What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Take note cronulla fans

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Craigshark said:
I'm glad i made my point clear before i left..
:lol: As they say in the trailer park, don't let the gate slap your hairy ass on the way out.

wittyfan

Referee
Covellius Maximus said:
Luke Covell is already an immortal in my eyes ;-)

He's gonna kill your Dragons in Round 20 at Oki Doki

Hell show up that cat Colin Best

:lol: It looks like we'll never know with Covell demoted.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
lol. I didn't even notice that sully. He's been dropped?

The Covelliers must be in mourning.

G

gorilla

Mr Angry said:
I still do not quite understand the 'immortal' issue.

St.George has nothing to do with it.

It was a RLW magazine competition.

Last time I checked Bob Fulton was never a Dragon.

Why do you cussy feel St.George has any sort ownership with the 'tag' immortal?

Does it annoy you that Wally is one?

And whether you like it or not, who we are calling 'immortal' down at Cronulla will be immortal at the Cronulla Club in that they will never be forgotten. Just don't see the problem.

That was funny ribs - you bastard.

Mr A, not many things piss me off, but the immortals thing does. It's got little to do with Dragons immortals (of which there is a majority), but it's to do with what an immortalis and how one gets to be one.

The reasons they are "Immortals" is because of their unsurpassed influence on and over the game. Sure there are others players who might qualify as an immortal, but the Shark's hijacking of the concept and practice is degrading to all those real immortals.

If they (Sharks) were really thoughful, they might have called the Shark's 'immortals' something more suitable, given your quote:
"And whether you like it or not, who we are calling 'immortal' down at Cronulla will be immortal at the Cronulla Club in that they will never be forgotten."

They could have easily been "The Memorables" no problem, but the immortals (a nationally-code wide concept) has been used illegitmately - I'm surprised there isn't legal action.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
gorilla said:
If they (Sharks) were really thoughful, they might have called the Shark's 'immortals' something more suitable
Well 'immortal' does mean death-defying. Heaven knows the Sharks have managed to stave of death more than once.

Why not the 'Evel Knievels'?
That is assuming Mr Knievel doesn't make the sharks jump through a few hoops in the courts. You know what these seppos are like.

Failing that, 'The Undead' - now that has a nice ring to it. And there's no chance of being sued for that.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Dean Moriarty said:
LOL, put that way it's all a bloody big lie. I bet not one of them lives for ever.
And in 6 billion years we'll all be dust. I intend on being out of here by then.
Sutho_Sharks said:
Sharks : 50
def
Dragons : 4

First Try Scorer : Danny Nutley
Last Try Scorer : Brett Kimmorley
Well done Sutho_Sharks. It's hard not to admire a bloke who puts his donger on the chopping block so readily.

Rexxy

Coach
The Dragons website has made a bit of a boo boo. Michael McDonald must still think he's at Cronulla? Unless Longy is the new webmaster....

:shock:

Noooooooooooo21.bmp

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Still got the score up from last week. Bad omen Quintech.
Looks like the Slab has been given to the cashed-up again.

Lenny_2212

Juniors
the dragons will leapfrog the sharks this week into a possible top 4 position, while the sharks start drowing in the ocean that is finals contention.

G

gorilla

Sutho_Sharks said:
Sharks : 50
def
Dragons : 4

First Try Scorer : Danny Nutley
Last Try Scorer : Brett Kimmorley

a comedian !
you've put a 'th' in your name instead of the 'ck'

come back on Monday

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
gorilla said:
Mr A, not many things piss me off, but the immortals thing does. It's got little to do with Dragons immortals (of which there is a majority), but it's to do with what an immortalis and how one gets to be one.

The reasons they are "Immortals" is because of their unsurpassed influence on and over the game. Sure there are others players who might qualify as an immortal, but the Shark's hijacking of the concept and practice is degrading to all those real immortals.

If they (Sharks) were really thoughful, they might have called the Shark's 'immortals' something more suitable, given your quote:
"And whether you like it or not, who we are calling 'immortal' down at Cronulla will be immortal at the Cronulla Club in that they will never be forgotten."

They could have easily been "The Memorables" no problem, but the immortals (a nationally-code wide concept) has been used illegitmately .
I take your point, and you have articulated something the author could not.
Perhaps another name could have been used.
I do however think you'll see it go the other way. More teams will do the 'immortals' thing.
In the end that will give the overall league immortals further status.
Club immortal and league immortal or just club immortal.

Just my view on the world.

gorilla said:
I'm surprised there isn't legal action.
No suprises here, you cannot copyright a common word.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
gorilla said:
a comedian !
you've put a 'th' in your name instead of the 'ck'

come back on Monday
So relevent in this thread also.

Posters like you Sutho give us all a bad name moron

Sutho_Sharks

Juniors
Rexxy said:
The Dragons website has made a bit of a boo boo. Michael McDonald must still think he's at Cronulla? Unless Longy is the new webmaster....

What a shyte site! There just preparing their fans for the inevitable smashing

Newton + Cronulla = Merged Scum

WTF? Oh damn, our PL is merged so we get the benefits attached - your f**king first grade is merged scum, the team you support is merged scum twit

Sutho_Sharks

Juniors
Posters like you Sutho give us all a bad name moron

You get that response from forummers who cop it from behind off the likes of Reefy & Co. Its also concerning that a member takes the side of dragqueen supporter, says something about that particular individual.

doubt we'll be seeing him, or most of them for a few days in fact.

I think youll be seeing alot more, dont know why wed disappear after we smash the queens!