What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team for Round 1 vs Dragons

aqua_duck

Coach
If they had any concerns about that I doubt they would've signed him in the first place. Besides if he wasn't on the outer at Penrith it wouldn't have even been an issue

billy2

Juniors
If they had any concerns about that I doubt they would've signed him in the first place. Besides if he wasn't on the outer at Penrith it wouldn't have even been an issue
He claimed he got drunk because of a fear of flying. That doesn't go away because Wayne Bennett says it should.
A one week leg injury sounds like a convienient excuse if Laurie doesn't fancy more press about his phobias - and who would?

KempoKnight

Juniors
He claimed he got drunk because of a fear of flying. That doesn't go away because Wayne Bennett says it should.
A one week leg injury sounds like a convienient excuse if Laurie doesn't fancy more press about his phobias - and who would?

If I remember right didn't he have only 2 drinks? and NZ is what? a 4-5 flight? Definetly wasnt drunk. I can understand why a guy might need a drink when flying.

aqua_duck

Coach
If I remember right didn't he have only 2 drinks? and NZ is what? a 4-5 flight? Definetly wasnt drunk. I can understand why a guy might need a drink when flying.

yep, there was never any assertion that he was drunk or even caused any dramas on the flight, the bloke had 3 bourbon and cokes because he was nervous about flying. I mean the bloke probably could've got off the plane and still been right to drive. If it was one of their golden boys like Jennings no one would've even known about it

Silent Knight

First Grade
This just in from the Dragons camp :lol:
I have to agree with thread sentiments here regarding the SMH (Rinehart’s Folly) quality of journalism
Today, some tool who professes to have crystal balls, pontificates that one of our weaknesses is that the team is aging.
FFS. If King and De Belin play, the average age is around 23. I heard rumours (remember you heard it here first) that the new shorts sponsor is …..HUGGIES!

Fairy Bread Creagh is going to need a pair of HUGGIES for this game. Any time one of our forwards gets in his face he's going to retreat and promptly CRAP HIS PANTS.

creagh.gif

Haffa

Referees:
Ashley Klein
Overall record. (2009-2011)
Newcastle - 3-0-9
Saints - 9-1-3

Matt Cecchin
Overall record (2001-2011)
Newcastle - 5-0-8
Saints - 11-0-6

I knew we haben't got much love from Cecchin since Joey told him what he thought of him but I had no idea our record with Klein as ref was that bad.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
one stat i love, in the last 8 encounters between the dragons and the knigons is that the away team has won every time..

KempoKnight

Juniors
Dragons side named.

DRAGONS:
1.Kyle Stanley
2.Brett Morris
3.Beau Scott
4.Matt Cooper
5.Jason Nightingale,
6.Jamie Soward
7.Ben Hornby (c)
8.Jeremy Latimore
9.Mitch Rein
10.Michael Weyman
11.Matt Prior
12.Ben Creagh
13.Dean Young

Interchange: 14Nathan Fien 15.Leeson Ah Mau 16.Trent Merrin 17.Jack de Belin

hardbaby

Coach
Agreed. I wouldn't trade any of our forward pack for theirs.

5 Origin forwards v 2 and you wouldn't trade any. Umm, yeah. No worries mate. FYI Cuthbertson only just made the Dragons 17 last year and he is a starting prop for the Knights. McKinnon couldn't make the team at all but he is in your 17. Buderus ain't exactly a spring chicken.

rabble

Juniors
Given that McK is only 19, it's fair enough. Scored a try or two i believe for the drags. Cuthbo belongs in most 17's but maybe not starting.

Latest posts