What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tahu is a muppet: Cannon

Brutus

Referee
Not sure. Bob Fulton is too busy making fat jokes and talking about nude darts throwing on 2GB than concentrating on footy, so that could be one explanation.

Thomas

First Grade
Whoa, whoa wait!

Fat jokes?

Nude darts?

I need material. This is gold.

Either Tahu will surprise everyone or he'll get manshamed by the Qld centres. His defence is a liability. I mean, if you get shown up in defence in a RU game what hope is there for you in a SOO game?

Patorick

Staff member
Leave Boze out of this, threads about bashing Cannon and/or Tahu.

Don't know what Parra games you lot have been watching, but Tahu's been really good IMO the last few weeks, especially in defence.

natheel

Coach
Tahu always has come across as a bit of a wanker. I remember when Tahu first started in Union, he came out with some bullsh*t like he never even sprinted as fast as he can in NRL because he never needed to. Made it sound like he was that much better than everyone else, which he wasn't.

In saying that, it is amusing that Union has to use stories about NRL to even rate a mention in the papers.

Union never used him properly IMO he never got the ball I think that's what he's refering too

Frailty

First Grade
Whilst I think the article is a load of tripe (just completely misses the passion that Origin has and the history that goes along with it), Tahu is a bit of a goose...

When he converted to Union he was laying the boot into league. Even just before he signed with Parramatta he put the boot in again. Then now he is back in league, he puts the boot into Union...

Canard

Immortal
I think you would find the 99.99% of Rugby League players would say representing Australia is the pinnacle.

But that Origin is toughest most challenging game they have played in.

Two different things really.

Since 2005 however NZ v Australia is getting to be right up there though.

Frailty

First Grade
The level of international competition will be getting better.

NZ is starting to look like a true force. England's Super League is getting to a higher quality with many UK players playing in the NRL with, I believe, more to come. The addition of Catalan Dragons has boosted French Rugby League, and I think the Celtic Crusaders will do the same in Ireland.

International Rugby League is gaining strength, and I think Four nations is a good opportunity... Alternated between England and Australia/NZ, with Australia, NZ, and England... the fourth team to be determined the year before with France, Ireland, Wales, and Scotland to play for the 4th spot when in the Northern Hemisphere, and PNG, Tonga, Samoa, and Fiji to play for the 4th spot when in the Southern Hemisphere...

Rexxy

Coach
who or what is a Brendan Cannon?

whoever he is, he will be poorer when the defamation lawyers put the cleaners through his fat carcass

sp6.jpg

*insert c**k here*

Heritage XIII

Juniors
Don't usually agree with unionites but the insinuation that origin is the pinnacle of league over internationals, just goes to show those in charge of the game do not have the acumen to develop international football.

Origin is the pinnacle because it is the limit our governing body can strive for. Origin is the limit these administrators can ever hope to achieve in the game. The muppets of the QRL were handed origin on a silver platter and live off that. One has to go beneath that (Q Cup and suburban facilities, etc) or above that (internationals) to see that they are hopeless at everything else.

International games should be the pinnacle of all league players.

Delboy

First Grade
Problem for Union is that most games of any importance are decided by one try and who kicks the most goals, so for them to miss the point that Origin provides the biggest challenge is misguided.

Then again, Cannon is a journeyman player and unlikely to mean anything to league followers.

flamin

Juniors
I think you would find the 99.99% of Rugby League players would say representing Australia is the pinnacle.

But that Origin is toughest most challenging game they have played in.

Two different things really.

Since 2005 however NZ v Australia is getting to be right up there though.
Yeah if you listen to Aussie players interviews they always say their greatest honour is representing their country, whilst Origin is seen as the toughest football environment.

But as you say things are changing.

Since 2005 international football has been more competitive than Origin!

Yeah if you listen to Aussie players interviews they always say their greatest honour is representing their country, whilst Origin is seen as the toughest football environment.

But as you say things are changing.

Since 2005 international football has been more competitive than Origin!

Since 2006, Queensland have won 8 Origins, NSW have won 4.
Since 2006, Australia have won 10 Tests, NZ have won 1, one drawn.

Rugby Union??

Sorry, must have dozed off there for 80 minutes plus half time.

Heard at a recent SUPER DOOPER 14's game.

"Wow field Goal"!!!!

and then "Woo Hoo an 8 minute scrum, crouch, touch, pause, engage"

and then "Wow he is 9 from 9 with penalty goals taken from his own half"

and then lastly from an 8 year old boy"Daddy, what is a try? What is a backline move? What is a big hit? What is a back that can tackle?" Response from Dad "Oh these are somethings that happen in league sonny boy"

Union is Sh*te