What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tahu is a muppet: Cannon

Y2Eel

First Grade
Origin Mate v mate State V State.. Your team mate gets belted in SOO you damn well make sure your the next team to get the square up..

Rah Rah Aus V NZ The all blacks smash the aussies the aussies pussy out the rest of the game..

simmo1

First Grade
Tahu always has come across as a bit of a wanker. I remember when Tahu first started in Union, he came out with some bullsh*t like he never even sprinted as fast as he can in NRL because he never needed to. Made it sound like he was that much better than everyone else, which he wasn't.

In saying that, it is amusing that Union has to use stories about NRL to even rate a mention in the papers.

otori

Juniors
While I agree with most of the stuff he said, this is pretty sh*t stuff to put in the bloody paper. I don't think we need to fill pages with personal attacks from disgruntled players of another sport. Reminds me of when Tracey Grimshaw did her editorial on how much of a c**k Gordon Ramsey is ... same response from me: I already knew that, you're a tool.

BLKOUT!

Juniors
Cannon wouldn't last 2 minutes in an origin game.

He'd drop dead of exhaustion after the first set. I loved playing union when I was younger, the six lap warm-up we did before our first ever training session was more running than I'd do as a second rower in the actual games for an entire season combined.

wanted man

Juniors
Brendan cannon and alot of his former wallabies mates should have been arrested for impersonating athletes.
He's not a patch on Tahu as a rugby player in either code.
Origin is regarded a higher honour by league players simply because it's the biggest challenge a player can put himself through in either code.
If a player can succeed on the origin playing field he has reached the pinicale in playing standards for the rugby codes.
Former wallaby coach Eddie Jones said after watching a not so long ago origin match that he hoped union test could one day reach that level of speed of action and intensity.
Origin is simply the fastest, the most intense and unforgiving rugby played anywhere in the world.
And most league fans know many union tests are plodding affairs played against some very average opossition.
Tahu has every right to feel origin is a bigger honour for him.

maccattack

Juniors
Well I for one, as an Australian, have zero respect for the wallabies jumper. Its a symbol of shame if anything.

Patorick

Staff member
Somebody on the News Ltd payroll calls someone a muppet.

Ok then, irony is alive and well.

Angry_eel

First Grade
two ways of lookin at this. On one hand, Tahu is a Wanker. On th other hand, its stupid to write a rant about his opinion. I mean ffs Im sure the Wallaby jumper is like toilet paper for Mark Skaife or Brendon Fevola or any other sports person not related to Rugby Union.

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
Sounds like a twat but I'd be more angry about Tahus quotes. Seems odd people are overlooking them.

The disrespect he showed to League and NRL as a sport and as collective players is shocking. I wouldn't have let him back myself. And I'm usually all for players switching codes.

The guys obviously a twat who bagged league and the nrl whenever he had the chance.

Mr Saab

Referee
I agree Highlights....the quotes from Tahu are ridiculous. He should have gone over to the dark and said nothing, but he opened his trap and launched into league and its come back to bite him

Tahu is an absolute f*ckwit of the highest order. Always has been, always will be. He's also an injury prone, overrated piece of sh*t. We shouldn't of allowed that clown back into the game. LOL @ the 2010 NSW jersey meaning more than a Roos one.

Meth

Staff member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ASdxXQnrd8

If a Rugby League player wrote an article like this about Union, everybody would be cheering. I like both codes- Rugby Union at the international level particularly and Rugby League at club level.

Cannon has a point about State of Origin being the pinnacle of League- then again, I'm not sure you can do anything about that.

Tahu is a lot better at League than he was at Union

jc155776

Coach
Tahu was a mercenary who left the game AND stuck the boot into as well.

When that happened the same people in this thread bagging cannon would have been giving Tahu a spray as well.

Now that he is back and talks down Union he is some kind of hero??

The guy is a wanker. He cares about his next pay cheque, not what game he plays.

Brutus

Referee
NSW Origin selectors ought to be smacked around the head for picking Tahu.

His form doesn't warrant selection for starters.

Latest posts