What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Take Action on the Development.

taipan

Referee
**** ALERT ALERT

It may be too late,but if anyone knows who is speaking in favour of the development at Rydges today ,mention the :
CLOSING OF THE CALTEX REFINERY announced today. as having an impact on jobs in the Shire,and a reduction in traffic volume.

This means we have lost Carbon Black,Abbott Labs,Caltex ,in process the Fisheries.Just to name the bigger ones.

Ausguy

Coach
Ha ha dribbling jibberers

Fiz can you take note of those Jo haven't followed the instructions which was to comment on only the latest approval not all the bullshit beforehand.

**** ALERT ALERT

It may be too late,but if anyone knows who is speaking in favour of the development at Rydges today ,mention the :
CLOSING OF THE CALTEX REFINERY announced today. as having an impact on jobs in the Shire,and a reduction in traffic volume.

This means we have lost Carbon Black,Abbott Labs,Caltex ,in process the Fisheries.Just to name the bigger ones.

Caltex will still have a storage facility there, so there will not be much, if any of a loss of traffic volume. Pity the job losses though.

fizman

Bench
12 speakers

8 yes
4 no

No's are absolute dribblers - same stuff traffic, transport size.

Gal and Benny Ross just presented - beautiful

taipan

Referee
Caltex will still have a storage facility there, so there will not be much, if any of a loss of traffic volume. Pity the job losses though.

330 jobs lost.Will have some traffic effect which would include ancillary and maintenance.Plus throw in the eventual removal of sand trucks,as the sand mining will be wound up.
Some of the guys there ,have been working for decades.

newman

First Grade
I was there for 2 hours and spoke (poorly I thought).
Seemed to be a 60-40 split of supporters v detractors.

Fizman and Megalodon spoke very well as did Gal and Rossy. Rossy spoke in his capacity as pharmacy owner and said he welcomes the new shopping centre. I missed it but Annesley spoke first up and was apparently very good.

Most detractors were older local residents who droned on about the usual mundane and extremely "general" topics of Mangroves, Traffic, game day parking (really, I mean seriously if this is all youve got, give up) and over crowding. Only one (a younger female on some environmental board) spoke with any authority and with regards to specifics in the report.

The surprising thing for me was that most of the supporters were immediate locals and a good mix of demographics and socio economic variety.

Keep in mind I left at 1230pm. Although Provan sent her apologies earlier in the day she changed her mind and is apparently on the way down there. Capsis and Irvine would be speaking about now I reckon.

Latest posts