What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Take Action on the Development.

Weaponhead

Coach
Congrats and thanks to all involved. We can look forward to inflicting our kids with the joy of being a sharks fan for many years to come.

If I could say a few things on this.
As I ride he on the bus...

So it's a great day. For all sharks fans but I think in particular the likes of Newman and megaladon who were quite active in their drumming up of support and spreading the message and other behind the scenes work.

I'd like to say thank you to the club employees, especially Mr Irvine who when he first took over I was skeptical of. He has certainly grown into the role well and has achieved what the club desperately needed.
I think he's done an amazing job. I think he needs to be congratulated by the fan base as a whole.

I'd also put this forward. That now we are essentially out of the woods we do not rest at this point.
We need to be more proactive and forward thinking than ever before. Being in a better position financially will help achieve that.
We are still a small club. But today is a big day and could be the start of something entirely new.

The club has come a long way since that day in 09 when the chaser showed up. A lot of people have saved this thing. Well done to them all.

Last edited:

taipan

Referee
Yep !got to congratulate and thank the guys who did the groundwork and spent a lot of time getting this up .
IMO the whole presentation and content was professional from go to whoa.
As a supporter of long standing this is up there with a premiership.Long term security and a community asset to boot.
The first celebratory beer I have,:music1::b::thumn won't even touch the sides.
It makes last night's loss albeit at the death,more palatable.

Feej

First Grade
Wonder whether we'd be celebrating anything at all like this, if our old mate Bazza was still holding the reigns?

Quigs

Immortal
Thank you! :pray: Thank you! :pray: Thank you! :pray:

Great news hey Popper.

Congrats to all concerned .... youse done us proud.

Now all we got to do Pop is get them onto winning a premiership before we have more vacancies on the perch. I am not planning on falling off it for a while yet, but the birth cert is starting to get scarier.

Feej

First Grade
Hey Quigs, I just pinched your awesome development pic for FB - Hope you don't mind.

The Popper

Bench
Now all we got to do Pop is get them onto winning a premiership before we have more vacancies on the perch. I am not planning on falling off it for a while yet, but the birth cert is starting to get scarier.
Bloody oath, Quigs. Judging from my geneology, my `use by' date is getting pretty close. Might head on down to the meeting tonight to watch the young blokes celebrate.:)

SadShark

Bench
Absolutely echo the sentiments of the forumers on here - well done all of you Sharkies that worked hard to get the job done.

Can this win now, by osmosis, change the culture of our ingrained losing mentality?
Does it mean the end of always being the poor, sorry relo that doesn't get invited to Xmas lunch?
Make sure that a f**king positive win like this filters all the way down to the ball boys.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to celebrate by making love to all the old ladies at St Patricks Rest Home.

Quigs

Immortal
Bloody oath, Quigs. Judging from my geneology, my `use by' date is getting pretty close. Might head on down to the meeting tonight to watch the young blokes celebrate.:)

I suggest you go down and watch the young chickie babes who are with the young blokes who will be celebrating.

Just remember to take the right pills with you. The blood pressure ones not the other ones. We don't want Popper popping up in places where he shouldn't pop up.

Hope old George turns up. Give him a hook for me Pop.

Feej

First Grade
Just saw Crapsis on the news having yet another whinge. Just go away you old merkin!

M2D2

Bench
A question for anybody who was paying attention, with this development, how much of it is affecting toyota stadium at the same time as everything is being built or is it all with the money we will do this after?

Stinkler

Juniors
The only disruption is when they dig a hole in the middle of the field to build the massive underground bank vault to hide all our money in!!!!

Eion

First Grade
Great news. Heard DI on 2sm and I almost teared up. Well done to all those that made massive efforts with this.

Great news. Heard DI on 2sm and I almost teared up. Well done to all those that made massive efforts with this.

I am big enough to man up and admit it...me too!

Thank you to everyone, I mean everyone. I love youse all! Okay not that f**kwit Redback and oh Coupe, KMAV etc etc, but yeah the rest of you

Latest posts