What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swimming

Tom Shines

First Grade
Leisel Jones choked, I don't care if the other set a WR.

$1.05 favourite done like a dinner, when she holds the top ten best times in history? She should have killed it.

brook

First Grade

$1.05 favourite done like a dinner, when she holds the top ten best times in history? She should have killed it.

She held the top 10 fastest times in history, now Rebecca Soni holds the fastest.

I don't think it can be considered choking to not swim faster than you've ever managed to before just because some armchair experts decide your capable of it.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Rubbish. Trickett and Jones not only let themselves down, they let down the whole of Australia. Two golds in the bag - thrown away by lazy swims.

We needed those. We will be lucky if Grant Hackett doesn't drown in the 1500.

that is an extremely reckless comment at best

how many silver medals have you ever won ?

Razor

Coach

Why is this forum full of such negative people.

Jones didn't swim poorly. Soni swam a fantastic swim. That isn't Jones choking were her opponent does that.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Why is this forum full of such negative people.

Jones didn't swim poorly. Soni swam a fantastic swim. That isn't Jones choking were her opponent does that.

Soni took 2 seconds off her PB, nothing Liesel can do about that

2 seconds off a PB is totally in heard of in a 200m race

Rubbish. Trickett and Jones not only let themselves down, they let down the whole of Australia. Two golds in the bag - thrown away by lazy swims.

We needed those. We will be lucky if Grant Hackett doesn't drown in the 1500.

We needed those ???...Trcikett and Jones let themselves down ??.

And we wonder why kids are scared of failure ???.:roll:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Our two girls in the Backstroke finished 7th and 8th :(

mrbishi

Juniors
one thing thats really getting to me, bruce macca asking duncan "what are their chances?" with duncans reply of " really good, they have a great chance" or "they are looking really good, they can do this" only to watch them come in way out of the medals

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Here we go, Lauterstein striving for Silver... :crazy:

Stupid Phelps :fist:

mrbishi

Juniors
well done to Phelps....

But i wish it was anyone but him.

And here we go, another aussie with a greeeeeeeeeeeeeat chance according to Duncan Armstrong :crazy:

aussies1st

Staff member
Impressive stuff from Lauterstein. Our medley relay team could be alright. Sullivan, Lauterstein, Rickards, and Stoeckel. Could upset the US and Phelps 8 gold.

Shorty

Staff member
Holy crap that last race was close between Phelps and the Serb.
Phelps was .01 sec faster!

God damn it was almost like cheering for an Australian to see the Serb beat him LOL!

mrbishi

Juniors
1218685300987.gif

That super slow mo! how the hell did phelps touch him out!

Last edited:
Impressive stuff from Lauterstein. Our medley relay team could be alright. Sullivan, Lauterstein, Rickards, and Stoeckel. Could upset the US and Phelps 8 gold.

Im starting to believe they very well could.

we are so close to them in the breastroke and butterfly. They shade us by about a second in the backstroke but it could come down to sullivan swimming them down in the final leg.

If we are at all close going into the final leg , watch out.

aussies1st

Staff member
GB from no gold medals in the pool for God knows how long to 2 in the pool. Hope they haven't found a good system like they did in cycling.