What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team for this weekend

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Sir Knight82 said:
I am not disrespecting you at all RBK I am just saying that you are reaching literally because if you cant see how those 4 players can make a difference then you well and truly have your red and blue goggles on.

If I was disrespecting you I'd be calling you names and getting personal.

And why dont you tell me why dont give a rats arse RBK? Or aren't you a big enough man?

I agree 100%. I thought it may have been stupidity, but in RABK case it could be as you said simply being to one eyed to see logic.

Johns Magic

Referee
RABK, you keep pointing to the Tigers as justification of your point because they won the premiership...but they had four forwards on the bench whose average weight was 102kg. We have three forwards, only one of whom is over 100kg and that is Davico with 102kg.

renouf

Juniors
I'll be interested to hear his explanation if Newcastle do get beaten on Sunday. Johns is the one player that has always been able to rip us to shreads.. but if his forwards are being dominated it won't matter.

Jayell

Juniors
Its pretty simple kids. Lowrie, Brown and Tanner are all reserve graders. If they played with the premier league side, they would do no better than they are right now.
I would love the knights to win on sunday, but if we do, it will be because johns,simpson,buderus and newtown dominate.......and because lowrie, brown and tanner dont f*** up too much. Accept reality

Doctor

Bench
I don't mind reading naive comments -- I can handle people not having a super understanding of the sport (I don't consider myself to have a high level of understanding either). I don't even mind reading the disagreement.

My issue here is the way people attack one another -- you're often found to be playing the man/woman, not the opinion. Calling someone "stupid" or "idiotic", or even their opinions "stupid" or "idiotic" is, in itself I'm afraid, immature. Surely there is a greater standard of language in your tool kit than these primary-schoolyard words.

And speaking of English standards -- some of your people need to learn how to spell. Typos are fine, but some of your spelling is pretty shoddy. It's somewhat ironic given those who are exhibiting the least advanced spelling seem to be the ones throwing the accusations about maturity, age and other allsorted barbs regarding someone else's capacity to create a reasoned argument.

The irony hasn't been lost on others, too, I suspect. Just thought I would let you know I found it funny. You have made my day.

Johns Magic

Referee
Oswin said:
The irony hasn't been lost on others, too, I suspect. Just thought I would let you know I found it funny. You have made my day.

What a sad life you must lead...

Big Tim

First Grade
Jayell said:
Its pretty simple kids. Lowrie, Brown and Tanner are all reserve graders. If they played with the premier league side, they would do no better than they are right now.
I would love the knights to win on sunday, but if we do, it will be because johns,simpson,buderus and newtown dominate.......and because lowrie, brown and tanner dont f*** up too much. Accept reality

I resent that comment.

1. Lowrie. While he may not be a "superstar" all teams need 17 players to start a game, and need a good contribution from all. Todd is one of those players that may not be as high profile as others but has solid defence and has moulded his game to resemble Simpson. His attack is improving and he is very effective at the roles he is given.

2. Brown. Once again not a "superstar" but does his job. One of the true "utilities" in the game. Not an impact player like Wing in Origin or Thurston in tonights Test but a true utility. If there are no injuries he will play in the back row, if there is an injury in the backline he can fill in at centres to make sure we dont have props trying to tackle centres on the edges. He can also play Hooker, which will be required at SOO considering Quigley has a broken jaw.

3. Tanner. One of my personal favourites. Have watched him since he was in Flegg and am amazed at his improvement each year. Not a "superstar" but one of our best defenders. He has had multiple concussions this season due to throwing himself at attackers. He will hit the attacker, not just tackle them, there are other players on this team that I would run at before going near Reegan. Not great with the ball but that is not his main role.

In summary my point is you cannot win with only 4 players, while you may beleive that we need them not to "f**k up, I beleive we need them to fulfill their personal roles successfully. Whether that be to make 25+ tackles or to lead the attack, all players have their roles.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
As the week goes on, I'm not too sure why, but I am growing more confident of a win by the day. All of this however, no surprises, is provided Simmo,Bedsy and Joey all back up. Joey in particular. I still don't like the look of our bench to be honest, but something tells me that the boys will be primed for a good effort. I'm sure they don't want to lose three in a row at home.

