What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list next Tuesday vs Rnd 10 Broncos 10th May 2024

emjaycee

Coach
We signed Morgan Harper 16/10/2023.
Arthur Miller-Stephen did his ACL 21/11/2023.
Richard Penisini did his ACL 11/01/2024.

Now common sense tells me that the first guy was signed just in case he was needed. It may well have been the case that the first guy even had to start the season, but he was only signed for the year and it was clear (to me anyway) that it was all about timing. The first opportunity to use the second and/or the third guy in NRL in various positions in conjunction with Bailey and Russell, would mean that the first guy would then become an emergency fill-in (depth) towards the mid to end of 2024.

Buy hey, what would I know ?
I think Xerri was signed by the Dogs at the end of 2022 at which time I am not sure we were looking for another centre and Olam was agreed in Jan 2024 as a player swap with Blore which was after we had signed Harper.
Harper was definitely signed as a depth player given our first choice centres were Simmonsson and Penisini.

Correction: Xerri was available at the time that we had lost and not replaced Opacic following the 2022 GF.
Waqa Blake and Penisini were our first choice centres at that time and it was before Blake's total meltdown (it was only partial at that stage).

Gronk

Staff member
you are right - he was the best available option and we were right to spurn other options to get him.

We don't want decent players blocking our kids - better to have Harper so that if the kids are good, then nothing is lost.

The reality is that the "Harper" role in your scenario could have been played by someone who could have strengthened our squad....but that would mean the club erred and we can't admit that.
Yes, but that player would have cost a lot more money and would not have signed only for 12 months.

emjaycee

Coach
you are right - he was the best available option and we were right to spurn other options to get him.

We don't want decent players blocking our kids - better to have Harper so that if the kids are good, then nothing is lost.

The reality is that the "Harper" role in your scenario could have been played by someone who could have strengthened our squad....but that would mean the club erred and we can't admit that.
Serious question - are you this sarcastic in real life?

eels4life87

Juniors
With the fact that Mitch is due back by round 12 and Gutho is expected to be out 4-5 weeks and with the fact that the announcement of Guthos injury was almost a full week before round 9 that means that it’s now pretty much 3-4 weeks before Gutho comes back. Wouldn’t it be wild if they came back together

Chipmunk

Coach
With the fact that Mitch is due back by round 12 and Gutho is expected to be out 4-5 weeks and with the fact that the announcement of Guthos injury was almost a full week before round 9 that means that it’s now pretty much 3-4 weeks before Gutho comes back. Wouldn’t it be wild if they came back together
You must live a pretty sheltered life if you think that's wild.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Will be interesting to see who goal kicks V The Broncos.
Asi and Russell shared the duties in the 2s last week. Both were ok. Sanders is the regular 2s kicker. BA threw the ball to Dylbags last game though.
I guess the answer is a pumpkin!

Chipmunk

Coach
Asi and Russell shared the duties in the 2s last week. Both were ok. Sanders is the regular 2s kicker. BA threw the ball to Dylbags last game though.
Not sure the result will come down to goal kicks to be fair.

If the Broncos are fair dinkum, their final score is likely to start with at least a 5.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Just pluck someone from the crowd.

There wont be many to choose from.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Thinking about next Fridays game and Im getting excited.
Yep we will probably lose but after following our Eels for 60 seasons, thats nothing new to me. My footy experience is much more than the game.
Its memories of Mum and Dad and so much fun footy time with them now gone.
Its time with my Sister and her hubby who love their Eels also.
Its sitting with my Son and youngest grandie, forgetting the worries of the world and just sharing time together.
Its remembering great Eels moments and players. Yes Ive been lucky enough to see many.
Its enjoying the reviews and comments afterwards although I must say this forum is far more entertaining after a loss.
Enough waffle.
Id like to see this team chosen V The Broncos.
Talagi. Put your money where your mouth is BA.
Simmonson
Penisini
Harper
Russell
Brown. Yes number 6 and Captain.
Sanders. Yes number 7 and goal kicker.
Greig. Ffs give him a chance. He was a revelation last year.
Hands. Has to be better than Lussick.
RCG. Hopefully the rest was kind to him.
Matterson. Best game in 2 years last week.
Cartwright. Welcome back champion.
Hopgood
Arthur. Lets see if he can handle it.
Oppy
Paulo. Run front on you pretender.
Lane. Middle, make the bugger earn his money.
Cant wait.

Latest posts