What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tahu out, Monaghan in and Andrew Johns quits over racism row before S.O.O. II

Timana: like him or hate him?

• Love him. Took a stand against racism.

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Publicity whore. Sook. Harden the f**k up.

Votes: 15 55.6%
  • Timana who? Meh

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters

butchmcdick

Post Whore

Fair enough then.

I was going to say that I don't understand why tahu didn't confront johns when it happened but then I can't walk in tahu's shoes so I can't really judge his actions. What Johns said in my opinion deserves he be sacked.

As I have said watch for the excuses from Johns's media pals to begin in tomorrow.

The southern media are going to love this. Offsideres will be interesting to watch. I am sure they will be very self rightous about it and who can blame them.

butchmcdick

Post Whore
Surely it has to cost Johns his media job. Channel Nine wouldn't want to be seen as employing a racist

He will have some time off and come back after a few weeks and they will never speak of this again. Hell if his brother can come back after his incident this will be a walk in the park.

Chook Herron

Juniors
self-loathers all over Australia should be more outraged than anyone over this politically incorrect incident. Did they learn nothing from the indigenous v all stars game?

Ike E Bear

Juniors
Well, no surprise to which tool this came from, but as a Qld'r I'd like to thank Joey for firing up amongst others; Thaiday, Thurston, Folau and last but not least... Inglis. :crazy:
Really just what the doctor ordered for Qld! :p

Damn. That's a good point. Just what we needed. :crazy:

Pierced Soul

First Grade
they should have sent gallen to talk to tahu...

who's coming in for johns? did they pick an extra 4 assistant coaches?

voltron

Juniors
having been at the end of plenty of racial slurs
i can understand it sux and should not be tolerated
but really
if tahu didnt try and talk to people about it and try other methods before walking out
thats really disappointing
especially since theyve had such a history together.
if johns kept saying it over and over then yeah the atmosphere of the camp would be something i wouldnt want to be a part of
but a once off remark?
seriously come on
be an adult and talk it out and explain ur opinion and views
IF that doesnt work, then walk out
but tahu doesnt strike me as a guy who u dont take seriously if he has a problem
(he never really seems to smile)

cornerposter

Juniors
who's coming in for johns? did they pick an extra 4 assistant coaches?

Joey'll be back. Word is he'll be in disguise

klu_klux_klan_139321s.jpg

Ike E Bear

Juniors
He was talking to to Beau Scott about Inglis,and called Inglis a black c***,Tahu needs to toughen up.

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=1068520

Wow.

The thing for me is that Inglis' ethnicity is so irrelevant.

If Johns had called him:
1. a Queensland c***
2. a Storm c***
3. a rorting c*** (not to say that GI is definitely guilty of knowingly participating in the rort)

At least it'd be contextual and, arguably, a little defensible.

It might have been a throw-away line from Johns that wasn't supposed to be racist, but it wasn't right. The casualness of racism is a big part of the problem.

I'd say Tahu toughened up plenty when he quit the team. Surely you don't think that was an easy decision.

Tahu has also known Johns for a long time. The fact that Johns had little idea that what he was saying could be considered racist and cause distress to someone that wasn't even the subject of his comment, makes me think that he's probably been at it for a fair while. Tahu has probably "toughened up" for years ... when exactly should enough be enough?

stormbati

Bench
Good on Timana, he's sending a strong message. Coming from Joey, the whole team looks up to him! If Timana sits there and laughs at it, everyone else will think it's ok.

They've known eachother for so long maybe for Timana to hear it from him after knowing him for so long wouldve pissed him off even more.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Good on Timana, he's sending a strong message. Coming from Joey, the whole team looks up to him! If Timana sits there and laughs at it, everyone else will think it's ok.

They've known eachother for so long maybe for Timana to hear it from him after knowing him for so long wouldve pissed him off even more.

OR after 12 years just got sick of hearing it and thought - I do not need to hear this shi7. I got money now - I do not have to put up with this anymore. If he complained and the complaints got nowhere - well that resulted in worst case sceanrio for Johns.

Timana's stand is a good move for young aboriginals comming into club sides. Senior coaches will be more careful with their words in future I am sure.

Springs

First Grade
For God's sake. Johns is not a racist. It is obvious. How many freakin dark coloured people did he play with. Shut up, you absolute stupid f*ckheads. God I hate keyboard heroes. The things that are said on here, and you think you have the right to judge others...

Tahu didn't face up to it, and he definitely did not run away with the thought of young aboriginals in mind. It seems that all he did, was say that 'kids, if there are racists in your club, run away, and let the racist ones stay'. And if Andrew Johns had not done the honourable thing and quit, well then that would be exactly what happened. He was looking out for himself, he couldn't be in the same place as Joey, or he knew he would not be right for the game and had to have time off, which is fine of course, but he did not do what he should have done and confronted Johns himself, hell Johns didn't even know until after Tahu left and he rang him. But 'sending a strong message' Please...

lockyrulz

Juniors
For God's sake. Johns is not a racist. It is obvious. How many freakin dark coloured people did he play with. Shut up, you absolute stupid f*ckheads. God I hate keyboard heroes. The things that are said on here, and you think you have the right to judge others...

Tahu didn't face up to it, and he definitely did not run away with the thought of young aboriginals in mind. It seems that all he did, was say that 'kids, if there are racists in your club, run away, and let the racist ones stay'. And if Andrew Johns had not done the honourable thing and quit, well then that would be exactly what happened. He was looking out for himself, he couldn't be in the same place as Joey, or he knew he would not be right for the game and had to have time off, which is fine of course, but he did not do what he should have done and confronted Johns himself, hell Johns didn't even know until after Tahu left and he rang him. But 'sending a strong message' Please...

Shut up racist!