What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tahu out, Monaghan in and Andrew Johns quits over racism row before S.O.O. II

Timana: like him or hate him?

• Love him. Took a stand against racism.

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Publicity whore. Sook. Harden the f**k up.

Votes: 15 55.6%
  • Timana who? Meh

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters

Dazzat

First Grade
And NSW supporters wonder why Inglis became a passionate Queensland fan, and chose to represent the state with a proud tradition of Indigenous representation, rather than the alternative.

It's all pretty clear now.

Joker's Wild

Coach
You fool:

To answer your question, yes. Taking drugs and bashing someone to within an inch of their life is an indirect effect of drug use at best. It was the person who did the action. The girl was directly effected by the actions of the person bashing her. The drugs did not bash her. Makes sense, not every drug user bashes their girlfriend.

Howver, if someone steals my property I am always directly effected by not having property.

FYI: and I am positive this will be beyond you; Interestingly you can in criminal law sometimes blame drugs as playing a cause of the violence. If the drug user had his drink spiked and was suffering hallucinations caused by the drugs and thought as he was bashing his girl friend that he was defending himself from a monster he may claim the drugs had him acting automatically and he had not done the action deliberately so the aactus reus of the offence was not satisfied due to sane automatism, regardless of lacking the requisite intent which is the mens rea. Try selling that to a jury! But importantly - no scientist can say the drugs had the direct effect of causing the girl to be bashed. It does not happen every time someone takes drugs. Thus it is an indirect effect at best. But every time someone steals my property - I am directly effected.

Got it?

Good.

It most certainly isnt beyond me you self rightous arsehole. What you are talking about is a defence to an action as viewed by the law, not a definition of the term indirect as most would view it.

Drug use directly causes obsesive and antisocial behavior in alot of users via a chemical reaction in the brain which leads them to cause harm to others closest to them. Remove the drugs and these behaviours stop. The fact that it doesnt happen to every drug user is irrevelant.

Hallatia

Referee
Blues great Brad Fittler believes the late team change could help NSW square the series on Wednesday.

"As a structural thing for the team, Joel Monaghan is probably a better winger than Timana Tahu," Fittler told BigPond Sports Weekend.
http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsarticle/tabid/10874/newsid/59030/joey-remarks-forced-tahu-walk-out-on-nsw/default.aspx

although I think Fittler's a bit of a tool for coming out and saying that at this point, I think the incident could help NSW in game 2, but not because Monaghan is replacing Tahu. I was actually thinking earlier, that the adversity and hurt preparations could help NSW fire in the face of it. Particularly after Joey quit as a result of it, which in my opinion he absolutely had to do

Hallatia

Referee
Given the time between the incident and him walking away, it is possible- perhaps even probable- that Tahu went to those in senior position in the NSW camp and got nowhere.

If he did attempt to sort it out, I doubt he was stymied by any ingrained racism. It probably had more to do with the hero-worship Johns generates and the NSW heirarchy not wanting to upset their golden child.

So if Tahu tried and got nowhere, and felt strongly about what was said, the only way to force the issue would be to leave and allow the media to do its work.
the more I think about it, the more I think something like this was what happened. He even asked Bellamy before he left, which means that he did not even walk out on the team, he asked if he could leave and Bellamy let him.

As for Joey, I think ecstasy is more forgivable than racism, that said I don't think he is more racist than most other people who grow up in those parts of the country, and he said he didn't think he was being racist. That is half the issue though...

Dazzat

First Grade
Yep ... internal bickering always makes for better team work and performance.:roll:

Patsy

Juniors
Tahu is behaving like a princess.

I can understand the issue but the facts are Joey is a close mate. I am sure they could have sorted this out between themselves.

Tahu has put his agenda ahaead of the 16 other guys in the team and his state.

Poor form in my opinion.

