What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suspend Tonie Carroll

Shorty

Staff member
Glen said:
Why don't players usually go on with it and make a complaint on the field? I know people say all that tough guy crap and the "what happens on the field stays on the field" line, but if that's the case, don't mention it in the first place

Carroll deserves a solid suspension, it looked intentional
I really think Sione just didn't want to make a big deal out of it,he's trying to start fresh and probably doesn't want to have any dramas.
Besides the fact that Tonie is usually a good guy and it was probably just a bit of frustration.
I think he should get a week or two but that's it.

Brad Joyce

Juniors
It wouldn't surprise me if Sione got sighted as well. It appeared to me that he gave Carroll a rake across the face on the way up. It was no where near as bad as what Carroll did, but with Sione's record, I wouldn't be surprised to see him up against it (hope I'm wrong).

Shorty

Staff member
Brad Joyce said:
It wouldn't surprise me if Sione got sighted as well. It appeared to me that he gave Carroll a rake across the face on the way up. It was no where near as bad as what Carroll did, but with Sione's record, I wouldn't be surprised to see him up against it (hope I'm wrong).
What the hell are you smoking?
The only thing Sione did was push Carroll's head with his forearm which he got Carroll a penalty for.

Game_Breaker

Coach
0,,5419627,00.jpg

He's guilty. You can't defend that ^

Mr Saab

Referee
Is that where his eyes are?
He would have to have the smallest forehead in history if that was the case. Smaller than Mario Fenech and Debra Messing

gregstar

Referee
the bent fingers don't help.

it is a still however - you'd need to see a string of images.

Game_Breaker

Coach
You said his fingers wont curled.

Obviously, his fingers were curled, at some point they wouldve met his eyes

miccle

Bench
I didn't want to comment until now, because I only saw it at the game.

I'm surprised... it definitely looks like an intentional movement, but I still don't think Carroll is that sort of player.

Regardless of what he was trying to do, it happened and it happened more than once. A suspension is called for, as much as it pains me to say it.

Game_Breaker

Coach
gregstar said:
the bent fingers don't help.

it is a still however - you'd need to see a string of images.

Yes, true.

I just posted that to show that his fingers were in fact curled up

Mr Saab

Referee
They were not curled in his eyes like they were with Cross on Morrison.

Look i know it is not good, not good at all, but is is not the worst incident in the world

Shorty

Staff member
No it isn't,but you can see Carroll looking straight at him while he's doing it...

Frederick

Staff member
The worst thing about this incident is he actually has a go with both hands. So the hand that's holding the ball, he actually removed from the ball to get his fingers up around Sione's eyes.

Mr Saab

Referee
Cowgirl86 said:
Well done,here's a cookie:roll:

Yeah choc chip.
Eyes are open :roll:
It is really amazing what people "see" when they look at a pic. I see zero evidence of any eyeball. All i see is eyelashes.