What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Take a Bow Eric, Nathan and Timana!!!!!

Stagger eel

Staff member
If ever this club needed some inspiration to revive our season it came after the performance of these three gentlemen..

Well done on a collosus performance , let's hope your Parramatta team mates can get something out of your effort tonight.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

PARRA_FAN

Coach
All played well, Grothe especially got more involved, did well defensively out wide, and threw a few punches at Hodges, good to see its still goin in Origin.:D btw anyone know whats wrong with his brother?

Hindmarsh looked tough and agressive in defence, when Queensland got back in the game, he stood up hit those forwards, I wonder if he can teach the others that here at Parramatta.

Tahu also did well out wide, was a bit quiet, but still did alright.

Well done boys, they'll no doubt retain their spots.

Eelementary

Post Whore
PARRA_FAN said:
All played well, Grothe especially got more involved, did well defensively out wide, and threw a few punches at Hodges, good to see its still goin in Origin.:D btw anyone know whats wrong with his brother?

Hindmarsh looked tough and agressive in defence, when Queensland got back in the game, he stood up hit those forwards, I wonder if he can teach the others that here at Parramatta.

Tahu also did well out wide, was a bit quiet, but still did alright.

Well done boys, they'll no doubt retain their spots.

Really?

Kornstar

Coach
Grothe should get MOM for getting 3 good hits on Hodges!!!

Well done boys, you did our club proud and yourselves of course....

Eelectrica

Referee
Both Hindmarsh and Grothe did things tonight I've not seen them do before. Bodes well for the rest of the season I hope.
Tahu was his usual brilliant best.

nöyd

Staff member
If I have one criticism, Tahu absolutely sacrifice Grothe when Steve Bell scored towards the end, thought Eric did well to tag Bell in the end.

Eric certainly looked at home in the sky blue :thumn

Eelementary

Post Whore
I thought Hindmarsh was the pick of the Eels. His usual, reliable self.

Grothe, though he screwed up a few times, made some great runs and tackles.

Tahu, though, was disappointing in my opinion. Made little impact.

James_Hardie

Juniors
What's wrong with Eric's Brother?

On the game. Parra boys all did well, although Timana's defence still leaves a bit to be desired.

Stagger eel

Staff member
James_Hardie said:
What's wrong with Eric's Brother?

On the game. Parra boys all did well, although Timana's defence still leaves a bit to be desired.

what did Eric say about Daniel????

James_Hardie

Juniors
After match

Matty interviewed Eric. Matty made a point of saying, "we know you have had some personal struggles (may have even said tragedies) this week within the family". he dedicated it to his brother who was laid up, and said he would be there to see him tomorrow morning.

Stagger eel

Staff member
James_Hardie said:
After match

Matty interviewed Eric. Matty made a point of saying, "we know you have had some personal struggles (may have even said tragedies) this week within the family". he dedicated it to his brother who was laid up, and said he would be there to see him tomorrow morning.

ok, thanks...

otag

Juniors
grothe's bro suffered a serious injury on sunday playin for narellan.
drove home after game.
woke up monday, feeling nothing below his neck.
is in hospital.
best wishes to the kid.

strider

Post Whore
"HIT HIM ERIC!!!! - HIT HIM!!!" :D :D

I love seeing Hodges get biffed.

Sounds like Erics brother is not well or something. (edit: just saw previous post - ohhh - :( )

Suitman

Post Whore
My view, even though it means Jack...........

1. I don't think many chances came Tahu's way. He did well enough considering his limited opportunities.

2. Grothe was FAR more fired up than I have seen him for a long time. Did some great things, especially those two tackles from marker in the first half, where he just slaughtered the dummy half runner. My concern is that the selectors will be far more concerned about his mistakes, than his positives.
Really, he nearly cost NSW the game with that lost ball and penalty. He also lost another ball from an attacking position. Don't get me wrong, he was strong. Also, don't forget he was only there due to Cooper's withdrawal.

3. Hindy was absolutely inspiring.
He is seriously a freak, a machine. I just will never comprehend how much work that guy gets through. It was also a thrill to see his offensive game on song tonight.
It's been a long time.

Now...........

- Anasta is really over rated and is out of his depth at this level. That was clear tonight. Kicking poor, attack average. Defence - very good, but he is there for more than that.
- Mason was inspiring, as were most of the NSW forwards.
- Anyone who ever bags Menzies hasn't a clue. That guy is truly a legend.
- Sterlo had it spot on at about the 60th minute when he said Stephen Bell needs to get involved. This guy knows how to score a try, and he was wasted by QLD on the wing.
- That was a great Origin game. The legend lives on.
- Lockyer lacked support from his team mates. Too often he was looking for runners and they weren't there. An extra second or two made all the difference to their attack.

Suity

Glenn

First Grade
Guru should have gotten MOTM for the punches on Hodges :thumn
Hindmarsh was his usual workaholic self when on field.
Tahu, solid without doing much, a few bad misses in defence.

Morenito

Juniors
Anasta's kicking was pretty good tonight i thought.

Maybe im just used to seeing our kicks go striaght to the fullback or over the dead poor line!

Suitman

Post Whore
I forgot to mention that I thought the match officials had an almost perfect game.
I was most impressed with Hampsteads discipline of both teams, and handling of the match.
Of course, he didn't get everything right, but he was damned close.

It's as good a performance as anyone could expect.

Suity

Glenn

First Grade
Credit where credit is due to Hampster, now only hope it continues on the weekend.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Suitman said:
My view, even though it means Jack...........

1. I don't think many chances came Tahu's way. He did well enough considering his limited opportunities.

2. Grothe was FAR more fired up than I have seen him for a long time. Did some great things, especially those two tackles from marker in the first half, where he just slaughtered the dummy half runner. My concern is that the selectors will be far more concerned about his mistakes, than his positives.
Really, he nearly cost NSW the game with that lost ball and penalty. He also lost another ball from an attacking position. Don't get me wrong, he was strong. Also, don't forget he was only there due to Cooper's withdrawal.

3. Hindy was absolutely inspiring.
He is seriously a freak, a machine. I just will never comprehend how much work that guy gets through. It was also a thrill to see his offensive game on song tonight.
It's been a long time.

Now...........

- Anasta is really over rated and is out of his depth at this level. That was clear tonight. Kicking poor, attack average. Defence - very good, but he is there for more than that.
- Mason was inspiring, as were most of the NSW forwards.
- Anyone who ever bags Menzies hasn't a clue. That guy is truly a legend.
- Sterlo had it spot on at about the 60th minute when he said Stephen Bell needs to get involved. This guy knows how to score a try, and he was wasted by QLD on the wing.
- That was a great Origin game. The legend lives on.
- Lockyer lacked support from his team mates. Too often he was looking for runners and they weren't there. An extra second or two made all the difference to their attack.

Suity

Agree with everything, particularly the bits in bold.