he made the initial complaint, i thought it was good to see him not cause too much sh*t by "dobbing" on an opposing player. It was dirty by Carroll, but let the match reviewers make the complaint, hes a thug and always has been.

don't tell me you are talking about carroll.

please explain.

Nook

Bench
The bloke went for both eyes with both of his hands at least twice...the most blatant gouge/attempted gouge ever.

How those Broncos morons on the commentary team can find it within themselves to defend stuff like that I'll never know.

Didn't think Carroll had it in him but he is clearly guilty here and should go for a long time.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
After seeing him give Mark McLindens head a workout on a couple of occasions a couple of years ago, I think Carroll has it in him.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
He didn't gouge, he raked. Huge difference. It was silly and unecessary, but if gets suspended for that the next thing you know players will be getting suspended for giving a good old fashion facial.

In saying that I think he will have a case to answer.

JW

Coach
Doesn't matter what anyone thinks, the precedent has been set.

He'll go for 6 weeks.

Moon/Eastwood to Lock or Ennis to come into the team.

Nook

Bench
but if gets suspended for that the next thing you know players will be getting suspended for giving a good old fashion facial.

Whatever you are on, I want some.

Bomber

Bench
You don't push somebody away by clawing your fingers.

And he did so not once....not twice....but three times.

There was intention there imo. Intention = guilt.

Six weeks.

Latest posts