What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Take Action on the Development.

Feej

First Grade
Stop the greed, stop making up stories and clinging to ridiculous theories on floods and traffic and just come out and say you DONT WANT TO SHARE the area you live in.

/end rant
Unfortunately, thats the way of the shire. It's quite embarrassing actually. Between that, 'Shire' t-shirts and 'aussie swazi's' it's all a bit sad.

Windy70

Juniors
R2 D2 makes more sense when he speaks. No where in that does it say the site IS a flood plain. You put in bold 2 sections . In the first one you forgot the "particularly when" and that the E A D "identifies the NEED for detailed flood assessment"

Nowhere does any of that state that the site is officially a flood plain?

These guys don't need to consistently destroy your arguments, you do it yourself by quoting things that you don't understand.

But keep going, it's fun to watch.

taipan

Referee
:crazy:Flood plain encompasses apparently, Woolooware high school,the leagues club,a petrol station(when flooded no doubt will pollute the mangroves and B Bay),a fitness club,Toyota parts factory,a miriad of businesses around the Taren point and Woolooware Bay foreshore ,The Woolooware shore Anglican retirement Village.
Move the lot to higher ground I say.Maybe Wentworth Falls would be in keeping with the 100 year forecast .:shock:
oh and Sylvania Waters built on the site of a mangrove swamp,is well and truly stuffed,as are many buildings along the George and Port Hacking rivers.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
First time poster but been following the forum for quite a while. Just curious to 'coups' motivation on the subject. All of us die hard supporters have obvious reasons for wanting the development to proceed...i.e long-term survival of the sharks as well as side benefits of extra employment/facillities in the shire. We have all stated our purpose for supporting the development....whats the underlying reason for your passion coups??

Megalodon

Juniors
Funny that Sylvania Waters is mentioned. I was just thinking about that yesterday.

Can you imagine such an incredible project being undertaken nowadays?

I remember going on school excursions down to the area to marvel at the wonders of land reclamation and civic design and hearing about the technologies used to make useless swamp land useful.

Of course, that was at a time when there was a vision for the Sutherland Shire - a time where the building of Captain Cook Bridge signalled the opening of a gateway to a new era of community growth and wealth.

When LJ Hooker and James Goyen partnered to design and build that estate in the 1960s the Sutherland Shire was focused on growth and moving forward. Even then, the community realised that there was no future in keeping the Shire stuck in the past as a sleepy little coastal fishing village.

It's a pity that the Shire seems more preoccupied with becoming an enormous retirement village than actually focusing on building a strong thriving community with sound economic and civic structures for the future.

The attached aerial photos of the late 1960s just show how incredible those projects were for their time.

Attachments

• MF004170.jpg
    MF004170.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 13
  • MF004167.jpg
    MF004167.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 11
  • MF004168.jpg
    MF004168.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 8

Card Shark

Immortal
We have all stated our purpose for supporting the development....whats the underlying reason for your passion coups??

Not knowing the real reason, so correct me if I'm wrong but I'd suggest he's a Dragons supporter who is worried that we might have a successful future - a bit of jealousy I feel?

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Not knowing the real reason, so correct me if I'm wrong but I'd suggest he's a Dragons supporter who is worried that we might have a successful future - a bit of jealousy I feel?
That thought did cross my mind too...would be interested to hear if that is the case. If so lol....No Bennett...No depth.....NO HOPE

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Was actually referring to their chances in the immediate future not their success over the last few years...Sorry to hear about the herpes though!

Ausguy

Coach
How many comps have we won?

If you are new to this forum. I will walk to Darwin.

A definite alias.