What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team 20 - Who? Adelaide or Queensland 5?

Perth Red

Post Whore
What the competition needs now more than ever is another NSW side (of course). It just desperately needs it.
Of course it does. Having accepted that afl just blew us out of the water in part because of the locations of their clubs in major metro centres across Australia it is obvious that the real future value for the NRL is adding a struggling NSW pseudo nomadic regional club lol

Perth Red

Post Whore
So if you talking about that then NRL got increase on previous deal. Of course nobody knows if NRL has yet been compensated for afl deal, but feel free assume everything is burning
Compensated? Haha you crack me up!

Rugby League chairman Peter V’landys confirming that the record-breaking AFL deal would not translate to any upward revision to the current rugby league deal.
Senior sources at News Corp and Foxtel have confirmed that no additional payments will be made to the NRL under the existing contract,

Pippen94

First Grade
What? Easts were formed in 1917! How does that make them ”plastic”?

Yeah, good ole firehawks. Authentic as Perth pirates, reds, whatever..

Compensated? Haha you crack me up!

Rugby League chairman Peter V’landys confirming that the record-breaking AFL deal would not translate to any upward revision to the current rugby league deal.
Senior sources at News Corp and Foxtel have confirmed that no additional payments will be made to the NRL under the existing contract,

Peter V’landys didn't confirm. Unnamed sources said it hasn't happen yet. Just like all those unnamed businessmen wanting to invest in Perth team

Perth Red

Post Whore
Peter V’landys didn't confirm. Unnamed sources said it hasn't happen yet. Just like all those unnamed businessmen wanting to invest in Perth team
Really? You’re so funny!
Mr V’landys said that media rights deals were always being varied, but confirmed the NRL would not seek specific compensation because of the AFL deal.

yeh a club that’s been around since 1917 is plastic. You’re an idiot!

you mean apart from the three businessmen that have been previously named? Lol.

Pneuma

First Grade
Really? You’re so funny!
Mr V’landys said that media rights deals were always being varied, but confirmed the NRL would not seek specific compensation because of the AFL deal.

He’s not an idiot. But you are a whinging old turd!

Pippen94

First Grade
Really? You’re so funny!

Peter V pretty much states 5 times in that article that five year deal is dynamic & they always negotiating throughout. You read into things what you want.

Firehawks via the way of west corridor existed for how long?!

Pneuma

First Grade
Peter V pretty much states 5 times in that article that five year deal is dynamic & they always negotiating throughout. You read into things what you want.

The miserable old turd only sees the negative mate.

10$ Ferret

Staff member
These media deals are what is screwing the game. They aren't worth what is being paid and its the poor old fans like us that get punished. I am all for the players getting paid what they can but not at the expense of my foxtel going up and up and getting flooded with ads and not at the expense of the media dribble deciding what rules need changing.

No money goes down to kids playing the game it all goes into the pockets of elite players, their managers and nrl administrators. The game is (and hasn't been for ages) a game for those it was meant for and is being ruined by $s

The Great Dane

First Grade
These media deals are what is screwing the game. They aren't worth what is being paid and its the poor old fans like us that get punished. I am all for the players getting paid what they can but not at the expense of my foxtel going up and up and getting flooded with ads and not at the expense of the media dribble deciding what rules need changing.

No money goes down to kids playing the game it all goes into the pockets of elite players, their managers and nrl administrators. The game is (and hasn't been for ages) a game for those it was meant for and is being ruined by $s
The money isn't the problem in of it's self, it's the greed of individuals and groups within the sport that is.

An independent commission would go a long way to fixing most of these problems, unfortunately the ARLC isn't truly independent and never has been.

Colk

First Grade
Look at this troll saying I'm upset. Go to kiwi thread which was locked down to see angry ppl. Passive aggressive

Write it in English. It is your friend.

Also a troll, really? You’re on a forum to debate things - it’s not an echo chamber.

MugaB

Coach
What? Easts were formed in 1917! How does that make them ”plastic”?
Firehawks aren't tigers, same club yes, branding is way off... if it was a similar brand id be ok with it... but again the idea of a "plastic" club is semantics...
Take titans for Instance... the most plastic club in the NRL yes? People seem to agree or use as an example... but its now the oldest 1st grade/top teir gold coast franchise ever...
Its take a few more decades to let folk forget its plasticness... there's no way to put "plastic" into data terms... its just a human perception..
Im sure the broncos felt plastic when they started compared to the BRL teams prior

MugaB

Coach
Write it in English. It is your friend.

Also a troll, really? You’re on a forum to debate things - it’s not an echo chamber.
It looked pretty cohient to me = boring kiwi thread, angry people locked.... this is a forum... debate isn't the only thing to do here, we can joke about potatos...we can slur or atleast nudge, nudge, wink,wink, call out facts, call out trolls, have to remember most folk are on their phones, typos and speed texts are the norm..
Debating sence on a forum is for politicians..
Talk footy... or at least be relevant to the topic..
If see another post about the ashes, im gonna leave a shit at the door

Perth Red

Post Whore

nice backflip, you specifically said, and I quote; “if NRL has yet been compensated for afl deal“ nothing about a renegotiated contract due to new content or additional offerings. Both Vlandys and fox have very clearly stated there wil be no compensation because we negotiated a much shtter deal than afl did!

Vlandys is just spinning sht as he’s backed in a corner by how sht our deal is compared to afls. Only way deal changes is if we bring in a ninth team and extend yet again without going to tender. That would be even more of a disaster than just taking our medicine and getting new leadership before the next deal is negotiated.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Firehawks aren't tigers, same club yes, branding is way off... if it was a similar brand id be ok with it... but again the idea of a "plastic" club is semantics...
Take titans for Instance... the most plastic club in the NRL yes? People seem to agree or use as an example... but its now the oldest 1st grade/top teir gold coast franchise ever...
Its take a few more decades to let folk forget its plasticness... there's no way to put "plastic" into data terms... its just a human perception..
Im sure the broncos felt plastic when they started compared to the BRL teams prior
Of course they are, only reason they wouldn’t have retained their historic name is because it’s already used. The club would be the same club, just under a different brand for nrl. Your logic would suggest The Dolphins are not Redcliffe dolphins as they have a different name and kit colour. and are the plastic dolphins, at least for A decade or two! Every nrl club/brand starts somewhere.

MugaB

Coach
Of course they are, only reason they wouldn’t have retained their historic name is because it’s already used. The club would be the same club, just under a different brand for nrl. Your logic would suggest The Dolphins are not Redcliffe dolphins as they have a different name and kit colour. and are the plastic dolphins, at least for A decade or two! Every nrl club/brand starts somewhere.
I've never stated that east tigers were a "plastic club" but what they were trying to do was...
As far as Redcliffe dolphins, and The NRL Dolphins, aren't too far off branding wise, they didn't just up and call themselves, the "Brisbane Orcas", then change colors to teal, gold and black...
They at least just added gold to their brand of red and white, and dropped the redcliffe name, which they didn't even need to... but i understand why they did... could've been Moreton bay, or South Queensland, they even went as far as Sunshine State... which i prefered
Screenshot_20210512-160616_Samsung_Internet(2).jpg

Last edited:

I can understand the players wanting to be compensated for the harm they put themselves through. The staff who work behind the scenes at the football clubs are the biggest parasites bleeding the game dry. The smaller clubs pay about $4.8M on staff.

What are they doing to warrant that much money?

I'm basing this on the information available from p27 of the Gemba Report.

That's just the amount spent by the smaller clubs. The bigger ones would be spending another $10-12M.