Bicey_18

Bench
Things look good 4 Sunday with the boys getting through relatively unscathed, we really need them 2 beat Brisbane.

Jono078

Referee
Jobdog said:
As the week goes on, I'm not too sure why, but I am growing more confident of a win by the day. All of this however, no surprises, is provided Simmo,Bedsy and Joey all back up. Joey in particular. I still don't like the look of our bench to be honest, but something tells me that the boys will be primed for a good effort. I'm sure they don't want to lose three in a row at home.

Im completly opposite to you, each day im becomming less confident.

But after tonight it looks like Hunt and Civo (im sure they mentioned him as being uncertain for our match) it has given me a confidence boost.

Hopefully our 3 can back up.

antonius

Coach
This mornings paper says all our boys pulled up ok from last night, the only one who will need extra managing is Simmo, he's been carrying some niggling injuries for some time according to Hagan.

chinorocks

Juniors
If Simmo is carrying a niggle, we should add another big forward to the bench as cover. Should have done that anyway though...

Ghoulies

Bench
For those interested, here is the updated Bronco side:

Broncos:
1. Darius Boyd
2. Tame Tupou
3. Justin Hodges
4. Shaun Berrigan
5. Brent Tate
6. Darren Lockyer (c)
7. Shane Perry
8. Shane Webcke
9. Casey McGuire
10. Petero Civoniceva
11. David Stagg
12. Corey Parker
13. Tonie Carroll

Interchange:
14. Brad Thorn
15. Ben Hannant
16. Sam Thaiday
17. Ian Lacey

OUT: Karmichael Hunt (concussion), Greg Eastwood
IN: Brent Tate

Stuzmeister

Juniors
That's potentially good news for us. They've still got 3 players backing up, including Tupou, and 1 that's had to withdraw. Bring on tomorrow's game. Can't wait.

Jono078

Referee
Geez, they lose Hunt yet bring in someone like Tate!

Well hopefully Tates confidence is down and Carney and Gidley run rings around him.

Losing Hunt is a big blow for them though, he does a fair bit of playmaking with Lockyer and we dont know how Boyd will handle Johns' kicking game.

I'm liking our chances better now tbh.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
IMO I think that Bedsy will start off the bench, cos apparently he's got a bit of an arm injury, but they expect him to play. I also think that Simmo will start off the bench and Lowrie will start in his spot. Could be wrong in making these deductions though. I really do think we can win tomorrow.

knights9

Juniors
I think we can this, but the only thing worrying me is the size of the bench compared to ours.

RABK

Referee
Will post the stats as soon as Big League becomes available as that is the most accurate source of game stats.

But geez, didn't our more mobile forwards match the much larger broncos pack, scoring a couple of great tries, making breaks up the middle of the ruck and putting the likes of Webcke, Thorn and Civoneceva on their backs time and time again.

Good to see them outlast the Broncos pack too, Broncos had nothing in the final 15.

Well done Lowrie, Brown, Davico and Tanner...

The amount of metres they made was alarming though as we all pointed out, it was a blow for blow tic tac performance RBK, if it hadnt of been such a hot day in which neither team was interested in tackling then it would have been a different story.

However being a tryathon it was great too see that everyone performed.

Tanner and Brown IMO where very average particularly Tanner - WTF does the guy offer? Where great.

Davico showed many, many promising signs and is starting to show some of the aggression that his famous for.

That said I cannot wait for Reynoldson, Perry and Tolar to get back then we cant start to monster teams again, rather than just holding on.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I thought id come in here and start eating some humble pie. I thought our more mobile bench did the trick. Everyone put in, and they probably matched the Broncos grunt. Riley Brown was good, as was Davico and Lowrie. Mullen didn't get much game time.

Latest posts