What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team 20 - Who? Adelaide or Queensland 5?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Ur fake numbers have already been debunked.
Haha only in your and iamback’s head!
but you keep living in your lala land if it helps you sleep at night.
nrl offical: “over” $400 mill

fox$240mill
ch9 $130mill
skynz $32mill

Last deal $385mill
increase this deal ch9 $5mill contra, skynz $12.2mill

Guess what dolphins = zero

When they were choosing the 17th team I personally thought the FyreHawks were the best option. Mainly because I m a silent Shane Richardson fan, mainly because every club he gone to he makes them successful, including his time with my team.
I've now changed my mind. I like that the Dolphins git the license.
They may not have been the most popular choice by the general NRL public, but one thing hasn't been mentioned anywhere much, if at all.
They are the very first Qld team that has been accepted into the NRL team that is not a made up club. They are a traditional club, much like many of the Sydney clubs.
I understand that North Qld had a rep side forever, but they weren't a club on its own.
No matter what past hate through Qld traditional rivals, they should be embracing the fact that one of their own finally got in.

Colk

First Grade
Do you read what you want?! Idiot wants to get rid of tigers in Sydney. South West fast growing region (Camden was fastest growing LGA for many years recently) & slated to be parkland city.

Holy crap that was the most ironic statement I have read in a while. All I can say is pot kettle black.

In any case, why get upset? It is unlikely to happen.

Perth Red

Post Whore
When they were choosing the 17th team I personally thought the FyreHawks were the best option. Mainly because I m a silent Shane Richardson fan, mainly because every club he gone to he makes them successful, including his time with my team.
I've now changed my mind. I like that the Dolphins git the license.
They may not have been the most popular choice by the general NRL public, but one thing hasn't been mentioned anywhere much, if at all.
They are the very first Qld team that has been accepted into the NRL team that is not a made up club. They are a traditional club, much like many of the Sydney clubs.
I understand that North Qld had a rep side forever, but they weren't a club on its own.
No matter what past hate through Qld traditional rivals, they should be embracing the fact that one of their own finally got in.
They’ve certainly got the resources and history behind them so hopefully they’ll be a big success. I can’t see them ever being as well supported as the firehawks would have been but that’s par for most of the nrl.

Pippen94

First Grade
Haha only in your and iamback’s head!
but you keep living in your lala land if it helps you sleep at night.
nrl offical: “over” $400 mill

fox$240mill
ch9 $130mill
skynz $32mill

Last deal $385mill
increase this deal ch9 $5mill contra, skynz $12.2mill

Guess what dolphins = zero

Everybody knows ur numbers are bs. Wookie exposed ur Perth garbage that you've been putting out for years including inflating participation by 4000%.
Regarding dolphins, a quick search of news articles show expansion payment was made after TV deal, which has clause for added payment after afl deal. Everything u write is garbage.

Pippen94

First Grade
Holy crap that was the most ironic statement I have read in a while. All I can say is pot kettle black.

In any case, why get upset? It is unlikely to happen.

Shows stupidity of ppl here wanting to remove teams from growing areas.

They’ve certainly got the resources and history behind them so hopefully they’ll be a big success. I can’t see them ever being as well supported as the firehawks would have been but that’s par for most of the nrl.
The Sunshine Coast is a very fast growing area. A lot of hate there for the Broncos. I reckon they'll adopt them as their first, or second, team.

Pippen94

First Grade

Firehawks were a plastic joke that had to merge with a bid which was already a merger of two bids, in a hope to gain traction by associating with a fast growing outer region. Even they could see there's no room to grow in the inner city - Penny hasn't dropped for dummies here

Colk

First Grade
Shows stupidity of ppl here wanting to remove teams from growing areas.

It’s a forum mate. You don’t have to get angry about it.

The chances of a Sydney team being relocated and removed seems pretty low from a probability perspective in the short to medium term. The only way it could or would happen is if the game experienced some financial troubles in the future.

Nevertheless, the balanced view is maintaining traditions but also making sure those traditions don’t hold back the progress or development of the game.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Everybody knows ur numbers are bs. Wookie exposed ur Perth garbage that you've been putting out for years including inflating participation by 4000%.
Regarding dolphins, a quick search of news articles show expansion payment was made after TV deal, which has clause for added payment after afl deal. Everything u write is garbage.
Aww bless. Dolphins announced 13th Oct 21, tv deal announced 20th Dec 21. How can you be so wrong so often? It’s quite a skill you have!

The chances of a Sydney team being relocated and removed seems pretty low from a probability perspective in the short to medium term. The only way it could or would happen is if the game experienced some financial troubles in the future.

Nevertheless, the balanced view is maintaining traditions but also making sure those traditions don’t hold back the progress or development of the game.
The only way I can see a Sydney team falling over is if the NSW Gov prohibits licenced venues from having gaming machines. That would leave Bulldogs, Sharks, Tigers, Dragons and Sea Eagles in a lot of trouble.

mongoose

Coach
Broncos are a city wide team. Why you’d want to reduce the only club with a decent supporter base in the nrl more I don’t know! If you live in brisbane there is a club to follow. If you live north if Brisbane there is now a club to follow. We do t need brisbane3 for a very long time.
They have always been a city wide team, they don't represent any particular part of the city (north, south or west) and I don't believe their fanbase is concentrated in any particular parts of the city. If anything the majority of Broncos fans probably live on the outskirts than the snobby inner suburbs. Ashgrove/Red Hill probably has a low percentage of Broncos fans. The idea of trying to divide Brisbane up into separate regions for the sake of NRL teams is dumb because the Broncos already cover EVERYWHERE and they sure as hell won't recede back into being just a north west team or something so other teams can take their pie.

This is why many of us said the 2nd Brisbane team needs to basically mimic the Broncos - that is play out of Suncorp and market themselves to the whole of Brisbane. With good branding and marketing it can be done and they could have had their own separate identity at the same time. Maybe the Dolphins can achieve this but I'm not convinced.

Pippen94

First Grade
Aww bless. Dolphins announced 13th Oct 21, tv deal announced 20th Dec 21. How can you be so wrong so often? It’s quite a skill you have!

So if you talking about that then NRL got increase on previous deal. Of course nobody knows if NRL has yet been compensated for afl deal, but feel free assume everything is burning

Pippen94

First Grade

Look at this troll saying I'm upset. Go to kiwi thread which was locked down to see angry ppl. Passive aggressive

Perth Red

Post Whore
Firehawks were a plastic joke that had to merge with a bid which was already a merger of two bids, in a hope to gain traction by associating with a fast growing outer region. Even they could see there's no room to grow in the inner city - Penny hasn't dropped for dummies here
What? Easts were formed in 1917! How does that make them ”plastic”?