What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Talking boonie

Dread

Juniors
So I picked up a pair of these little things yesterday... but I'm sitting here waiting for some classic commentary from them, and so far, nothing.

I've followed the instructions to a tee. What am I doing wrong?

willvillain

Juniors
Just put it on top of your TV and wait. It's a bit of a let down to be honest. But he still has the occasional comment, but they are quite spaced out.

FinalSolution

Juniors
ozbash said:
whats a talking boonie ?

It's a promotional give away from VB.
It's a small doll type thing of David Boon.
And if you put it close to your TV it's ment to talk at certain times during the One dayers.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,17830793%255E28957,00.html

b9_1_b.JPG

sunny

Maybe they can come up with a kiwi equivalent for it, a "whingeing smithy" or something.

Southernsaint

Staff member
It sayss stuff like:

"Where's my thongs"

"I love nachos"

"Get me a beer, the cricket's about to start"

Not as good as I was hoping to be honest...

OVP

Coach
What do u have to buy to get one ? Please dont say a case. Id find it difficult to drink just one of that cats piss :lol:

willvillain

Juniors
OVP said:
What do u have to buy to get one ? Please dont say a case. Id find it difficult to drink just one of that cats piss :lol:

Close, it's two cases. :D

But they're sold out now anyway.

Hurriflatch

Referee
it was just today's match that Bonnie didn't do much talking due to Australia's crappiness Boonie was too drunk to talk after 2 overs from Dorrey

carcharias

Immortal
I'll give you my Talkin Boonie conspiracy theory.

1: 1 carton is all that was needed and you just texted the serial no. from the carton with your address to VB. Then he arrived in the mail.

2: It is a subliminal device to get us to drink VB by way of watching their advertising during the cricket.

3: It doesn't have to be in front of or on top of the TV to work..as the instuctions suggest.

4: It worked even when I was watching a different channel and he was laying on the garage floor...and when the TV was off.

My theory...it has a digital clock/date built in and is programmed to make comments during the games.
The whole "you have to be watching the Cricket for it to work" is bollocks .

Sorry for spoiling the magic kiddies....but you have to admit it is a pretty good gimmick by the beer makers.

bazza

Immortal
carcharias said:
I'll give you my Talkin Boonie conspiracy theory.

1: 1 carton is all that was needed and you just texted the serial no. from the carton with your address to VB. Then he arrived in the mail.

2: It is a subliminal device to get us to drink VB by way of watching their advertising during the cricket.

3: It doesn't have to be in front of or on top of the TV to work..as the instuctions suggest.

4: It worked even when I was watching a different channel and he was laying on the garage floor...and when the TV was off.

My theory...it has a digital clock/date built in and is programmed to make comments during the games.
The whole "you have to be watching the Cricket for it to work" is bollocks .

Sorry for spoiling the magic kiddies....but you have to admit it is a pretty good gimmick by the beer makers.

Having no idea about it's inner workings, I would guess it has some type of antenna receiving a signal from either 9s analgoue or digital transmission. You are receiving the transmission even though your TV isn't on.

Palms

Juniors
Yeh after the Aussie vs Sth Africa game which finished early, I haeppend to switch over to the tennis and boonie started talking! I think the conspiracy theorists might actually be right for once on this one..

IanG

Coach
Palms said:
Yeh after the Aussie vs Sth Africa game which finished early, I haeppend to switch over to the tennis and boonie started talking! I think the conspiracy theorists might actually be right for once on this one..

What did it say after you flicked over?

Southernsaint

Staff member
Yep, I agree that it's on a timer of some sort. Boonie taks even when I'm watching Foxtel or DVDs...