What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sw12

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
So glad to hear that. Going to the sidey on Wednesday and i can't wait. I've seen Dashboard 6 times but never a solo show by Chris. So excited now.

Yeh i'm going tonight. Was my first time seeing dashboard. Didn't disappoint. Pretty much DC, Jacks Mannequin and Relient K are my fav bands at SW12... so you can imagine i'm going to enjoy the sidewave

braz

Juniors
Was an awesome day. Only downside was missing Steel Panther and Gojira as I had to wait around to offload a spare ticket. Didn't want to waste $150! I will see Gojira on Thurs at Masto sidewave anyway.

My day was:

Meshuggah - 8/10. Absolute pummelling. Introduced some mates new to their music who were blown away

Biohazard - 8.5/10. Lots of fun, haven't seen these guys in 12 years and I still love them. Bobby is the man. Got smashed in the pit which reminded me why I don't mosh anymore!

Mastodon - 9/10. Wow the Hunter songs come off amazing live. They are such a tight band. Looking forward to seeing them on Thurs and getting a full set.

Lamb of God - 7.5/10. I always have a good time watching these dudes. Good stage presence and sounded awesome.

Slipknot - 4/10. Caught about half their set. I'm not really a fan. Maybe because it was the first band I had seen on the main stage but the sound wasn't great.

System of a down - 6/10. Only caught the first 30 mins as I had to go watch Machine Head but they sounded good. All newer material though so to be fair may have given a much better rating if I stayed for the full set.

Machine Head - 8.5/10. Sounded awesome. McClain is such a beast. Only minor complaint from me would be nice to hear at least one song from The More Things Change but I guess they will cover that stuff at the sideshow. Great way to finish the day.

As usual too many bands, not enough time. Would have liked to see Bad Religion, Hatebreed and DEP.

braz

Juniors
Ok here is my run down

Biohazard: caught the last 2 songs. f**king awful 0/10

Limp bizkit: old school fun, nice tribute to Jessica too 7/10

Seriously! :crazy:

You know Limp Bizkit basically are a watered down, fake version of what Biohazard were doing (hardcore/metal/hip hop) almost a decade earlier.

You're entitled to your opinion (but it's wrong!)

Turkleton

Juniors
I stayed around stage 4 for most of the day. No waits for the toilet too which made things even better. Was pretty sick so couldn't drink much til later in the day and by that time drink lines were a couple of seconds. I liked that i could head to the back and hang around the grass, still hear bands perfectly and relax whenever i wanted.

Bands i saw:
Gojira - awesome start to the day, was looking forward to finally seeing them live
Hellyeah - i like their albums, the sound mix to me kept going weird especially during double bass parts. no doubt the Pantera connection gave them a pretty big crowd.
Shadows Fall - small crowd i thought but thought they were still really good
Meshuggah - Might not be for everyone but I've always liked them, didn't disappoint.
Waked around, got food...
In Flames - spent some time in the beer queue which was a shame
Mastodon - awesome set and performance
Lamb of God - good fun, one of the best
BLS - i hung at the back, had security checking me out thanks to an empty baggy sitting behind (my eyes were 'clean' so no bother)
More walking...
Caught a few mins of SOAD which were as good as always then went to Machine Head... flames during a set are always good to see.

Left early as i'd probably faint if i had to pack in and wait with everyone at the end. Thanks a lot flu...
But had a near empty train to Central then went to a pub for a quick drink which i still couldn't finish.

Best bit for me is that i'm seeing Alter Bridge/Steel Panther tomorrow night so i didn't miss out on anything.

Awesome festival, hardly any dicks around. Thank god it got cloudy fairly early and the breeze was nice.

Mack 65

Juniors
It's funny because it's always been the "in thing" to put shit on Fred Durst and Limp Bizkit but I was at the BDO the year they played and I was there yesterday and these guys pull massive crowds.

runatme

Bench
It's funny because it's always been the "in thing" to put shit on Fred Durst and Limp Bizkit but I was at the BDO the year they played and I was there yesterday and these guys pull massive crowds.

very true 2001 was insane yesterday was abit more tame

limp and br were the best bands yesterday imo

Kong

Juniors
Machine Head and Mastodon were the highlights for me. Not a big fan of bands that rely on circus tricks to please the crowd.

Devin Townsend was my obvious highlight. Other than that, Gojira, In Flames, Mastodon, Wednesday 13 and System.
Turisas too, I loved watching the two guys in the full Turisas getup (google it), with ten minutes before the set starts. They raised their swords and screamed "FOR METAL" then ran. Brilliant!

I did manage to score a souvenir during the day which I will have to frame sometime.

423751_10150546838976082_1228479359_n.jpg

LESStar58

Referee
Currently at the Bad Religion sideshow.

Street Dogs covered "Rise Above" and "Guns of Brixton". I'll admit to barring up when they played those 2 songs. Nipples got hard as well. Set list too short though!

beave

Coach
Anyone see Watain in Sydney??

f**king atrocious in Brisbane, they couldn't have been any worse surely??

beave

Coach
Putting the reverb up to 11 on the vocal channel for Watain is pure genius............ Sounding like shit whilst having vocals that sound like they have been mic'd up in a toilet is very ironic...... Spinal Tap ironic.

I was embarrassed for them.......... Then when they cut into LOG's timeslot the embarrassment turned to rage.

f**k them and their rubbish show.............. There, I said it.

LESStar58

Referee
Seriously! :crazy:

You know Limp Bizkit basically are a watered down, fake version of what Biohazard were doing (hardcore/metal/hip hop) almost a decade earlier.

You're entitled to your opinion (but it's wrong!)

This.

On a related note, while he's not with the band anymore I've seen waaaaaaaaaaay too much of Evan Seinfeld!

RedVDave

First Grade
Bush - I enjoyed them. Yeh, not as crazy as some other bands but they put on a very solid performance. Not sure why someone else was shit canning them the other day. Nice cover of come together. 8/10

Moffo

Mof, did you go to the Bush sideshow? They were f**king awesome I thought, Gavin Rossdale really has a ton of charisma.

Latest posts