AuDragon

Juniors
http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsar...arks-forced-tahu-walk-out-on-nsw/default.aspx

although I think Fittler's a bit of a tool for coming out and saying that at this point, I think the incident could help NSW in game 2, but not because Monaghan is replacing Tahu. I was actually thinking earlier, that the adversity and hurt preparations could help NSW fire in the face of it. Particularly after Joey quit as a result of it, which in my opinion he absolutely had to do

Yeah, because the bloke at whom that comment was directed, as well as the other "black c***" in his Qld team, won't want to prove a point... :roll:

Dazzat

First Grade
Well, no surprise to which tool this came from, but as a Qld'r I'd like to thank Joey for firing up amongst others; Thaiday, Thurston, Folau and last but not least... Inglis. :crazy:
Really just what the doctor ordered for Qld! :p

Good point. NSW can thank their lucky stars Civ and Hodges aren't playing as well.

Kiki

First Grade
is anyone watching the post game show on Fox? Gordie is being really upfront, i respect the dude.

BDH

Juniors
Mmm ... I just made the point that the same NSW supporters that criticised Queensland for selecting Falou because of 'principle' are now calling Tahu a sook for taking a stand against racism.

What's worse ... code-hopping or racism? Simple question, with a simple answer.

Good question IMO.

I'm waiting for the "loyalty" word to come out in this thread.:lol::lol:

NSW:lol::lol:

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
And NSW supporters wonder why Inglis became a passionate Queensland fan, and chose to represent the state with a proud tradition of Indigenous representation, rather than the alternative.

It's all pretty clear now.

Yeah....because racism doesnt and never did exist in Queensland....

Hallatia

Referee
Yeah, because the bloke at whom that comment was directed, as well as the other "black c***" in his Qld team, won't want to prove a point... :roll:
I really don't see why he would, there is no point to be proven in response to that, it's not like his talent was coming into question, if anything respect for his talent was within the comment, along with the racism. NSW have a lot more to play for than Queensland do at this point, and these sorts of disruptions cause origin sides to fire. If anyone needs or should even want to prove something, it's NSW

ANTiLAG

First Grade
It most certainly isnt beyond me you self rightous arsehole. What you are talking about is a defence to an action as viewed by the law, not a definition of the term indirect as most would view it.

Read it again you fool. I put in the scientific view and the world view. I put in the legal view as the ONLY time you could ever consider the drugs to prevent the person BEING the DIRECT cause of the violence. It actually helps your argument. However, it is of course is legal fiction based on fairness to the accuessed. Anyone will tell you the direct cause of the violence was him hitter her.

Drug use directly causes obsesive and antisocial behavior in alot of users via a chemical reaction in the brain which leads them to cause harm to others closest to them. Remove the drugs and these behaviours stop. The fact that it doesnt happen to every drug user is irrevelant.

Whats your point? Of course drugs have a direct effect on the brain/body. If they did not - they would not be drugs. Drugs DO NOT a have a direct effect on friends/family of the user unless they do drugs too. The changes in the relationship with the loved one are an indirect effect of drug use. The person is responsible for their actions. Cannot blame the drugs.

Last edited:
unity-sonia_jimenez.jpg

AuDragon

Juniors
I really don't see why he would, there is no point to be proven in response to that, it's not like his talent was coming into question, if anything respect for his talent was within the comment, along with the racism. NSW have a lot more to play for than Queensland do at this point, and these sorts of disruptions cause origin sides to fire. If anyone needs or should even want to prove something, it's NSW
Yeah, if that's what you want to believe, no one's stopping you. :cool:

I know what I would do if I was Meninga, and there are a few newspaper clippings this week that will do just the job! ;-)

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Tahu is behaving like a princess.

I can understand the issue but the facts are Joey is a close mate. I am sure they could have sorted this out between themselves.

Tahu has put his agenda ahaead of the 16 other guys in the team and his state.

Poor form in my opinion.

You self rightous prick.

Why should Timana sweep this under the carpet?

How do you classify taking offence to a comment an agenda? Its a response. He did not plan for Joey to racist. He reacted. Hardly agenda setting unless he knew Joey was going to be racist. In which case - they're not close friends. Newsflash - minorities do not like racists.

Joey made a racist comment which deeply offended Timana. Racists comments are not ok. Why should Timana just "suck it up?" He exercised free will and decreasing the ammount of racism in society is far important than one game of footy.

You may think racism is okay. Its not. Who you are - what colour your skin - where you're born - everything about you is an accident of birth.