What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Take Action on the Development.

SadShark

Bench
Good on you for having the tenacity & guts to get up there for the Greater Good.

I'm sure all Sharks club/development supporters agree.

Well done.

Megalodon

Juniors
Sometimes a person says something in passing and that comment alone serves to immediately discount every other thing that they're saying.

"... well, you know Captain Cook Drive was built by the yanks... "

or

"... I've been harassed and victimised by Sharks fans and I'm going to bring that up later... don't you worry about that... "

Last edited:

The Attorney

Juniors
in the end 80% of speakers spoke in favour of the development

capsis made no sense talked about chook pens he dumped there back in the day

provan and the head of the north Cronulla precinct committee trotted out the same tired old rubbish but had nothing to back it up

i hope councils meeting with PAC ran along similar lines to those councillors who spoke against today

Madsharkie

First Grade
Thanks for the updates guys and especially thank you to those who had the guts to stand up for your beliefs and the sharks. Well done.

Windy70

Juniors
Yep, well done guys. I am very confident now this will all go ahead.

The future 's so bright. Gotta wear shades.

carcharias

Immortal
Sometimes a person says something in passing and that comment alone serves to immediately discount every other thing that they're saying.

"... well, you know Captain Cook Drive was built by the yanks... "

or

"... I've been harassed and victimised by Sharks fans and I'm going to bring that up later... don't you worry about that... "

No way?

Please say it was George.

"The yanks" .... What century are these people living in.

fizman

Bench
Hahahaha.....thats right he did indeed talk about row boats and yes the yanks built "that" road!

The guy was seriously fired up and had a massive chip on his shoulder. Naturally most of the against were older folk.

There was one guy there who I thought might have just been Quigs' old mate - Soupe or whatever his name is?

carcharias

Immortal
They don't want anyone else to have the same thing they have.
That is it.
It has nothing to do with mangroves and floods at all.
These people think they own the area.

Who are they to tell anyone what they can and can't do ?

I have seen Capsis in the front yard of a house near the field after most games this year.
Why?

He is trying to get anything he can to use against the development.
He is obviously waiting for some pissed kid to do something stupid.
Stupid old merkin even has the balls to say g'day to me.

George I know what you are doing!
f**k off with your hello's

Frenzy.

Immortal
That is it.

I have seen Capsis in the front yard of a house near the field after most games this year.
Why?

He is trying to get anything he can to use against the development.
He is obviously waiting for some pissed kid to do something stupid.
Stupid old merkin even has the balls to say g'day to me.

George I know what you are doing!
f**k off with your hello's

I think you should get him in a squirrel grip and poke him in the eye with a pluto pup stick.

Quigs

Immortal
A pluto pup stick, now there is some inspiration for a healthy lunch.

Hey all the old farts here that still breathe.

Do you remember the walkway from Cronulla Station down to South Cronulla Beach.

Zonks ago - Im talking the 60's - At the far eastern end of that walkway was a little takeaway hut (thingy) right in the middle of the pathway.

That was the first place that I ever had the pleasure and experience of eating a pluto pup. Used to get one coming home from the beach as a snotty nosed bratt. Smothered of course in cheap nasty tomato sauce.

Up here in the Park our local Lions Club has a big annual Festival of the Wind..(no its not about farting) see here ----> http://www.facebook.com/emuparkonline#!/festivalofthewind

I always volunteer to assist as a chefs assistant on the BBQ. Have done so for years. Part of the menu was always Pluto Pups. (they had a different name up here) I made it a ritual to have one every year on that date, just to reinforce in my mind how sh!thouse they actually are.

Thank farkkkk they dropped the Pluto Pups off the menu this year. My arteries feel munch better for it.

Anyhow back on topic....

Farkkkk you George.

Card Shark

Immortal
Not a great Pluto pup fan....

but love a Chiko.

Could eat 1 everyday.

Bet it's changed since the 60's mate. Everything changes - the fuddy f**king duddy's against the development need to realise that.

Bring on the development.

newman

First Grade
That is it.

This is exactly it. They have created a mental picture of what the shire should be like (sleepy seaside village) and are trying to create that. When you are 21km from the City and 10km from the airport, it just wont work. If you want to live in a sleepy villiage with no traffic, move to Gerringong. If you live in Metro Sydney you have to expect traffic and the rest of the hassles that go with city life. Everyone else cops it, why shouldnt the Shire? AND. If this development goes ahead, that means nearly 600 people can work in the area and dont have to add to the morning peak!