What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swimming

Shorty

Staff member
Im starting to believe they very well could.

we are so close to them in the breastroke and butterfly. They shade us by about a second in the backstroke but it could come down to sullivan swimming them down in the final leg.

If we are at all close going into the final leg , watch out.
God I hope so...imagine Phelp's face and the yanky press!

I know it's nasty but the guy is such a douche,like that display there...carries on like a pork chop and thanks his American counterpart but ignores the other competitor he beat(?) but .01 of a second:roll:

I'm sure Eamon is itching to make up for his last race though.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Brazilian wins the 50... carries on like a pork chop.

:( Sullivan gornskis :(

Shorty

Staff member
Well he seems to be in a bit of a state of mind now.
That's not good news for the relay,looks like the f**king yanks will stroll it into Phelps' 8th medal.

Well he seems to be in a bit of a state of mind now.
That's not good news for the relay,looks like the f**king yanks will stroll it into Phelps' 8th medal.

thats a bit over the top.

th 50m free has always been a toss of the coin. True class will show through in 100 meters though. Sullivan was only just touched out for the 100M gold.

Shorty

Staff member
Yeah and he did his best but I don't know if his mind is where it should be.

Shorty

Staff member
Well I don't but getting the Silver hit him a bit hard I think.
Hopefully he'll bounce back.

Chook Norris

First Grade
50m is pretty much luck, any race where all peopel are within a third of a second is...

shame about Sullivan

Shorty

Staff member
So we should have two girls in the final Cate Campbell and Libby Trickett.
Campbell did really well - The bloody press needs to pay attention to the rest of the Aussies not just the big names.

Razor

Coach
Impressive stuff from Lauterstein. Our medley relay team could be alright. Sullivan, Lauterstein, Rickards, and Stoeckel. Could upset the US and Phelps 8 gold.

No chance. The US dominates this race.

Leczak v Sullivan - Sullivan has the world record. But Leczak has the fastest leg time in history, and would have smashed the world record if that was the first leg.

Phelps v Lauterstein - Phelps hasn't lost the 100m Fly for more than 4 years, not going to happen.

Peirsol v Stoeckel - Peirsol by a signifciant margin

Hansen v Rickard - Hansen had a poor showing the individual but is far superior to everyone in the world except Kitajima

No chance. The US dominates this race.

Leczak v Sullivan - Sullivan has the world record. But Leczak has the fastest leg time in history, and would have smashed the world record if that was the first leg.

Phelps v Lauterstein - Phelps hasn't lost the 100m Fly for more than 4 years, not going to happen.

Peirsol v Stoeckel - Peirsol by a signifciant margin

Hansen v Rickard - Hansen had a poor showing the individual but is far superior to everyone in the world except Kitajima

relays come down to a lot more than just head to heads.

see the womens 200M free relay for evidence of that.

Shorty

Staff member
Very good point HH.
I think the Americans are very vulnerable in this race,possibly if they're thinking too far ahead of themselves.