What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team for this weekend

Johns Magic

Referee
Ben said:
Just take a look at Newton and you can tell that natural talent does not mean anything in Rugby League if you are dedicated.

But as a result of injuries, he has been forced onto the starting line-up.

Newton's always had potential, he made the Junior Kangaroos.

Tanner hasn't made any junior rep teams.

Oh and Tanner hasn't been forced into the starting line-up. Several times this season he's started in front of Reynoldson and Newton.

RABK

Referee
Newton was nothing overly special when he was younger, a bit of potential but not much more then Tanner was at the same age. Perhaps there is more quality juniors around now - i don't know.

His ball handling was atrocious, Newton that is. Him and Jarrod O'Doherty were two young players that i watched a lot of, i always thought that although not naturally talented like Simmo was with hard work they could be something special.

Newton has proved me right while O'Doherty was great till he left and now i have NFI how he is going in the ESL.

Tanner if given time and he continues to work hard could be another Clint Newton.

Ben

Bench
To me, Newton didn't seem to be anything good when he first started. Sure he had potential, but he never showed it on the footy field. He made the ocassional good run but would drop the ball on the next set. What i am saying, is that no matter how much potential/ natural talent you may have, you have to apply yourself in training and during games to turn that talent into skill and then you can play to the best of your ability.

Tanner is no Sonny Bill Williams. He doesn't have the step or the offload, but give the kid some time and some ball and he will improve.

Latest posts