What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tahu out, Monaghan in and Andrew Johns quits over racism row before S.O.O. II

Timana: like him or hate him?

• Love him. Took a stand against racism.

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Publicity whore. Sook. Harden the f**k up.

Votes: 15 55.6%
  • Timana who? Meh

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters

Joker's Wild

Coach
Read it again you fool. I put in the scientific view and the world view. I put in the legal view as the ONLY time you could ever consider the drugs to prevent the person BEING the DIRECT cause of the violence. It actually helps your argument. However, it is of course is legal fiction based on fairness to the accuessed. Anyone will tell you the direct cause of the violence was him hitter her.

Whats your point? Of course drugs have a direct effect on the brain/body. If they did not - they would not be drugs. Drugs DO NOT a have a direct effect on friends/family of the user unless they do drugs too. The changes in the relationship with the loved one are an indirect effect of drug use. The person is responsible for their actions. Cannot blame the drugs.

The World view? According to whom?

Most who have been harmed by drug users would not call it "indirect" mate

Your arrogance knows no bounds if you think you speak for the rest of the world.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
The world view is the scietinfic view which is the objective and reasonable view.

I am both reasonable and objective.

Objectively and reasonably: what was the direct cause of violence when a man on drugs intentionally striking a woman with his fist?

Answer = the man.

The ridiculous subjective view you have is the when a man on drugs strikes a woman the direct cause of the violence is the drugs.

You are a fool.

Last edited:

butchmcdick

Post Whore
Nobody here actually knows what was said by Johns to cause Tahu to leave the team.

Whatever it was it was enough to make tahu feel as if he had no option but to leave the team. It has been confirmed that the comments were racial in nature. That in my opinion can't be excused or glossed over.

Watch in tomorrow on the footy show and the roast for channel 9 to run with the whole Johns is a good bloke who made a mistake and is hurting angle. Hell tonight before the cowboys game the fox guys were at pains to say what a good bloke Johns is.

In the coming days this will be less about what Johns said and more about Tahu's response. Tahu will be painted as a sook who abandoned the team while Johns made an innocent mistake.

hutch

First Grade
staying away from the whole racism thing, monaghan, while nothing, is a far better winger than tahu. in saying that, he is also a better centre than tahue. i have no idea what tahu has done this year to deserve an origin jersey.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
In the coming days this will be less about what Johns said and more about Tahu's response. Tahu will be painted as a sook who abandoned the team while Johns made an innocent mistake.

They may well try to but hard to paint it that way:

1 - First press release Joey said some of the comments were aimed at himself, thus there is more to it... was he trying to get this sealed and hope it would go away?

2- Joey is a sook who quit and abandoned the team after Timana left. Joey did the act that resulted in Timana leaving. Timana is thus the innocent victim. Joey is paying the repercussions of his actions. Ignorant mistake or not: a very wrong act.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Nobody here actually knows what was said by Johns to cause Tahu to leave the team.

Whatever it was it was enough to make tahu feel as if he had no option but to leave the team. It has been confirmed that the comments were racial in nature. That in my opinion can't be excused or glossed over.

yes they do

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/joey-row-tahu-walks-out-on-origin/story-e6freuy9-1225878751724

n a statement released by the NSWRL at 8.30pm, Johns said: “Two nights ago while trying to talk up the match I made a disparaging comment about a member of the other team and in the process of that I referred to the colour of his skin.

“I should have thought more what I was saying about a player whom I have always admired and respected and I hope to speak with Greg soon to explain what happened.

“I only hope that by stepping aside I can show others how seriously I am taking this issue and hopefully others may learn from it as well.

“I would love nothing more than to see Timana re-enter the team.

“It is something I deeply regret and I will do all I can to repair my friendships with both Greg and Timana and to regain the respect of those I have let down.”

Raider_69

Post Whore
Timana better not f**king reenter the team
we just lost joel monaghan for a game we played, he'd have been fairly useful in said game
if he's missed it for nothing, ill be f**king furious

ANTiLAG

First Grade
What about the drug maker, they are also responsible for the woman getting hit. They should do time as well, don't forget them

What about the parents of the drug makers? But for their having sex she would never have been hit as the drug maker would not have been born and thus not made the drugs which made the person hit her. They definitely played part of the "direct" cause per Joker Wild.

Noa

First Grade
In fairness to Joey he seems pretty mortified over the whole thing, as a koori I can cut him some slack.

Hopefully its not window-dressing though.

butchmcdick

Post Whore

I understand what you are saying El and am not looking for an argument here.

My point is there is no exact quote is there ? I guess reading through the posts in this thread it feels like many here are making up what they think was said and basing their assessment of the situation on that rather than facts. How did he say what he said ? What tone did he use etc etc.

My point is that tomorrow this will be all about damage control for the nsw team, the arl, channel 9 etc etc and will become about johns and what a good bloke he is and how this is out of character for him.

Hallatia

Referee
I was under the impression that the "black c..." part was a direct quote and it is only any words around it which were speculation

El Diablo

Post Whore

My point is there is no exact quote is there ? I guess reading through the posts in this thread it feels like many here are making up what they think was said and basing their assessment of the situation on that rather than facts. How did he say what he said ? What tone did he use etc etc.

My point is that tomorrow this will be all about damage control for the nsw team, the arl, channel 9 etc etc and will become about johns and what a good bloke he is and how this is out of character for him.

channel 9 said he called Inglis a black merkin

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-new...sw-coaching-over-race-slur-20100612-y424.html

On a day of high drama for the Blues, who are already staring down the barrel of an unprecedented fifth straight series defeat, the Nine Network reported Johns as telling centre Beau Scott he needed to stop "that black c***", a reference to Maroons Aboriginal star Inglis.

Dazzat

First Grade

And if this happens, that's the core of Joey's problems.

In my opinion someone with Joey's history shouldn't be put in a position of authority until he deals with a few personal issues.

Yes he was a great player, but he will never be a leader of people until he is called to task for years of drug abuse (not to mention things such as abuse of officials).

What does that mean in practical terms? Instead of being appointed assistant coach of the NSW team, he should be educating young people where drug abuse leads. He should be educating the public about bi-polar.

If he faces his past, he'll be equipped to build a better future.

Latest posts